Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help on starting up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi yeh can see there a cheaper route or an expensive route , my mum nagged me to ask on here as she said that her friend knows a window cleaner who does alright apparently but not that in Basingstoke 

cheers for some of the helpful comments I’m gonna look into it mor   but Part timer definitely don’t need life advice from a  part timer  window cleaner like you lol

I dont think you are doing yourself any favours insulting some of the most experienced business owners on this Forum , the reason some work part time is because they choose to and have other buisness  interests as well or they earn enough to work part time , that’s there choice . You come on hear asking for advice thinking that you are going to earn big money for little investment and that money grows on trees well my friend you are going to be very disappointed , many on hear do earn a very good living from window cleaning but have been doing it many years and are very experienced at what they do and are now reaping there reward for many years hard graft , I don’t think you would be suited to dealing with customers the way you have reacted to advice on hear , you would not keep them very long , maybe best to look at another source of income . I think you would be well suited to working on the stock exchange., easy money for  little work ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi yeah that extra long reach cleaner brush from eBay was rubbish  I decided to buy a second hand back pack and 22 pole instead ,

after a few months of practicing on my mums flat and on sum mates places I managed to get a few customers on in my diary !! I was wrong it is hard work lol

I share the car with my mum so can be tricky sometimes booking in work but I’m saving for a car or small van 

I have been the window cleaning game now for nearly 20 years. And I can tell you this right now, window cleaning is not an easy business to be in. 

It's going to take you at least 3 or 4 years to earn any decent living from it, and when I mean decent living I mean making ends meet both with the business and your personal funds. 

Your attitude shows me that you will fail. You show no respect to the much more experienced players on this forum. Many people see window cleaners working, charging x amount per house, bashing through one house after the other, and do some silly maths calculation in their head and think they will make a fortune in months. 

The reality is you will struggle, the weather will get you down, your body will ache, and you will have to start with the time waster customers no one else wants.

You really have to want to make it, and in the short term I can think of several other jobs that would be better paid, better conditions and offer more security over the forthcoming 6 years. 

Don't knock those who have stuck in the business, I myself have been through several dozen pain barriers with this business and am now staring to make some serious money, but it's taken 18 years..

So show some respect. 

Apw1210 said:
I woke up this morning at 3am, left home at 0330hrs, drove to Dorest from Devon and waved my brush on a stick there for two hours. Then drove to Budleigh Salterton and waved my brush on a stick around a few windows and then drove to Bridgewater and waved my brush on a stick around a large warehouse for 3 hours, drove 192.7 miles and 4hrs 44 mins of just driving to get home at 1847hrs this evening 

My brushes and sticks cost me approximately £2232.00

Hoses, fittings and reels approximately £650 

Pure water processing 2x Unger hydropowers including resin, van tank, 25L barrels 2x new IBC's DI's

Pre filters and interconnecting hoses and fittings approximately £3500.00 

Water fed pump trolley self build £169.75 

Vehicle, tax, insurance, pli, advertising, stationary, endless.... 

Us window cleaners are highly skilled hard working stick wagglers 

Screenshot_20200202-160938_Maps.jpg

I used to drive explosives across Iraq, Kosovo and Afghanistan to keep your cosy lifestyle safe, don't mock ex serviceman. PTSD depression and anxiety ... you got it easy haven't you ..

200.gif

Hi yeah that extra long reach cleaner brush from eBay was rubbish  I decided to buy a second hand back pack and 22 pole instead ,

after a few months of practicing on my mums flat and on sum mates places I managed to get a few customers on in my diary !! I was wrong it is hard work lol

I share the car with my mum so can be tricky sometimes booking in work but I’m saving for a car or small van 
Oh please tell me you actually bought that eBay brush ?? 

Back