Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi looking at starting up and advice.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all again

So I've just read another thread of a new guy who looks like he will be getting a van. And I've seen that hes been advised on a minimum 500 litre tank. As I have stated earlier that I will be using my car (new shape clio) with seats down how am I meant to best carry water around? 
When you get enough of a round, Unless your planning on future proofing from the get go, you'll want a van mate but starting out a lot of people use 25l drums...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're using ladders and only using WFP equipment for the awkward windows a backpack and 2 x 25l drums, stored in footwell and behind seats, should be enough to last you a while.
Thank you for the reply. So the 2x25l drums is this what I would use for the traditional way of doing it and then keep say another 2x25l drums of purified water for wfp? 

Thank you

Thank you for the reply. So the 2x25l drums is this what I would use for the traditional way of doing it and then keep say another 2x25l drums of purified water for wfp? 

Thank you
You don’t need to use purified water for trad use but can if you want , a back pack and 2-3 25 ltr drums will do you for a few difficult windows with a pole . In an ideal world you would have a van and system but as I said in a previous post if funds are tight use the car and go trad for a bit then try and put some money aside each week to get a van and system when you can afford it . 

You don’t need to use purified water for trad use but can if you want , a back pack and 2-3 25 ltr drums will do you for a few difficult windows with a pole . In an ideal world you would have a van and system but as I said in a previous post if funds are tight use the car and go trad for a bit then try and put some money aside each week to get a van and system when you can afford it . 
Ok so about to pull the trigger. Going to order the Gardiner v3 backpack, what else do I need to go with it any recommendation on a reasonably priced pole and do I need any connections with it or will it all come with it? Also I got told that for the wfp system that purified water was a must? 

Thank you

Look on youtube at Christopher dawber (wagga) channel.

He shows how to work traditional and wfp and actuall works that way normally.

Wfp tops trad bottoms  

He has loads of tips to get you started.

Ok so about to pull the trigger. Going to order the Gardiner v3 backpack, what else do I need to go with it any recommendation on a reasonably priced pole and do I need any connections with it or will it all come with it? Also I got told that for the wfp system that purified water was a must? 

Thank you
Why are you trying to do wfp and traditional? Just be good at cleaning windows for a good price without any gimmicks. If you do a good job the customers will be lining up! 

Thank you
It’s easier for you to phone Gardiners leave a message they will ring you back , tell them what you want to do and they will advise you they won’t try and sell you expensive stuff you don’t need they are a good honest company to deal with @Alex Gardiner, I think they might be out of stock on the back packs at the moment ??? Pole wise a clx or slx will do you fine ,length will depend on the type and height of property you will be Cleaning . 

You need to know your waters TDS before we can give advice on filtration order a TDS meter at the same time as you will need one any way 

It’s easier for you to phone Gardiners leave a message they will ring you back , tell them what you want to do and they will advise you they won’t try and sell you expensive stuff you don’t need they are a good honest company to deal with @Alex Gardiner, I think they might be out of stock on the back packs at the moment ??? Pole wise a clx or slx will do you fine ,length will depend on the type and height of property you will be Cleaning . 

You need to know your waters TDS before we can give advice on filtration order a TDS meter at the same time as you will need one any way 
Hi yes gardiners website is out of stock however grippatank is the only place that seems to have them in. And for next day delivery. Want to try and start practicing on my house this weekend. Also I would prefer not to be going up and down ladders every house so like the idea of bucket and water for bottoms and then backpack and pole for tops. 

So going to order the Gardiner backpack v3 and the Gardiner clx18 pole. Do I need to get any special connections for the pole to back pack? Just dont want to buy and the  it arrive and cant use it to practice with. 

So going to order the Gardiner backpack v3 and the Gardiner clx18 pole. Do I need to get any special connections for the pole to back pack? Just dont want to buy and the  it arrive and cant use it to practice with. 
Think i started off with the ezsnap connectors, but changed over to slick connect as have been so much better for me as a connector. various of the companies will sell them, soap national, maybe wintecs etc. Phone them and explain what you're getting and want the connector to fit.

Just make sure you have the same connector-type for your backpack as for your pole. I have a hozelock type fitting on my Gardiner backpack, I imagine you can get EZ snap as well. I'm sure Gardiners will talk you through all this...

As others have said use ezy snap fittings the back pack will probably come with the email fitting and the pole hose will come with the male fitting , but it might lay ti have a bit of extra pole hose tk put from the back pack to the pole si you have some spare hose si you don’t have to move the back pack as much if that makes sense , if si you will need an extra couple of fittings 

As others have said use ezy snap fittings the back pack will probably come with the email fitting and the pole hose will come with the male fitting , but it might lay ti have a bit of extra pole hose tk put from the back pack to the pole si you have some spare hose si you don’t have to move the back pack as much if that makes sense , if si you will need an extra couple of fittings 
These are the options for the backpack to come with. And the clx pole does not have any options.

Screenshot_20200527-210821_Chrome.jpg

Hi all

So hopefully getting the gardiner backpack tommorrow and clx22. Designed a logo and just spent the evening designing a flyer with my wife which we now have 500 coming on tuesday. Set up an email adress and Facebook page (not sure whether a full website is needed now days?) .

Can anyone point me in a directions of what would be a good starter kit for the traditional starter kit please? And hopefully by middle of next week I'll be able to go out and start flyering after having a few days practicing and watching videos ?

Ok just ordered that. So I now have, gardiner backpack with clx 22 pole, the winters ergotec kit, 500 flyers, facebook page and just orders a work top with logo on for £40 ?, but want to look professional when flyering in and doing the windows. Is there anything I'm missing to start practicing and moving this all forward to a real source of income? 
Not crucial, but maybe a smart pair of black cargo/work trousers, though its shorts weather now admittedly. And a positive mental attitude.

Back