Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water Systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All the 3 types of brush bristle Polyester, Nylon & Boars brushes are suitable for heated water. It’s the use of the brush that causes the wear.

You don’t always need to do the final rinse with; considering you may be cleaning over 3,000 panes of glass each week that time saving alone is considerable.

As I mentioned before heated water and a detergent both have there use and both have huge benefits over ambient temperature water. If you think you need it for every customer on your round each time you service them, then you switch it on. I just know it would take me longer to clean each pane of glass.

Having heated water is a benefit; even just for the marketing it can win you work.

Richard
well theres your answer right there on why you get spotting and have problems with getting good results,

maybe you try thinking about quality not quantity to do as much as possible in a sort amount of time,

people that cut corners to save time like that give wfp a bad name with customers,

it takes you longer because you are not used to it and dont trust it, like i said when starting to use hot water its like starting wfp all over again.

with me i find that u i use a little less water using hot than i do when i was cold! due to it being quicker to use when scrubbing so you are actually scrubbing less! this alone saves time!

its not about how many you can do in the shortest amount of time. its about the quility of the service!

when you use it daily with other makes of brush, instead of just testing it out for a few minutes with just your brushes then you know more about it, and the good results that it gives, and the time it can save you!

well theres your answer right there on why you get spotting and have problems with getting good results,

maybe you try thinking about quality not quantity to do as much as possible in a sort amount of time,

people that cut corners to save time like that give wfp a bad name with customers,

it takes you longer because you are not used to it and dont trust it, like i said when starting to use hot water its like starting wfp all over again.

with me i find that u i use a little less water using hot than i do when i was cold! due to it being quicker to use when scrubbing so you are actually scrubbing less! this alone saves time!

its not about how many you can do in the shortest amount of time. its about the quility of the service!

when you use it daily with other makes of brush, instead of just testing it out for a few minutes with just your brushes then you know more about it, and the good results that it gives, and the time it can save you!
I don’t get spotting; I can clean windows without needing to do the final rinse on all the windows. You can as well.

Testing all brushes is a continual process; R&D for Tecbuk brushes was over a year not a few minutes.

Richard

I don’t get spotting; I can clean windows without needing to do the final rinse on all the windows. You can as well.

Testing all brushes is a continual process; R&D for Tecbuk brushes was over a year not a few minutes.

Richard
you can but not good practice!i didnt mean that you only have tested your burshes for a few minutes,

u said you only tested brushes with hot water. so you not used hot water with them 5/6 full days a week over that year??

i've been using hot water over the past 6 months now 5-6 days a week, weather permitting. so when you use it day in day out you know how to do it right,

Cheers RC....

I've managed to get my old L5 down to 25 on the digital controller by turning that screw almost all the way out so the heater fires up and stays on each time I turn the pole tap on (connected to 100 m hose reel). Also the gas setting is very low just past the min setting so will save me not only pure water but gas too.

Only concerns with that L5 over the years as I mention when you got yours RC was lack of low flow and temp control when washing glass also not being vented. Still feel it's quite pants to be honest for window cleaning but will now see how it goes for the odd filthy jobs I need it for.

By the way chaps most stopped using L5's even modified ones at least 2 years ago when a better one became available. For some strange reason the heater was nicknamed the "fogwash" after Peter Fogwell started selling them. Everybody was raving how great they were as the flow and temp control was much better than the L5. Unfortunately for some reason Peter stopped selling them before I decided to get one.

Anyway enough of my ramblings :Image3:

screw it! lol :Image3:

if you turn it quarter turn it clockwise then try it on a low setting and see if it turns on, and repeat till it dont turn on, then thats when its gone to far for it to work, then turn it back anticlockwise to get it to work turning on again.

you can but not good practice!

i didnt mean that you only have tested your burshes for a few minutes,

u said you only tested brushes with hot water. so you not used hot water with them 5/6 full days a week over that year??

i've been using hot water over the past 6 months now 5-6 days a week, weather permitting. so when you use it day in day out you know how to do it right,
Heated water or colder water both clean, I’m just saying you don’t need heated water for every job, and cooler water is quicker because of its surface tension compared to warmer water, dirt isn’t dissolved as quickly in cooler water, or as much, and the dirt is washed away faster.

