Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

heres my diy wfp trolley system!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

well got my remote in the post today and fitted it and somehow i must have ordered the wrong one as this one only works for as long as i hold the button down lol, oh well fiver wasted, best get anouther ordered!
Not to sound daft is it wired backwards

great job cheshire , you saved a load of cash , will you let me know how you get on with the pump and battery as they were very cheap and hopefully they stand up to the job

will do mr shine although i wont be using on every job as most of my current work trad but will be trying to convert them!

willow tree cleaning i still not bought a charger yet but think im going with these bits-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321259980738?var=510186971191&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121172755148?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

thats the charger and plug in terminals too!

and newbie cleaner, definately wired in right its either faulty or i purchased the wrong remote as it only works when i hold the remote button pressed and stops when i release it!,gonna order anouther from elsewhere

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
hi mate, i ordered 8mm hose as thats what fits onto the pump in the control box then im just gonna fit a 8mm connector and maybe 6mm pole hose with a 6mm connector, you can buy a mix set on ebay for £7.

heres the hose i bought next day postage but iohad to contact him about doing me a 30mtr role for £30http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-BEST-Reinforced-8mm-x-100mtr-RED-Microbore-Minibore-WFP-Water-Fed-Pole-hose-/151178674060?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item2332f37f8c

if you get stuck with anything let me know like wiring ect and i'll try and guide you through it!

Cheers Cheshire might keep you to that. Got my 20foot pole today, only an old secondhand one but only cost £15 quid so that's another box ticked, also found a place in Basildon that does water for 50p per 25ltr so may delay ro system til I'm up and running.

sounds cool pal, whats the pole you got?

wiring basically i went live from battery to fuse then to switch then to controller and on to pump with voltmeter conected into the switch line, earth wire from batt going to pump and controller and think i put it on switch as well to light it up.

still not got round to ordering the remote yet, did you get a remote switch pal?

Only a cheap Bayersan 20ft but it works ok and will be a good starter, and backup pole, looking for brush now either the Bayersan one on eBay or gardiner still not sure what one is a good all rounder.

remote coming from china, rest has almost all come, electric box coming Monday, then I can crack on with it, spoke to a couple of cleaners who said try camping shops for connectors so may pop in over holidays to check out the sales.

yeah why not, theyre cheap enough anyway from ebay or window cleaning shops though pal.

be carefull when cutting the box, i used my makita jigsaw with a pretty crappy blade and it managed to put a tiny crack in the box lol, cant wait to make anouther one next time though once ive got this up and running and earnt my money back as i want two so i got a back up and gonna buy a spare pump too!

next one will be alot more neater though, i sort of rushed this one and couldnt be bothered makes it look too neat.

think im gonna get a gardiners clx22 as a starter but im gonna pm mark m on facebook now actually as he said he was getting the first aquadaptor pole thats coming out today or next few days and he keeps raving on about it lol

So can I confirm one thing about the pump. If u have an aqua dapta or inline shutoff tap, does the pump stop automatically when the tap is turned off. If not will this harm the pump. Sorry for my ignorance lol.

no ignorance pal, ive been wondering this myself as the pump says cut off pressure 100 psi.

now ive not had chance to check mine yet by blocking pipe etc but not sure?, will let you know when ive tested it out!

if it doesnt i'll be using the remote so that will stop it working

Ok Barney after being sat in babysitting the kids with nothing in the box and no beers in the fridge I blocked the pipes off making sure they was jubilee clipped so no air leaks and turned the pump on, it seemed to get up to its max pressure then it sort of cut off by letting air out or something inside the pump unit?

It didn't leak any water out of pipes etc but just cut in and out of pressure but the motor kept working and didn't turn off so I think I'm definately gonna fit a remote so I can cut power to the pump!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181213454965?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

there u go dude, you can ge tthem in various colours and i think you can get them cheaper from the china sellers etc but i wanted quick uk postage, im still waiting for a bloody controller from china that i ordered weeks ago!

do you have a link to the remote you ordered as i double checked mine how it was wired up and its definately not working how i'd like it too so need to order anouther!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok Barney after being sat in babysitting the kids with nothing in the box and no beers in the fridge I blocked the pipes off making sure they was jubilee clipped so no air leaks and turned the pump on, it seemed to get up to its max pressure then it sort of cut off by letting air out or something inside the pump unit?It didn't leak any water out of pipes etc but just cut in and out of pressure but the motor kept working and didn't turn off so I think I'm definately gonna fit a remote so I can cut power to the pump!
Ok, thanks for the reply. I might just look more carefully at the pump I order, to see if it shuts off automatically.

cool let me know if you find one pal, as i wouldnt mind one that turns itself off rather than just cut the pressure or whatever it does when up to the max psi and carry on working rather than shutting down!

Back