Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Homemade alternative to backpack.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'll try that, thanks /emoticons/smile.png

Just looked at the pump and it says "4 amp fuse required", presumably I need some sort of fuse holder to wire in?

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed whilst entertaining a toddler /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'll try that, thanks /emoticons/smile.png
Just looked at the pump and it says "4 amp fuse required", presumably I need some sort of fuse holder to wire in?

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed whilst entertaining a toddler /emoticons/biggrin.png
Bought my fuse holder from maplins in the 12 volt automotive section

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazing, thanks /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks Jimmyboots /emoticons/smile.png

I've ordered a fuse holder that takes car fuses. Presumably it goes on the live between the battery and pump?

Made good progress on this today.... All holes drilled, rectangular hole for switch cut, battery secure, pump secure and switch and charger socket fitted.

Hopefully wire and connectors will arrive tomorrow /emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't know if this is a stupid question, but how do I know which way to wire the charger and socket?

ujerazeg.jpg

Do I just stick live on the longer bits and neutral on the short bits? Or the other way round? Or something totally different?

Thanks, fingers crossed!

I'm having an "if I don't laugh I'll cry moment"....

So I finished it. Feeling very proud of myself and a little nervous to try it. Check it all. Double check it all. Deep breath. And switch it on. Pump starts and............. blows bubbles in my barrel lol. What a muppet!

Just trying to figure out a way of switching the hoses without having to undo all the fiddly wiring bits!

I'm having an "if I don't laugh I'll cry moment"....
So I finished it. Feeling very proud of myself and a little nervous to try it. Check it all. Double check it all. Deep breath. And switch it on. Pump starts and............. blows bubbles in my barrel lol. What a muppet!

Just trying to figure out a way of switching the hoses without having to undo all the fiddly wiring bits!

Same thing happens to me in the bath.

Maybe easier to disconnect the hoses on the pump then turn the pump around so the flow is correct

Doh! Or thinking about it just swap the hoses over /emoticons/biggrin.png
The barrel hose was much shorter than the pole hose so I had to swap them /emoticons/sad.png

It's all done now though /emoticons/smile.png

Tadaaaa!

vane5y2a.jpg

guhe4y2y.jpg

7u2apute.jpg

qygugypu.jpg

Back