Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi looking at starting up and advice.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all again, one more question, I'm sure this thread will be 15 pages long by end of the year!

What is the best solution to put in bucket for traditional method? Water and??? . Also when I was younger the window cleaner used to knock on our door and ask for a bucket of hot water? I'm guessing this isn't needed as how would I be able to keep hot water with me all day and these days think people would frown on being asked to fill a bucket up .

Thanks

Hi all again, one more question, I'm sure this thread will be 15 pages long by end of the year!

What is the best solution to put in bucket for traditional method? Water and??? . Also when I was younger the window cleaner used to knock on our door and ask for a bucket of hot water? I'm guessing this isn't needed as how would I be able to keep hot water with me all day and these days think people would frown on being asked to fill a bucket up .

Thanks
Normal tapwater or even better pure and a squirt of washing up liquid. 

If you want to have even better results b&q sell hg interior glass cleaner but if you read the bottle it says can be used outside also but is the exact chemical makeup as squeegee off which is made by their company and branded differently and is a great exterior window cleaning soap.

£3.75 for 500ml I think from memory but I got mine for 2 quid a bottle on offer.

Look for the buckets and cleaning chems and it's on the shelf there.

That's why we always advise newbies to use the search bar. All the information you need is already on here.
Every question asked on this thread has been covered in depth previously. 

A lot easier to have a bit of a search.

No disrespect, but the search bar is rubbish.

i know you guys like to point people in that direction for ease, but it really does not work very well. 
Agree massively. I have used th search bar plenty of times and to be honest alot easier just to ask the question and get a reply then searching for a word that could be brought up in 100 different threads on about 100 different things. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you searched for do I need insurance, if you take your question out the 2nd answer mentions liability insurance.
sometime also sometimes the answers are not a relevant anymore if the original post was from a while a go. I'm sure I read somewhere on this forum that Public liability used to be a must with all the ladder work but now with it being 99% pole work it is not needed as badly. ?‍♂️

sometime also sometimes the answers are not a relevant anymore if the original post was from a while a go. I'm sure I read somewhere on this forum that Public liability used to be a must with all the ladder work but now with it being 99% pole work it is not needed as badly. ?‍♂️
Did you read it on this forum? Public liability is necessary because of the type of work you’re doing.Whether using a pole or ladder that isn’t going to change. If someone trips over your hose or you damage someone’s property, you’ll be glad you have it. 

But though, of course its highly recommended, having the public liability insurance is not a legal requirement.

Hi, I'm currently running my own Oven cleaning business for the last 5 years but as you can imagine business has suffered terribly in the current climate. 

I'm thinking about starting to offer a window cleaning option. 

As a new starter, I've researched the X-line 25litre/45 litre trolley and also looked at the Gardiner back pack(Trolley) offering. 

Any advice on either or a further option would be appreciated. 

Also would you recommend the 200GDP Pure water filtration system. 

Thank you for your help.. 

No disrespect, but the search bar is rubbish.

i know you guys like to point people in that direction for ease, but it really does not work very well. 
When I started six years ago, I found all the information I needed. Some from asking an experienced friend. Some from asking the equipment supplier. Some from browsing another forum which I have never contributed to as I found a lot of the members to be largely unfriendly and argumentative with each other. That doesn't interest me, I like intelligent conversation and a bit of a good natured chuckle.

An awful lot of help and information when I was starting out, I got from this forum. I still do, though now I've gained some experience and am able to put something back.

I don't remember ever asking a question on the forum. I probably did ask some things but for sure pretty much everything we need to know is in here to be found. It may take a little effort.

To say "No disrespect" and then call the search bar,"rubbish" , is just not right and is doing an injustice to the good folk who provide and moderate this forum for us.

Most of us regular users are happy to answer questions and give advice but it's not a baby sitting service, we're all busy trying to earn a living.

We all have to make an effort for ourselves as well, to find the information that we need. If folk can't immediately find out what they want using the search bar, try using different but associated words. If no luck with the search bar, it's no big deal to ask for help or advice.

By all means anyone can ask questions. They'll probably get a miriad of different answers as there are as many opinions as there are people. We just have to pick out what we think is the best advice for our situation.

Onwards and upwards, we're all on the same side. ⚓?

There is a chap in an earlier post asking the same information as you. This is asked so many times. so take a look at his post. 
first thing find out what your TDS is, then you will know if you need just a DI or RO system, once you have this info then consider other things. 
Gardiners all the way for everything water fed pole related. 

i never had any PLI when i started off....it was a few years before i got any....its not very expensive....(around £80 a year for standard 1 million cover)...now its crucial for a few commercial jobs i clean......

theres no law saying you need it for cleaning domestic properties but for the sake of £80 its worth getting.....

Hi everyone - as you probably guessed from my username, my name's Nathan. I'm here on the forum for two reasons: the first is that I'm looking into starting a water-fed pole window cleaning business in the medium-term and will likely need all the help I can get to get it started. The second reason is that I've just launched a web app aimed at window cleaners and would want feedback on this in the future (I won't post the link because I really am here to learn, not to spam). I look forward to speaking with everyone!

Back