Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Homemade alternative to backpack.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beccy you could fit a small tap on your hose which you can use to control the flow. I use them on all my hoses to control the flow.

Beccy you could fit a small tap on your hose which you can use to control the flow. I use them on all my hoses to control the flow.
That's an interesting idea, I'll get the thing built and see how it goes, if I get on with it fine, then that's fab, if not I'll try one of these ideas /emoticons/biggrin.png

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed whilst entertaining a toddler /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hi all

Thanks Jimmy, I have ordered the gear, making the pump box up purely to clean my own windows at the moment!

Great post - cheers!

Trying to build the system, however can't source the water pump elbows! Anyone got a link so I can purchase some please?

Ok.....You have a 10mm inlet and outlet there, so heat up your hose that you put on with hot water and ease the hose over the joints then put on jubilee clips. Make sure they are tight as you have 100psi there before the pressure switch will cut out.

Ok.....You have a 10mm inlet and outlet there, so heat up your hose that you put on with hot water and ease the hose over the joints then put on jubilee clips. Make sure they are tight as you have 100psi there before the pressure switch will cut out.
Couldn't get my 6 mm hose over the pump inlet outlets with any amount of heating, so I had to order some 8mm hose, hopefully that will stretch over the pump nozzles

Hey Jimmyboots, trying to get my trolley system based on this built (in between changing nappies and moving house lol) and have a couple of quick questions...

1. It looks like to fit the switch I need to cut a very precise, small rectangular hole in the box. How do I do that? I've got a fairly good tool kit but can't think of anything that will to that /emoticons/unsure.png

2. Have you got a fuse wired in there somewhere? I can't see one. Do I need one?

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png can't wait to get this up and running /emoticons/biggrin.png

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed whilst entertaining a toddler /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hey Jimmyboots, trying to get my trolley system based on this built (in between changing nappies and moving house lol) and have a couple of quick questions...
1. It looks like to fit the switch I need to cut a very precise, small rectangular hole in the box. How do I do that? I've got a fairly good tool kit but can't think of anything that will to that /emoticons/unsure.png

2. Have you got a fuse wired in there somewhere? I can't see one. Do I need one?

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png can't wait to get this up and running /emoticons/biggrin.png

Drill several round holes and file off the tags in between in order to make a rectangular hole.

I used a toggle switch which just needs a round hole drilled

I also fitted an inline 12 amp fuse

Jimmy boots is the inventor, so he might be able to elaborate /emoticons/smile.png

Back