How Many Windies In You Area?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by CNS-southwest, Nov 21, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Anyone ever go on tell and see how many windies are in your area (not your town, but your coverage area)

I just did and was shocked to see 19 as i never see windies around here.

So went through and looked at each ones website, about 12 don't really do widow cleaning and don't offer many, if any of the services I offer. 5 have no websites, only two real competitor which is sparkle and rise n shine.

So how many come up for
    Your area?

I was also thinking that for a 10 mile radius, plenty of work For 18 windies lol

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

There'll be plenty more mate, in your area don't think theres only 18 windies. Think of the guys that have established residential rounds that don't need to advertise and then the beer, drug, pocket money and immigrant windies. Still there will be enough work for ya to make a living but I'd multiply that by 4-5 times at least.

3. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

There is loads on the Isle of Wight about 30 I think. When I started up I looked on yell and in phone book ill have to look again, but I've never seen one!! With 606 regular cleans all from flyers, door knocking and word of mouth I think they've all given up lol

4. Gushysfella

So true never thought of that dodger

5. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Gushy - what's your secrets lol

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Far too many cheap ones for my liking :angry:

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Well that's nothing, there is about 66 that are on yell in my area, that's without all the ones that don't advertise or that are on dole!

8. Gushysfella

No secret mate just hard work! I physically can't do any more!! I'm a week behind because of the bloody weather me and my Doris are out 6 days a week and I start at 5 every morning and don't stop till its dark lol

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Can't fault ya work ethics mate, and the missus.

10. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I think there are about 10 in a 5 mile radius but I saw a new guy yesterday so I think a better number would be about 30 or 40 but i am in london so there are thousands of houses on a 5 mile radius.

cant say 10 mile becuase I have never gone that far, too many houses in 5 miles. 150 000 houses to canvass.

Advertisement