Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

heres my diy wfp trolley system!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hi mate,yes its to turn the motor off, as when my pump reaches 100psi if i stop the flow it doesnt turn off, it seems to cut pressure somehow so if i fitted an aquadaptor etc the pump would still be operating!

Cleanz, mines nearly done, the cost will come in at around £170, would have been less but made a few errors with kit and tools needed along the way, I'm new to it all with basic knowledge and mines working fine now.

Plus if it breaks it's easy repair once you know how the inside works.

iv got loads off the on/off switches your talking about willowtreecleaning if you still want one il do it at £10 free postage iv got about 15 of them brand new left just sittng in cupboard from when i used to make the wireless controllers, the ones i got turn on and off with the touch of a button no need to hold the button down. its not the same ones that cheshire posted a link to their decent ones .....
How big are they midland, they need to fit into case of trolley, have you got a link or email me a pic at [email protected]

yes mate this is the one that you need ......http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1CH-RF-Wireless-Remote-Control-Transmitter-Receiver-/230662142602?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item35b488fa8a trust me i used make and sell these on ebay a while back and these are what i used to use in mine lik i say iv got about 15 of them in my cupboard brand and il do sell them 10 delivered ...... no wating from china the range on my ones are 100-200 metres tho no 30-100 as it says in this description, the size is smaller than the pwm controller your using for the flow controll so size should be a issue.

Cleanz, mines nearly done, the cost will come in at around £170, would have been less but made a few errors with kit and tools needed along the way, I'm new to it all with basic knowledge and mines working fine now.
Plus if it breaks it's easy repair once you know how the inside works.
That is an added bonus! Gonna get started on this asap, is there a step by step guide - I'm pretty bad at DIY anything....

I did look on Mark M's youtube where he lists the parts but I think all of his steps are just what he added rather than how he did it? Unless I'm missing something..

Midland cleaners can I order one of those remotes of you pal, I'm getting sick of waiting for my china one and I like the idea of more range!

Cleanz mark did a video with how to wire it up, the rest you can see where to place the bits in the box, to be honest it's really easy once you have all the bits in front of you, I found myself asking loads of questions and then once I had everything I got to work and it was a doddle!

iv got loads off the on/off switches your talking about willowtreecleaning if you still want one il do it at £10 free postage iv got about 15 of them brand new left just sittng in cupboard from when i used to make the wireless controllers, the ones i got turn on and off with the touch of a button no need to hold the button down. its not the same ones that cheshire posted a link to their decent ones .....
Hi Midlands. Does your offer include the remote control as well as the wireless unit?

Also I noticed in marks video he has installed an antenna. Do you need one with your unit?

By the way cheshire, my system is coming to completion also, I did buy a pump but 100psi 5lpm from same supplier as u, but i think i will have same problem as u did with pump not stopping. I guess thats what u get for £15.

Also Cleanz, I was worried like u about the wiring, but I followed Cheshire picture and it was very easy, got it right first time lol.

I'll keep u all posted when I get it fully tested with pure water.

Lol Brilliant, will deffo give it a go. Gonna start ordering stuff next week. Just one thing..What's do you mean about about the pump being on all time? Any way round this?

Hi Barney glad u got it, fairly simple wiring isn't it!!

Regarding the pump I've found if I have the flow controller about half way turned up which Is still a good flow and then stop the water from flowing, the pump actually slows right down to a stop!

Don't think its a great pump but it does a job, there must be cheapish pumps though with some sort of pressure switch which turns them off if you stop the flow!

Hi Midlands. Does your offer include the remote control as well as the wireless unit?Also I noticed in marks video he has installed an antenna. Do you need one with your unit?

By the way cheshire, my system is coming to completion also, I did buy a pump but 100psi 5lpm from same supplier as u, but i think i will have same problem as u did with pump not stopping. I guess thats what u get for £15.

Also Cleanz, I was worried like u about the wiring, but I followed Cheshire picture and it was very easy, got it right first time lol.

I'll keep u all posted when I get it fully tested with pure water.
hi yes they come with both transmitter and receiver (remote control) iv also got loads of antenna if you need one but to be honest you dont have to use them but it helps to get a longer range but to be honest if your building it for a trolley systems i personally wouldnt bother with a antenna as trolley systems dont have 100 meters of hose and these transmitter range 100-200 so i doubt very much youd go far enough away from the troller for it to go out of range but if do want one let me no i can also sort that as iv got lots of them aswell

Thanks for reply midlands. So if i leave trolly at font of house and go round back with 30m hose can the signal still reach through buildings without antenna?

If not how much for antenna?

Lol Brilliant, will deffo give it a go. Gonna start ordering stuff next week. Just one thing..What's do you mean about about the pump being on all time? Any way round this?
I think u will need a more expensive pump like the pro's use, but £70-100. This remote should allow u to switch the pump off completly, but still allow u to use the cheap pump.

How long the pumps will last is another question, lol.

Hi Barney glad u got it, fairly simple wiring isn't it!!Regarding the pump I've found if I have the flow controller about half way turned up which Is still a good flow and then stop the water from flowing, the pump actually slows right down to a stop!

Don't think its a great pump but it does a job, there must be cheapish pumps though with some sort of pressure switch which turns them off if you stop the flow!
Thats good to know. I haven't tested mine yet with hose and water, but if if put my finger over the in fl0w and block it, the pump dosn't stop on full flow, but like u say if I turn down the power switch, then it does slow to stop. I guess only a full system test with water flow will be usefull.

By the way, I am thinking of using 6mm inner diamiater hose (microbore). I notice u use 8mm (minibore). How u get on with that? and will ur pump take 6mm or only 8mm.

In that case I might have to get short supply of 8mm off pump and get a connector to 6mm hose.

Just another thought. Have u tried to adjust the screw at the bottom of the pump like alex suggested?

This might reduce the pressure switch.

Sorry but I'm not quite in a position to test this myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply midlands. So if i leave trolly at font of house and go round back with 30m hose can the signal still reach through buildings without antenna?If not how much for antenna?
yes will do 30 meters out of line of sight no problems, its range is 100-200 meter but becomes reduced ob van mounted systems because enclosed in back n metal van but on a trolley systems where the trolley is out in the open i wpersonally wouldnt deem i necessary but it you did want one i paid a couple of quid for em each obviously id hasve to post aswell so id charge around £5 delivered, which is cheaper than they sell for on ebay in the uk i think, im not sure how mark connected his aerial in his video as iv not watched it but i used solder mine which is a bit of a hasstle, the pumps your on about aswell iv got a few of them and had them on one of my old systems and in a backpac i used t use and in about a year and half of use iv only ever had 1 brek on me so they probably not as bad as you think

Back