Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Other Bikers Out There?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

OMG 170mph on that road!!!.......think i will stick to the Vespa lol
do like the vespas theres some trick ones about with alsorts of engines in and the funky chops as well quite a big following of all things vespa and lambretta up burnley way

I had one of those as a track bike a few years ago (green 2003 B1H). It was the best track bike i've owned (including a 916 and R1). I mainly ride off road now but still hanker after another track bike.
yes im very happy with it ,
do find the zx maybe setup more for track then nornall every day roads, ive been riding zx6s 6 years now

Yes, there are some great scooters out there. I know they are not super fast, but some brilliant paint jobs and fabrication. I know scooters are my thing, but i like most bikes. Two wheels have to stick together!

oh right!!!!! there's one or two bikers then? lol

vesp' my prospective brother-in-law is crazy mad insane in the things, he's got a nice black'un and goes on alot of days out with a load of them like Newb says it does appear quite popular in burnley,

i got my 1st bike when i was 16 a little dt50 in white and red man i was just the happiest oik in the land, then went through about 6 others then one of my proudest moments was when i was 25 i bought a 98 R1 in white and red and thought........."you've made it son, from the dt to an R1.......it dont get any better than this"

my stupidest moment flipping my last tuono getting to cocky thinking i was the bee's knees. shame i was up in northumberland somewhere i left its sad broken body in a farm yard got a lift from the farmer to the pub and got ****** and waited for my mate to drive with a trailor and fetched me, my knees were bleeding but my mate reckoned it was one of the funniest things he's seen he turns up, i'm bezzy mates with half the pub ****** out my head.....what a day.

looking forward to sept i've just booked ferry, digs and thrashed out the route.........portsmouth to bilbao......ride to jaca in the pyrenees then onto andorra then down to a place called roses a day in the pub,beach and med then ride home

forgive just 3 more then i will leave you in peace lol

001-3.jpg

IMG00236-20121123-1838-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

Looks nice Kier, i would love to ride down through france to spain.....one day!

The scooter scene is massive all over the country. There is something on somewhere every weekend from now till october. Biggest on being on the isle of wight on August bank holiday. About 5000 scooters from all over, people fly in from around the world for it.

I love looking at any bike/scooter that has been tinkered with, all the subtle things.

Last time I went touring abroad (on my ZX9R) I went Portsmouth - Le Havre, rode down through France into the Alps, across the Pyranees and caught the ferry back from Santander.

The road down into Santander is awesome, especially when you're thrashing it because you're late for the ferry!!

oh right!!!!! there's one or two bikers then? lol
vesp' my prospective brother-in-law is crazy mad insane in the things, he's got a nice black'un and goes on alot of days out with a load of them like Newb says it does appear quite popular in burnley,

i got my 1st bike when i was 16 a little dt50 in white and red man i was just the happiest oik in the land, then went through about 6 others then one of my proudest moments was when i was 25 i bought a 98 R1 in white and red and thought........."you've made it son, from the dt to an R1.......it dont get any better than this"

my stupidest moment flipping my last tuono getting to cocky thinking i was the bee's knees. shame i was up in northumberland somewhere i left its sad broken body in a farm yard got a lift from the farmer to the pub and got ****** and waited for my mate to drive with a trailor and fetched me, my knees were bleeding but my mate reckoned it was one of the funniest things he's seen he turns up, i'm bezzy mates with half the pub ****** out my head.....what a day.

looking forward to sept i've just booked ferry, digs and thrashed out the route.........portsmouth to bilbao......ride to jaca in the pyrenees then onto andorra then down to a place called roses a day in the pub,beach and med then ride home

forgive just 3 more then i will leave you in peace lol

001-3.jpg

IMG00236-20121123-1838-1.jpg

002-2.jpg
I thought that looked like a tuono.. I'm not into bikes really, but I think the tuono is a lovely bike, when I was 17 I bought a brand new 125 tuono.. Had it for less than 2 months before putting it through a wall, fractured neck, 3 crushed vertabrates in middle of back, broken sternum, wrist, punctured lung and internal bleeding in stomach.. Hasn't put me off bikes and have had a few since, just will never drink and drive again!!

Yes, but bike less now.

I’ve been off twice Belfastcleaning, low & high side - injuries not as bad as yours, knocked my big toenail of both times and 1 cracked rib.

