Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have I killed my RO

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cornishcraig

Ok so a stupid mistake, I have an EZ pure twin room system.

All running fine until I put my RO away in the shed and took off the inlet and Di outlet john guest tubes.

When using again I got it back out and accidentally put the inlet hose into the Di output and let it run to fill my tank.

So it's been in reverse action if that makes sense.

So my readings now discovering my mistake and putting it correctly again are now 210ppm. Which is way off the scale usually comes out at 65ppm. ( New RO membranes fitted last month)

If I flush it through the waste valve will that help? Or are they knackered now?

You can try it all depends how long you ran it for. What happens is it splits the sheets open and blocks the membrane when this is done.

Hopefully you noticed it time before this happened.

Yeah ran it for 4 hours, taken them out they feel very squishy? 

I guess there duff now then what a mistake only bought them last month £420 down the pan!

Ok an update if anyone is interested,

My taps water is 318ppm

Running now through the ro and now getting 150ppm unpolished.

Is that ok? 

Would any new prefilters  make any difference? 

I'm not off mains water but borehole water so as far as I know no chemicals have been added to it.

Ok an update if anyone is interested,

My taps water is 318ppm

Running now through the ro and now getting 150ppm unpolished.

Is that ok? No its not. Your ppm from the r/o should be between 7 and 9ppm.

Would any new prefilters  make any difference?  No

I'm not off mains water but borehole water so as far as I know no chemicals have been added to it.

If no chlorine is added to the water then you don't need the carbon block filter. However, I would definitely ensure I had a sediment filter fitted so protect the membranes.

If no chlorine is added to the water then you don't need the carbon block filter. However, I would definitely ensure I had a sediment filter fitted so protect the membranes.
Thanks I'll start saving for a new RO system.

Any recommendations?

Mine is Ez Pure twin ro, and is good but filters are very costly and getting the right pressure can be a pain.

Thanks I'll start saving for a new RO system.
Any recommendations?
Mine is Ez Pure twin ro, and is good but filters are very costly and getting the right pressure can be a pain.
May be wrong, and Spruce will correct me I'm sure. But you should only need to replace the membranes? The rest is essentially tubes and containers so you don't need a whole new ro [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back