Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much are you new boys earning at the moment (traditional)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

not enuff lol im differnt all the time worst day ive ever had i got 4.50 best day i did was 130 quid tbh its all about wer the qork is prices and biggest key is weather wen its like now u can start at 8 and work till 8 i did 10 till 7 and got 100 on the dot but never always as good as that normally im 50-70 a day

I have just joined, I have no idea what I'll get for it. Let me do my best for a couple of days then I'll mention what I am getting. At the same time I also think that this is not anybody's concern. However, I'll try to inform you regarding this matter.

Keep doing the garden if your getting good money for it and have time. I offer a load of other services other than window cleaning. Gardens, Pressure Washing, Roof Painting, General painting, Solar panel cleaning. Will be moving in to carpet cleaning and house cleaning within the year.

You have repeat customers, Why not offer additional services to them. If you do a good job of there Windows they will more than likely think you will do a god job at any other services you provide. Just make sure window cleaning gets priority

it depends on the extra service your offering, you get a good hourly rate and relatively easy work doing windows, so unless the extra services can match that there's not much point, plus a lot of other services are once/twice yearly (hard work), as oppose to your window round which is regular and therefore easier/quicker.

obviously gutter cleans and conny roofs etc are standard but for me thats enough

yh i agree, tbh pressure washing is the only other option i would consider, at least it can be done in poor weather,( just not the sanding)

it depends on the extra service your offering, you get a good hourly rate and relatively easy work doing windows, so unless the extra services can match that there's not much point, plus a lot of other services are once/twice yearly (hard work), as oppose to your window round which is regular and therefore easier/quicker.

obviously gutter cleans and conny roofs etc are standard but for me thats enough
The services I provide and hope to be providing all make good money there not as easy as window cleaning but im a grafter. I dont mind working harder for less/more money.

Im earning nothing per day off window cleaning, as I've not yet started.

If I can't take at least £120 per day (12 houses a day @ £10 each) then it's not a job for me. I appreciate it will take time to build up the round, but I'd no way be able to live long term on £70-£80 per day.

Interesting debate tho.

Tony

£120 per day is possible, I wouldn't say you can make at least that on your own. But it really depends what you actually work. I work 9 to 4.30 with a lunch hour. I do that because in winter, that is the hours of daylight we have, so I just work those hours all year so I know we can handle our workload, and wont be struggling during the winter with bad weather and less hours of daylight.

Whether you can work when its dark is another debate, but personally I prefer not to, if I can avoid it.

i started 7 yrs ago with just 3 customers at a 4.50 a house, but i took my time and did a good job - detailing, sills, wiping excess dirt off frames etc, I now service over 400 properties a month using trad and wfp methods, my point is theres no substitute for doing a good job, just go that extra mile for your customers, your good name will soon spread and your customer database will grow and so will your earnings, and you will keep your customers

i started 7 yrs ago with just 3 customers at a 4.50 a house, but i took my time and did a good job - detailing, sills, wiping excess dirt off frames etc, I now service over 400 properties a month using trad and wfp methods, my point is theres no substitute for doing a good job, just go that extra mile for your customers, your good name will soon spread and your customer database will grow and so will your earnings, and you will keep your customers
Totally agree with the above. We only started up 5 weeks ago and have got just over 50 customers so far, some days I can earn £80-100 other days we've only got £40 worth booked in but with all our customers we do the best job possible on the first clean, most customers are referring us to friends/family because of the high standards of our cleans. And if you do a real good job on the first clean the second clean is a breeze! The big effort on the first clean pays off on making later cleans faster and easier.

Totally agree with the above. We only started up 5 weeks ago and have got just over 50 customers so far, some days I can earn £80-100 other days we've only got £40 worth booked in but with all our customers we do the best job possible on the first clean, most customers are referring us to friends/family because of the high standards of our cleans. And if you do a real good job on the first clean the second clean is a breeze! The big effort on the first clean pays off on making later cleans faster and easier.
Like the philosophy, bout same as mine mate.
Close to me geographically too mate lol.

Like the philosophy, bout same as mine mate.

Close to me geographically too mate lol.
Its THE ONLY WAY to work mate! yeah i'm only down the road from you in sunny newark lol!

Back