Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help to price this up please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cammy2010

Hello i have just cleaned the windows on this property and they now want a price for the guttering to be cleared out and fascias, guttering to be washed down .. The house has a full strip to the side and back and half the one side also what you can see on the picture is the front. Sorry for not alot of details... Any help would be appreciated 

Screenshot_20190925_123927_com.whatsapp.jpg

I'm sorry I can't be much help but I'll make a start and hopefully others will chip in with sound advice. My price for gutter emptying would be £3 per metre on a two level property. However, that's a three level house, so it will require a longer ladder, more effort, and higher risk. I don't do three storey empties but if I did I think I'd be looking for not less than £4 a metre. 

The soap wash will be not just the gutter, fascias and soffits but all the windows, etc below which will have dirty water running down onto them and need to be priced accordingly, especially given the height of the gutters etc and the extra effort involved, over a two level property. The garage door is easy to price £8 as it's a double, would be £5 for a single. That's a start from my perspective. I will say, try not to underprice. 

Best of luck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To vac out all guttering £120-150 

To clean all gfs £150 -180 

picture isn’t that clear but that’s a ball park figure I would be looking at 

I'm sorry I can't be much help but I'll make a start and hopefully others will chip in with sound advice. My price for gutter emptying would be £3 per metre on a two level property. However, that's a three level house, so it will require a longer ladder, more effort, and higher risk. I don't do three storey empties but if I did I think I'd be looking for not less than £4 a metre. 

The soap wash will be not just the gutter, fascias and soffits but all the windows, etc below which will have dirty water running down onto them. The garage door is easy to price £8 as it's a double, would be £5 for a single. That's a start from my perspective. I will say, try not to underprice. 

Best of luck. 

You don’t want to be getting up a ladder to do that job way to dangerous, 

From the picture you've posted and my experience of clearing gutters I would doubt there was very much in the gutters. This is where cameras are helpful. Personally wouldn't touch it if I didn't have a gutter vac that reached the front elevation, it does however look like it's only 2 floors round the sides and back. 

I would also be worried if the fascia was particularly dirty that by washing them you'd end up with dirty water running down the render, which you would have to wash off. Basically if you've got a gutter vac that reached and wanted the job I'd want minimum a full day rate.

To vac out all guttering £120-150 

To clean all gfs £150 -180 

picture isn’t that clear but that’s a ball park figure I would be looking at 

You don’t want to be getting up a ladder to do that job way to dangerous, 
Like I said, I made a start. I don't have a gutter vac. It's one of the few pieces of kit I don't have. Most of my work is two storey and I'm happy to use a ladder for empties at that height.  I don't feel it's worth the expense of gutter vac to me at this time. I wouldn't be going up a ladder to third level height either. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
£3p mt gutter vacuuming

£6.50 mt vacuum + clean

DO NOT attempt this from a ladder youll break your neck

Looks to me like theyre gonna be close to empty anyway, id be suprised if the vacuuming took longer than 1/2hr start to finish.

Back