Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have been using this for about 3 weeks now and IMO these make for the best user experience of any current swivel on the market.
emoji106.png

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah, I’ve always found the swivels work best with a slight angle at the back of the brush even though you can adjust the angle adapter. I modified my 90 degree quick-loq ones using screws

Yeah, I’ve always found the swivels work best with a slight angle at the back of the brush even though you can adjust the angle adapter. I modified my 90 degree quick-loq ones using screws
Yep, agreed. Not only the swivel but the whole head assembly works better if the brush is connected via an angle instead of 90 degrees. The brush and pole work much more harmoniously. I believe that Gardiners may be releasing an angled Quick-Loq connector so everyone will have the choice of angled connection whether swivel or not.[emoji106][emoji106]

Yep, agreed. Not only the swivel but the whole head assembly works better if the brush is connected via an angle instead of 90 degrees. The brush and pole work much more harmoniously. I believe that Gardiners may be releasing an angled Quick-Loq connector so everyone will have the choice of angled connection whether swivel or not.
emoji106.png
emoji106.png

That'll be good. I've been waiting for that. I'm currently working like this

brush angle.jpg

I don't think it's as great an angle as Alex's new one but it certainly makes a diference. I have my quick-loqs set up the same way

That'll be good. I've been waiting for that. I'm currently working like this

View attachment 11893

I don't think it's as great an angle as Alex's new one but it certainly makes a diference. I have my quick-loqs set up the same way
You would love the new angled swivel connector.[emoji106]Deffo worth you trying it, they're only a fiver.

How did you get on with it?

First day with it today. Really like it. That extra few degrees over my mod makes quite a diffence and the pivot directly behind the brush combined. Brilliant! 

Though I like the q-loq for the convenience of changing brushes this is definitely better for working with and will be staying on my brush.

Looks like a great idea.  Looks a pest to change brushes though, maybe Gardiners can design a split half way down in the plastic goose neck that could either be a quik loq connection, or I would prefer a screw thread like you have on brush stock, so its solid fit, if that makes sense.

Looks like a great idea.  Looks a pest to change brushes though, maybe Gardiners can design a split half way down in the plastic goose neck that could either be a quik loq connection, or I would prefer a screw thread like you have on brush stock, so its solid fit, if that makes sense.

I think they are currently trialing a q-loq version. However, if you are after the lightest one avilable this one is tops I beleive. It's only a few grams less weight but on the end of an extended pole it's noticeably lighter that the q-loq one

Had to use my Slx22 today couple of townhouses hasn't got the swivel installed, bloody ? lol seriously only been using the swivel for a couple of weeks defo the way forward. 

Had to use my Slx22 today couple of townhouses hasn't got the swivel installed, bloody [emoji90] lol seriously only been using the swivel for a couple of weeks defo the way forward. 
I honestly don't know how people manage without them. Been using them for well over a decade, us veterans used to have to make our own!![emoji16][emoji106]

I used to waste a lot of water when working without a swivel. I often had to turn the brush on it's side to get in the corner of a window and spray water all over the wall.

First day with it today. Really like it. That extra few degrees over my mod makes quite a diffence and the pivot directly behind the brush combined. Brilliant! 

Though I like the q-loq for the convenience of changing brushes this is definitely better for working with and will be staying on my brush.

Used my SLX 25 today with the q-loq swivel on. It felt awkward compared to the new angled one on my everyday 22' pole.  Gotta get another on now to go on the 25

Last edited by a moderator:
They look good but what about brush changes as I have lots of wooden and leaded windows and change brushes a couple times a day that the only reason why I havnt ordered one.

also I had to use my Slx22 today for the last two jobs as my 18' pole hose split that only as a standard gooseneck hated it, havnt used my use my bungalow pole either as no swivel lol.

Back