Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bank Holiday

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Boo ya!

Not a single drop of rain could of sworn yesterday it said terrential downpours today but not a peep!

Got back from working at half five.

Nice that I can have bank holiday off and go for a bbq at me brothers :)

Boo ya!

Not a single drop of rain could of sworn yesterday it said terrential downpours today but not a peep!

Got back from working at half five.

Nice that I can have bank holiday off and go for a bbq at me brothers :)
Nice one matey.

You must not work very much!
We just offer a professional service to our customers.
If you clean in the rain and I don't mean a little shower, then all I can say is that you would not last long cleaning in my town as it's unacceptable in Plymouth.

Unacceptable in Plymouth. LMFAO.

Can just see every person in Plymouth getting together and voting on no cleaning in the rain.

Cleaning in the rain is science.

Professional companies offer a rain guarantee.

Still laughing /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yes we clean all day if it rains.

It's called educating customers on how WFP window cleaning and rain works.

I don't ask anybody to clean in the rain. If they decide not to clean then they don't but they don't get paid.

We have a rain guarantee on our website. Any customer who questions us working is directed to that website page.

Haven't had to do this year. And not had one complaint this year.

The main plus point for WFP is safety and be able to work in conditions where traditional

Wouldn't be acceptable or safe.

Day off when it's raining? No chance. Couldn't do that with the customer base me and my dad have.

I wouldn't work in heavy heavy rain.. Nor if the rain is bouncing off the glass..

Light showers with straightish falling rain, definitely..

I wouldn't work in heavy heavy rain.. Nor if the rain is bouncing off the glass..

Light showers with straightish falling rain, definitely..
You have hit it on the head.
I have worked in torrential rain before but the glass was NOT getting wet.

The issue with WFP is wind and rain. Not because the rain is hitting the glass due to wind. It's because the wind will have dirt, dust and debris. This then sticks to the glass.

We have 111000% had more complaints due to cleaning in the wind as opposed to rain.

I just remembered that you get far more rain than sunny Devon, thats why our business models are different. If it rained so much here we would probably have to do it, but I think we are fortunate enough to not have to.

I don't clean in the rain, my customers would just turn me away, so don't even bother trying, also I always see other windies going home when its raining, unless its commercial.

Plus I am not that desperate to get soaked and work wet all day,cant think of anything worse... what I cant do one day, I will catch up another. simples

Myself I have no problem with cleaning the following when it's raining apart from me maybe getting cold & wet:

Patio's, Paving, driveways etc

Conservatory roofs

Gutters, fascias, soffits, window frames, sills, doors, cladding etc

And/or Inside cleans too

As like Damo I also have a rain guarantee for window washing too. Personally I’ve found most ppl on my books don't mind me cleaning their glazing in light rain as they have been educated how the system works. Simples....

Back