Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Has anyone been back to the gym yet?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The great thing is you ve started exercising.....the key is consistency(do 2 or 3 one hour workouts per week).....and diet obviously.....its very simple really....keep it up...its better than sitting on the couch most of the time.....

If your not working using WFP regularly then nothing will prepare you for the work,your body will adapt as you go along.....but the increased fitness from exercising regularly  will surely help a bit.....

Cheers. Interesting idea of getting a CLX to build muscles and gain control. I was going for a SLX22 as I was thinking lighter would give my arms and shoulders a bit less of a workout ? I'm not young (51) so maybe lightest will be best on the old shoulders ?.

Cheers for the advice it's much appreciated. 
A pole will not build muscle at all, it may keep u fit yes... to build muscle u need to eat the right foods and train each specific muscle hard

A pole will not build muscle at all, it may keep u fit yes... to build muscle u need to eat the right foods and train each specific muscle hard
Depends what you’re classify as building muscle. Are you going to ripped like a body builder, no. Are the muscles you use day in/day out going to adapt to deal with the new demands you put on them? Without question. Just like it would in any other physical job you do. 

The best thing you can do to physically adapt to use WFP is use WFP. If you want to get stronger, good form, low reps, heavy weights. If you’re not fussed about tracking macros, just take a couple of protein shakes on top of what you’d usually eat and you can gorge on anything you want and have good strength gains in a small period of time as a newbie. The first 12 weeks you can see a huge improvement. 

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish. I eat any old rubbish, drink 50 times the advised alcohol levels. Haven't done any weights for 30+ years and struggle to get short sleeve shirts that fit over my arms.

A friend of mine, that did massive steroids and ran the field gun for many years, noticed the prominent veins and said they're similar to what weightlifters get.

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish. I eat any old rubbish, drink 50 times the advised alcohol levels. Haven't done any weights for 30+ years and struggle to get short sleeve shirts that fit over my arms.

A friend of mine, that did massive steroids and ran the field gun for many years, noticed the prominent veins and said they're similar to what weightlifters get.
Exactly.

I do go to the gym but the job keeps me in shape also.

As ct fletcher says "just pick ?up."

Don't matter what it is or how heavy it will still have an effect on your body.

Straining with a pole at 30ft trying to clean at an awkward angle over a conny roof for example will definitely build muscle which is how the job gets easier with time.

Exactly.

I do go to the gym but the job keeps me in shape also.

As ct fletcher says "just pick ?up."

Don't matter what it is or how heavy it will still have an effect on your body.

Straining with a pole at 30ft trying to clean at an awkward angle over a conny roof for example will definitely build muscle which is how the job gets easier with time.
Any repetition exercise will build muscle

Latest Posts

Back