Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heater failed to fire up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Pulling my hair out today trying to wonder why my heater wouldn't fire up. The light code came up with low battery power. Then it struck me I had flung stuff about putting in my PW to clean a driveway. Took cover off battery and negative for battery charger had come off. I thought the charger would recognise this and not show any volts but it doesn't. I fitted it back on but I need a stronger connection or a jubilee clip to hold inplace. Any ideas most welcome, TIA.

Pulling my hair out today trying to wonder why my heater wouldn't fire up. The light code came up with low battery power. Then it struck me I had flung stuff about putting in my PW to clean a driveway. Took cover off battery and negative for battery charger had come off. I thought the charger would recognise this and not show any volts but it doesn't. I fitted it back on but I need a stronger connection or a jubilee clip to hold inplace. Any ideas most welcome, TIA.
Put a ring crimp on it and attach to the battery clamp. Do both terminals as next time if could be the +ve that falls off! Maybe even see it as an opportunity to check all your power connections are tight and clean.

Put a ring crimp on it and attach to the battery clamp. Do both terminals as next time if could be the +ve that falls off! Maybe even see it as an opportunity to check all your power connections are tight and clean.
Just bought a £30 crimping tool and connections. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise, should have done it a year ago. ???

Can’t wait to get my new heater looking like June quote from streamline £6500 all in £1500 more than all the others but it’s local so can pop it in as and when for service repair ect

Can’t wait to get my new heater looking like June quote from streamline £6500 all in £1500 more than all the others but it’s local so can pop it in as and when for service repair ect
Makes perfect sense. Once you are used to hot then its hard to revert back to cold. It can become Psychological because one has always ran with hot water.

I’m already hot mate just use gas set up but gas become hard to get no stock ?
That's a blessing in disguise. Don't want to come back to a van blown up from inside. Every week I read about a gas explosion in a house. Rarely happened when gas was cheap but now expensive and folk think its easy to bypass meter or fiddle it. Insurance will probably not pay out so it becomes an expensive nightmare, happened up here, guy lost his house and got charged into the bargain.

mine packed up a couple of weeks ago, its a 5kw one and instead of stripping it down as i suspected the burner assembly is goosed also, there was a slight bit of water coming from the exhaust indicating a possible cracked of leaking water jacket i bought a used complete heater from ebay which came off a bmw x3, thinking correctly that it will probably have never been used in anger and for £45 including delivery it was a viable option as it was cheaper than a set of gaskets it took nearly two hours to swap the heaters circuit board over and install and the end result is a fully working heater again.

Back