Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water Systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pretty good exchange price of £25.49 for the gas for a 13kg cylinder, cheaper than i thought, so do you think i could get a months work done out of this?

Pretty good exchange price of £25.49 for the gas for a 13kg cylinder, cheaper than i thought, so do you think i could get a months work done out of this?
most places need a deposit paid on the bottle,
depending what work i do i can get 2 weeks out of a 6kg one! so you should get atleast 4 weeks out of one that size!

Think this thread should get pinned, some great info here, certainly going to add up all the costs, can see a customer price rise comming lol!

Think this thread should get pinned, some great info here, certainly going to add up all the costs, can see a customer price rise comming lol!
when i set mine up to buy it all cost me £250

Many thanks RC....So what do I have to do with it?
screw it! lol :Image3:

if you turn it quarter turn it clockwise then try it on a low setting and see if it turns on, and repeat till it dont turn on, then thats when its gone to far for it to work, then turn it back anticlockwise to get it to work turning on again.

What temp are you running yours at? Is there alot of temp drop by the time it goes through 100m of hose?

What temp are you running yours at? Is there alot of temp drop by the time it goes through 100m of hose?
i dont find that there is much of a temp drop really, think im runnin mine around 40deg but that changes depending how long its running and how much hose you got out.

Cheers RC will give that a go tomorrow.

screw it! lol :Image3:

if you turn it quarter turn it clockwise then try it on a low setting and see if it turns on, and repeat till it dont turn on, then thats when its gone to far for it to work, then turn it back anticlockwise to get it to work turning on again.

digital RC
might struggle gettin it low, but not tried it with an L5. mate has a diffrent gas heater and cant get it lower than 40 on the digital box. can get it down to about 35 but its a little hit and miss if it starts up and stays on.

spotting is only cause by poor rinsing, when you rinse with the pure water it being cold or hot it get rid of all the dirt from the glass leaving you a spot free clean!

pure water hot or cold dissolves the dirt and absorbs it as it trys to get back to its normal state.

like you say you only test with it, and only took longer because you are not used to it or maybe your brushes cant take the hot water????

you dontclean with it from day to day like a few of us!! 6 months of cleaning with warm water, not a single dirt spot left on windows or even a call back from any of my customers!

i have a block of 78 flats with 2 of us using 2 vans with cold water took both of us 4 hours to do it, as soon as we turned to using hot we managed to get the time down to just over 3 hours!

another good thing with hot water that they dry a lot quicker too!

window cleaners that leave spotting is done because they dont know what they are doing and rush through it!

All the 3 types of brush bristle Polyester, Nylon & Boars brushes are suitable for heated water. It’s the use of the brush that causes the wear.

You don’t always need to do the final rinse with; considering you may be cleaning over 3,000 panes of glass each week that time saving alone is considerable.

As I mentioned before heated water and a detergent both have there use and both have huge benefits over ambient temperature water. If you think you need it for every customer on your round each time you service them, then you switch it on. I just know it would take me longer to clean each pane of glass.

Having heated water is a benefit; even just for the marketing it can win you work.

Richard

Back