The only people I hear who use there hot wfp system all the time is window cleaners on forums, probably because they read someone else does it and they just copy the cleaning method, thats bad practice.

Do a few basic test of your own, if you do the test right you won’t be using hot water all the time. With good brush you can clean a 17” x 35” pane of glass in less than 3 seconds no rinsing and no spotting, I can and I do it everyday.

Richard

Now there is a challenge for the couple of chaps that have got your brush on this forum. Lets see how good they are to try beat or match your claim to fame Richard.

Come on chaps find a 17” x 35” pane of glass and clean it in less than 3 seconds. No rinsing mind and then tell us if you get any spotting or not.

You can use hot or cold pure water and needless to say I will be well impressed if you can....

Heated water or colder water both clean, I’m just saying you don’t need heated water for every job, and cooler water is quicker because of its surface tension compared to warmer water, dirt isn’t dissolved as quickly in cooler water, or as much, and the dirt is washed away faster.

The only people I hear who use there hot wfp system all the time is window cleaners on forums, probably because they read someone else does it and they just copy the cleaning method, thats bad practice.

Do a few basic test of your own, if you do the test right you won’t be using hot water all the time. With good brush you can clean a 17” x 35” pane of glass in less than 3 seconds no rinsing and no spotting, I can and I do it everyday.

Richard

Heated water or colder water both clean' date=' I’m just saying you don’t need heated water for every job, and cooler water is quicker because of its surface tension compared to warmer water, dirt isn’t dissolved as quickly in cooler water, or as much, and the dirt is washed away faster.[/font'] 

Richard

I am called Hotwash window cleaners, why would I want to be called cold wash window cleaners and use cold. If I had a 17" brush it would be 1 second. I actually have lots of windows in my house that are the exact size. Your still missing the point. Spots are caused by impurities not hot or cold.

Being as you are so argumentative over something you are so so wrong about I am sure I won't be doing business with your company as if I had a problem with your equipment I think you would just argue pointlessly.

Back to the window probably 1 second with no rinse. I will do a video clip soon and show you. Maybe 1.5 seconds.

Anyhow I just cleaned my own windows with hot (50 c at the jets) and guess what?
i bet you got loads of spots because u used hot water, and i bet it took you twice as long to do the job,

should of used cold water! :Image13:

you have a very clean and sparkling window! due to how quick and how good hot water is! lol

L5 heater blow up! lol

you got 3rd deg burns on your hands?

I am called Hotwash window cleaners, why would I want to be called cold wash window cleaners and use cold. If I had a 17" brush it would be 1 second. I actually have lots of windows in my house that are the exact size. Your still missing the point. Spots are caused by impurities not hot or cold.

Being as you are so argumentative over something you are so so wrong about I am sure I won't be doing business with your company as if I had a problem with your equipment I think you would just argue pointlessly.

Back to the window probably 1 second with no rinse. I will do a video clip soon and show you. Maybe 1.5 seconds.
I’m not being augmentative, I have clearly state heated water has huge benefits; Your claiming ‘Hot Wash’ is better than colder water in every instance, and have it sign written over your van – great marketing by the way – but that’s repeating the marketing from those that sell heated systems. So going by that, my testing of brushes & cleaning is better than some fancy marketing that you have clearly brought into.

All the window cleaners on here and else where that have cold wfp systems, including those window cleaners who have heated wfp systems but don’t use it all the time, (which I know many) are also wrong and being augmentative as well.

If it works for you, and you want to use heated all the time, that’s fine by me and I am sure other’s really wont mind either.

As for doing business with me, I won’t tell you what you want to hear, you can go else where for that. I will tell you the truth to the best of my ability, whether you agree or not is your problem. I have had people on forums tell me how to make a brush, in the same week I have been on the phone to the CEO of a very big window cleaning manufacturer asking me for advice about wfp brushes, go figure

Richard

Latest Posts

Back