Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GFS AND CONNY ROOF CLEANS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well i'm starting to get a sinking feeling about that job now!

I'll have to put it down to experience, if i do it in 3hrs then so be it, i was hoping under 2hrs. But least I'll have something to go off for when i quote for the next one! 

I wish i took a photo now so i can look at it and have nightmares.

That Screwfix degreaser should i use it neat or 1-1 with water

I'll have to put it down to experience, if i do it in 3hrs then so be it, i was hoping under 2hrs. But least I'll have something to go off for when i quote for the next one! 

I'd dilute it or you'll get too many suds!and itll end up taking you 4 hours instead of 3!?

We ve all been there mate...doing add ons for a cheap price...you never know you might do it in 2 hours...

Let us all know how you get on....?

I'd dilute it or you'll get too many suds!and itll end up taking you 4 hours instead of 3!?

We ve all been there mate...doing add ons for a cheap price...you never know you might do it in 2 hours...

Let us all know how you get on....?
Ok, I'll use his hose/water and rinse it down then spray on the degreaser, i'll do one section at a time. I'll post next month when i'm done?

Don’t worry about it we all make mistakes and have to learn from them , look at it this way you are being paid to learn , Evan if the hourly rate isn’t good you will learn from it and have a better idear how to price the next job and time it better . When I first started I priced a bungalow plastic clean and conservatory clean ( this was trad cleaning no wfp then ) up at £60 thinking it was a great price it took me 2 days and was a very sharp learning curve , needless to say I never made the same mistake again ???

Don’t worry about it we all make mistakes and have to learn from them , look at it this way you are being paid to learn , Evan if the hourly rate isn’t good you will learn from it and have a better idear how to price the next job and time it better . When I first started I priced a bungalow plastic clean and conservatory clean ( this was trad cleaning no wfp then ) up at £60 thinking it was a great price it took me 2 days and was a very sharp learning curve , needless to say I never made the same mistake again ???
This thread could be confessions of a window cleaners bad quotes?

I thought i'd update on my conny trauma!

Once i got going i realised it wasn't going to come out perfect every time i rinsed more moss came out between the panes of glass i ended up using his hose which was a life saver really as it needed the power to shift the moss out. I explained once i started that to get it perfect that would need to be done by hand and i will get them as good as i can. before i started you couldn't see though the glass. So i think they are 100 times better. He even paid me £10 extra. He wants me to clean them regular. I just think the price is something that needs to be worked out. With just the house and conny sides but not the glass roof. i said £35 which i think it fair as it's a big conny.

It took me just over 3hrs and that was none stop, with maybe 2 flask coffee breaks ?

Let me know what you guys think

20210415_105814.jpg

20210415_105818.jpg

20210415_105821.jpg

20210415_105823.jpg

I thought i'd update on my conny trauma!

Once i got going i realised it wasn't going to come out perfect every time i rinsed more moss came out between the panes of glass i ended up using his hose which was a life saver really as it needed the power to shift the moss out. I explained once i started that to get it perfect that would need to be done by hand and i will get them as good as i can. before i started you couldn't see though the glass. So i think they are 100 times better. He even paid me £10 extra. He wants me to clean them regular. I just think the price is something that needs to be worked out. With just the house and conny sides but not the glass roof. i said £35 which i think it fair as it's a big conny.

It took me just over 3hrs and that was none stop, with maybe 2 flask coffee breaks ?

Let me know what you guys think

View attachment 24264

View attachment 24265

View attachment 24266

View attachment 24267
Looking good next time you do one you will be a bit quicker as you get more experience you will get to know how long it will take giving you a better idea of pricing 

Latest Posts

Back