I will be getting another bike,

Richard

Do you guys nod at other bikes? I deffo don't nod at Harleys / choppers cuz they're up their own harris's and scooters, I don't even give them a glance.

Do you guys nod at other bikes? I deffo don't nod at Harleys / choppers cuz they're up their own harris's and scooters, I don't even give them a glance.
good lad, makes me laff when a scooter boy nods.

jesus belfast, thats some injurys for a 125 crash. just goes to show how luck comes into a crash i was wearing jeans and converse when i flipped it probably doing about 60ish when me and bike went our seperate ways and got some decent scrapes on my kness and a bit of gravel rash on one of my love handles lol

newb you dont fancy a garage swap do ya? lol your garage looks well good. 170+ on mad sunday you're a braver man than me, saw 179 on my R1 a few times but got the tuono to stop that sillyness if i flog its guts out i'd be lucky to see 155, lttle did i know it would wheely sooner than look at it so swapped mental speed for mental hooligan

Makes me laugh how because someone rides something different to your chosen ride, people think there bikes or style of bikes are better than another.

There are some great bikes, scooters, choppers out there. The fact that the rider gives a nod, to me is a respect for the other rider. We are all on two wheels, all at the mercy of the other d**ks on the roads.

Many are in clubs and help raise thousands a year for charity.

The other week i took part in the most emotional ride of my life. You might of seen on the news about the poor 16 year old girl killed in hampshire on he 50cc scoot. Knocked off and then the driver left the scene (thankfully caught now)

Anyway, hundreds of local clubs, solo riders came from miles. All riding different bikes, harleys, choppers, scooters, trikes. All there for same reason. To pay respect to Jade Clarke and raise awareness of people on two wheels. We can all mix and did, not one of us are better than the other because we have a fast or expensive bike etc.

If we hit the deck, we will all get hurt

Just find the " I wont nod to them coz they are on a harley or scooter " a bit childish.

Sorry if this offends. Just think life is to short to think that way.

Two wheels should stick together.

Childish? Try getting a nod from a Harley, nigh on impossible, I prefer to save my neck muscles nowadays. I don't nod at scooters cuz I don't like em, simples. I'm not better, I just don't like em.

Mind, if a scooter boy was clad in Astars, then he'd get my respect ;-)

good lad, makes me laff when a scooter boy nods.
jesus belfast, thats some injurys for a 125 crash. just goes to show how luck comes into a crash i was wearing jeans and converse when i flipped it probably doing about 60ish when me and bike went our seperate ways and got some decent scrapes on my kness and a bit of gravel rash on one of my love handles lol

newb you dont fancy a garage swap do ya? lol your garage looks well good. 170+ on mad sunday you're a braver man than me, saw 179 on my R1 a few times but got the tuono to stop that sillyness if i flog its guts out i'd be lucky to see 155, lttle did i know it would wheely sooner than look at it so swapped mental speed for mental hooligan
Yes I was very lucky, forgot to mention i broke my collar bone aswell lol.. it happened around 3am on a little country back road in the middle of no where, and if I wasn't found so quickly I would have been dead, and i dont even know who it was found me or id have personally thanked them.. also if had of broke my neck I'd been paralyzed, and if it had of been the first bone I'd been teady bread there and then ( I fractured the 2nd )

I too was wearing jeans, a thin jacket and new trainers. £250 alpine star jacket in the house!! My trainers and jacket hadn't a mark on them, but they cut my jeans off me..

Can't remember anything about the crash or anything just before it, I can Sort of remember crawling on all fours, then getting into ambulance, then can remember going into the cat scan and then a doctor telling me I had to go straight to surgery as internal bleeding was life threatening, parents didn't even know by this time as I wouldn't give them the number as it was so early.. I got the injection told to count to 10.. Then was asleep in intensive care for 5 days, then in high dependency for a few days getting fed by spoon, spend 6 weeks all together in hospital.. Terrible 6 weeks that was!!

Funny thing is, approx 2 weeks before the accident I was in my grandas showing him the bike and someone knocked the door, a fella doing a survey for the motorbike advert on tv where the guy is in a wheelchair being fed by his wife ( think its a northern Ireland advert ) and he asked if I had seen it, I said yes, and he asked would it make me change the way I drive and be more careful.. Was like a sign

Back