Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whos Working

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not working today, far too cold, water will freeze on customers drives etc. Don't want them putting in a claim. Showing -6 near me at the moment. Got a few commercial jobs to price up this morning that's it.. bored stupid. Was hoping for a few carpet jobs this week.

We tried ours at -4 and it doesnt freeze on the glass only frame and ledge. Although at -1 yesterday it took all afternoon to dry and there were some marks. Trouble is freezing up paths really though.. If you grit or salt it you become liable. Cant go on like this though, im surevwe all have work to be doing. How do we think customers will react when we turn up?

Believe me, im sitting in my living room, and the window is frozen, when i cleaned it half hour or so ago. It froze at the bottom straight away, now its frozen nearly all over. minus 2 now.

I dont have heated water tho, and van has been in garage all night.

Believe me, im sitting in my living room, and the window is frozen, when i cleaned it half hour or so ago. It froze at the bottom straight away, now its frozen nearly all over. minus 2 now.
So heated systems dont freeze at all on the glass?

So heated systems dont freeze at all on the glass?

Dont no, dont have one, but im guessing it would freeze, as it takes ages for windows to dry off in this temperture, so surely they will start freezing.

Can't figure why it's freezing on the glass. I assume the rooms heated, only freezes for me on unheated rooms, ie connys. My best guess is your water is already close to freezing! But the jets are likely to freeze up first, that's been my experience.

Can't figure why it's freezing on the glass. I assume the rooms heated' date=' only freezes for me on unheated rooms, ie connys. My best guess is your water is already close to freezing! But the jets are likely to freeze up first, that's been my experience.[/quote']My heating is on, and has been on 24/7. I only normally experience this on connys to. As van has been in garage all night, i cant see it being close to frozen, but you never no.

Just got back in from pricing some work up, seen 1 wfp company cleaning and 1 trad... how the heck do they do it?!

5 minutes ago I poured some water on the path, it's totally solid, u cannot work in this, and if you are, ur looking for trouble if someone slips on it.

I've had to cancel my work today,.. The rest of the week will have to see how it goes....

Got the usual window cleaning, conservatory roofs, gutters & fascias and even pressure washing jobs to do but customers will just have to wait until the weather improves.

Freezing winter days are an absolute nightmare to get any outside work completed.

Back