Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter camera

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've used several cameras and each one either packed in or I broke.

I started off with a fixed cable camera system that packed up. Tried those chepo camera wirless baby monitors which were **** that most sell as a guttercam at a silly high price now. Also used a canon g7 by hand or stuck on a pole that eventually packed up and a couple of other cameras too.

A lot of jobs I found I still had to get my ladders off the van and still do where a guttervac is no good for one reason or another.

Now lets see how long the gopro will lasts me /emoticons/biggrin.png

I would say to anyone thinking of getting a gopro is to also get the bacpac screen too as is very handy to have when you want to playback a vid or show pics to customers and next door on shared gutter runs./emoticons/wink.png

With a gopro that has wireless built in you can use the gopro app on your phone to connect to it with the wifi on the gopro switched on. Thus you can view what the camera lens sees on your phone etc. However all pics & vids are stored on the micro sim card in the gopro. To show pics or vids on your phone with the camera switched off you have to first download them using the wireless connection onto your phone memory using the gopro app to do this. Hence why to keep it simple I think it's handy to use a bacpac screen aswell.

I've not used it on a job wireless yet but I gather from what has been mentioned on youtube vid with wireless switched on the gopro it can drain the battery quite quickly. When I get the right clamp for me guttervac pole to be able to do jobs in real time I will then find out how long a battery will last.

I will be carrying extra batteries and a charger that you have to buy separately. Then I will be able charge them up two at a time in the van aswell whilst being able to use the camera at the same time. Then is just a matter of quickly changing the battery over rather than having to plug in the lead that comes with it then have to what an hour or two before you can use the camera again.

Can you show them pictures from your phone instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the camera and attachments etc saved in my basket. I'm waiting on your findings smurf before I purchase

Why wait as you can use it in the bath too.... Well I did have to have a play but the missus sat in the bath at the time was not amused /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It worked great underwater but did put me off me dinner. Well actually she went mental so I had to make me own :laugh:

It works both ways you know @J D as I even had a note left me when I got in nagging me why I had left the conservatory door open when both cats were inside the house asleep....(no cat flap fitted yet nor will their be) /emoticons/biggrin.png

Mind you the inside door was locked for a change so at least I done something right :rofl:

I'm just looking at buying the gopro white edition at £200. I'll order the spare battery, gutter pole attachment etc. What ye think?

Darn it! Just read back on some posts and see the silver 10mp one is £200 in currys. I'll order it there........

Best shop around as i paid 199 squid for a gopro hero 3+ silver and that was not the cheapest either. I wanted to buy the black but currys had none left in stock./emoticons/sad.png

We posted at the same time /emoticons/biggrin.png

Darn it! Just read back on some posts and see the silver 10mp one is £200 in currys. I'll order it there........

It's £200 delivered at Amazon as well and the white edition is £17o delivered. I'll purchase there as Amazon are the greatest company ever to deal with.

I'm struggling to find a suitable waterproof case for my iphone 3gs that will fit a 51mm diameter guttervac pole /emoticons/sad.png

Latest Posts

Back