Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Have had a young lad with me last two weeks 3 days a week as other 2 he goes collage. If you take someone out and say bout 11am it swear words down with rain and you have to stop do you still pay him his full wack. Or if it rains & you don't get as much done as you need to to cover yours & his wages.

problem with subcontracting is he has to have separate insurance etc, and you have absolutely no fall back if he takes the huff, and starts trying to take your customers or something like that. If you supply the work, and he only works for you. He is technically employed by you, so if HMRC was to ever look into it, you could end up with a not so nice employers NI bill, you should have been paying for a last few year, no Employers Liability... ahh theres another fine for you then. You get what I mean. Do it properly and you wont have to worry about things like that, you'll have the piece of mind, that everything is above board.

If it's cash on hand that's classes as sub contract because legally he should pay his own tax so you only pay him for the hours he works

cash in hand, and sub contracting to avoid pay staff there legal en***lements, is tax avoidance, and against the law. I know allot out there probablly do it, and I can think of allot industries that it is probably rife with this sort of thing, but if you get caught, saying everyone else does it wont help you. They can go back as far as 6 years. I wouldn't want a bill for 6 years of employers NI, you could end up out of business and bankrupt. Not worth it IMO.

My god there's a lot to it. He only comes with me to earn a bit of pocket money to help him through collage and a bit of spending money. I'm not Alan sugar lol. Didn't know all this just for a lad to earn bit of pocket money.

dont sub contract,,,, just make sure u got cover for 1 employee /emoticons/biggrin.png

Then just hire him and pay him cash in hand whenever /emoticons/smile.png

Thats what i would do....

I don't think it works like that H it's either all or nothing totally employ or sub contract

just give him 40 quid a day regardless as its swings and roundabouts tbh .

one day it may be peeing it down but you still get a bit done and other times it might be a good day when you get loads done .

just give him 40 quid a day regardless as its swings and roundabouts tbh .

one day it may be peeing it down but you still get a bit done and other times it might be a good day when you get loads done .

You been watching me lol

Back