Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Put one of the angled swivel on my clx4 only used a couple of times but liked it a lot.

I like the swivels a lot, I think they make a lot of sense. I've currently taken them off, as I use cold water I need to use the end of the brush to put pressure on the glass for anything dried on, I tried to do this with the swivel but when you put pressure on the ends it... swivels of course, the only pressure you can put is flat in the middle...

I like the swivels a lot, I think they make a lot of sense. I've currently taken them off, as I use cold water I need to use the end of the brush to put pressure on the glass for anything dried on, I tried to do this with the swivel but when you put pressure on the ends it... swivels of course, the only pressure you can put is flat in the middle...

I use the 30° swivel. I also use the end of the brush to loosen bird muck. The way I do it is to swivel the brush till it's parrallel (almost) with the shaft of the pole then flip the brush upside down and use the end. Works for me anyhow

Last edited by a moderator:

I use the 30° swivel. I also use the end of the brush to loosen bird muck. The way I do it is to swivel the brush till it's parrallel with the shaft of the pole then flip the brush upside down and use the end. Works for me anyhow

Great idea

I've been using PU pole hose with my Univalves for well over a year with no clips of any sort holding it on. Just warmed it up with boiling water, pushed it on and job done. Never had it come apart.

I did have a JG connector between my Univalves and the brush but after one corroded and broke apart, I took them out.

It has been withdrawn due to reliability issues with production. We found that for a percentage of clients it did not last long enough or reliably enough in everyday use.

We now have some improved versions out on testing with clients that had previously had issues to see if these improved production methods have worked.

I am not giving up on the concept as many of our clients (& myself) really like the simple twist action to control the flow - it is not for everyone, but for many it works really well.
@Alex GardinerI ordered 2 gooseneck valves and loved them, no bending or twisting like with the univalves

It was short lived and after a week all sorts off probs and in fact they were binned.Still a great idea but need tweaking to be fit for sale

What I found a little annoying is the fact no emails or updates were sent when you clearly knew they were not fit for everyday work or lasting?

@Alex GardinerI ordered 2 gooseneck valves and loved them, no bending or twisting like with the univalves

It was short lived and after a week all sorts off probs and in fact they were binned.Still a great idea but need tweaking to be fit for sale

What I found a little annoying is the fact no emails or updates were sent when you clearly knew they were not fit for everyday work or lasting?
Hi Eviestevie

You should have contacted us when you first had an issue as we would have resolved it for you with a replacement or refund :1f603:

We did not send out mass emails or updates regarding them because the vast majority of our clients had no issues with them and they have continued to perform without fault even after a years regular use. We estimate that of the 1200 units we sold about 10% of our clients had issues with them - many of these issues took over 6 months to start occurring though. So we felt it best to deal with the smaller percentage of clients that did have faults rather than contacting the majority who had no issues. No clients that contacted us was left out of pocket only ourselves!

Of course this does mean that if  a client has had issues, but never gotten around to contacting us we will not have known about it.

I still felt that this percentage was too high for a product that I was wanting to fully support and warranty, which is why I decided to pull them - the manufacturer would have carried on supplying us, but I made the decision to stop selling even though I had invested much in tooling costs and had about £10,000 in unsold stock.

I have not given up on the idea though and I am actively prototyping new versions.

It's held all year without leaking a drop. The Univalve stays in place on the end of the pole hose and I just disconnect it if I need to change brush. I have a JG push fit connector between it and the brush.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

And did u not find with not having the plastic clip on for the univalve that goes on top of the goosneck that when you pull the univalve it comes out of the JG brush connector 

And did u not find with not having the plastic clip on for the univalve that goes on top of the goosneck that when you pull the univalve it comes out of the JG brush connector 

No, it all works perfectly. In fact, I also have a plastic cable tie on the pole hose where it exits the gooseneck to the brush. This is also instead of the metal O ring supplied.

Hi Eviestevie

You should have contacted us when you first had an issue as we would have resolved it for you with a replacement or refund :1f603:

We did not send out mass emails or updates regarding them because the vast majority of our clients had no issues with them and they have continued to perform without fault even after a years regular use. We estimate that of the 1200 units we sold about 10% of our clients had issues with them - many of these issues took over 6 months to start occurring though. So we felt it best to deal with the smaller percentage of clients that did have faults rather than contacting the majority who had no issues. No clients that contacted us was left out of pocket only ourselves!

Of course this does mean that if  a client has had issues, but never gotten around to contacting us we will not have known about it.
I purchased a gooseneck valve some time ago and right from the start I didn’t think it worked very well, very stiff, always had to loosen it by hand 1st thing and then during use I found I needed to wedge the brush in a corner of the window to twist and activate the valve  especially when working at height, so definitely no good for velux windows, and also not very good for my extreme pole. I stopped using it after about a week, just thought it wasn’t a very good product and didn’t know any better. 

