Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many domestics a month?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don't forget it also depends on if you do add ons. I have nothing like 300 a month as I do loads of gutter jobs, conservatory roof etc So I don't need as many houses. They just flow in slow and steady through reccomendations and walk ups.

The amount of houses is not important it is the price per job and the effort you put in as a sole trader to gain x amount(profit).

As for leaflets it's not something I have done but anyone that I know that has success with them puts out tens of thousands,Putting out 1-2k won't return much if any  at all unless your lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flyers are a waste of money these days people get loads through their doors, Fully uniformed and get knocking on doors yields far better results.
Just so you know I get 90 percent of my work from flyers I drop 1k leaflets and get about 5 to 8 calls on the next day and some don't call you straight away still getting calls months later, picking up loads of regular customers and tons of one off cleans which I just charge more. It's fair you say you get at least a 1 percent return rate on delivering leaflets. They are not a waste of time TRUST ME on that one. I hate door canvassing you can get the customers just get motivated and deliver them they will call. Don't skimp on the leaflet!

The time spent walking around dropping flyers could be far better spent. I have dropped 100's of flyers in the past and got a few calls.

As a example I went and knocked 20 doors a good while back only 10 people were in but I gained 4 regular clients in less than 20 minutes

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Leafleting is a bit hit and miss, I have had 12 customers out of 100 before another time 0 out of a approx 200 its all advertising at the end out the day I won't dismiss that's for sure, got a new customer the other day was October last year I dropped the leaflet, they just bought the house and done it up.

how many customers is just a figure, I have days where I do some big houses and only do four a day, so need a lot less customers than if your two up two down, you know when you have enough when you come home knackered lol.

Back