Speaking to gardiners on the phone about 3 months later about something different I mentioned I wasn’t happy with the valve. I was told it probably needed a service and was offered some silicone grease. It shouldn’t need servicing from new, but since I already had some silicone grease I did the service and it seemed to work better. I removed the univalve which has been working great and fitted the gooseneck valve but in no time at all just stiff and unusable again. Whilst on the phone to Gardiner’s I was told as it was 3 months old (but only a week of use) I could send it back at my expense, it would be looked at, but if nothing was found to be wrong with it I would have to pay to have it sent back to me, I couldn’t be bothered to take the chance of being further out of pocket so just filed it with my other rubbish. 

So for me what has been said is not true, At no point was I offered a refund, at no point was I contacted to acknowledge that there was an ongoing issue with the gooseneck valves, at least one of yr customers (me) is out of pocket, and seeing as I was one of the ones having a problem it would of been nice to have been sent one of the new prototypes to try. 

As pleased as I am with the univalve as it works really well and has never missed a beat, I think the gooseneck valve would be even better and easier to use if it was reliable. 

I purchased a gooseneck valve some time ago and right from the start I didn’t think it worked very well, very stiff, always had to loosen it by hand 1st thing and then during use I found I needed to wedge the brush in a corner of the window to twist and activate the valve  especially when working at height, so definitely no good for velux windows, and also not very good for my extreme pole. I stopped using it after about a week, just thought it wasn’t a very good product and didn’t know any better. 

Speaking to gardiners on the phone about 3 months later about something different I mentioned I wasn’t happy with the valve. I was told it probably needed a service and was offered some silicone grease. It shouldn’t need servicing from new, but since I already had some silicone grease I did the service and it seemed to work better. I removed the univalve which has been working great and fitted the gooseneck valve but in no time at all just stiff and unusable again. Whilst on the phone to Gardiner’s I was told as it was 3 months old (but only a week of use) I could send it back at my expense, it would be looked at, but if nothing was found to be wrong with it I would have to pay to have it sent back to me, I couldn’t be bothered to take the chance of being further out of pocket so just filed it with my other rubbish. 

So for me what has been said is not true, At no point was I offered a refund, at no point was I contacted to acknowledge that there was an ongoing issue with the gooseneck valves, at least one of yr customers (me) is out of pocket, and seeing as I was one of the ones having a problem it would of been nice to have been sent one of the new prototypes to try. 

As pleased as I am with the univalve as it works really well and has never missed a beat, I think the gooseneck valve would be even better and easier to use if it was reliable. 
Well I’m not one for conflict and have always had good service from Gardiner but... 

I rang Gardiner and the lady I spoke with told me pretty much the same,I even watched the you tube video and greased and adjusted the screws as recommended 

The following day with the valve being stiffer disaster struck,had to twist the pole much harder,the brush flipped round and smashed a old window on a old hall I clean 

Luckily I was honest and the owners was ok when I told them I’d get it repaired or they could have my insurance details they just said 

don’t worry got company coming to replace the ones in pool room this week I’ll just get them sort it,cuppa lads!!!!! 

Sometimes a gooseneck valve did need a little adjustment to get the right level of stiffness.

Every gooseneck valve that was sent back by a client and an issue found with was offered a replacement or a refund depending on what the client wanted.

I personally inspected every unit returned and if it was just a stiff gooseneck I would often be able to adjust it so it worked without stiffness - usually even in this case we would actually send it back with no postage charge - this was because it was a new product and we wanted to support it fully. If there was a fault I always offered a replacement or refund and refund of return postage - there were no exceptions to this.

So if you had returned it to us your problems would have been solved :1f603: We would have sorted it, replaced it or refunded it if you had wanted.

In fact even now if you wanted to you could send it back and I will personally look at it for you. If I feel it needs adjusting to work smoothly I will do this for you or if just not possible I will refund you the initial purchase cost of £19.95 and your reasonable return postage. Drop me an email personally [email protected]

Well I’m not one for conflict and have always had good service from Gardiner but... 

I rang Gardiner and the lady I spoke with told me pretty much the same,I even watched the you tube video and greased and adjusted the screws as recommended 

The following day with the valve being stiffer disaster struck,had to twist the pole much harder,the brush flipped round and smashed a old window on a old hall I clean 

Luckily I was honest and the owners was ok when I told them I’d get it repaired or they could have my insurance details they just said 

don’t worry got company coming to replace the ones in pool room this week I’ll just get them sort it,cuppa lads!!!!! 
Same offer applies for you Eviestevie as I made to Lennie :1f603:

Send them back and I will take a look and refund you the cost of them and your return postage - drop me an email on [email protected].

Back