Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How To Clean Window Above Garage?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Its difficult to tell from the photo if you could set your ladder safely, but if you cant then it shouldnt be too difficult with a pole.......lean your ladder against the garage and the windows are straight in front of you. I always have a large premium micro fibre glass cloth folded inside a flexi grip device. You can put this on your pole to detail once you have squeegeed.

Doing it in your own is quite risky but getting some latter and if you feel safe you can clean it.In Finland country many people are really having difficulties for cleaning their window that why some of them use to choose to have a roller blinds,in fact my home also have it and i bought it at http://www.teko-kaihdin.fi/

I clean one or two properties like this... I Modified my "Stand Off" (Along the edge which sits along the house/wall, I added two Ali blocks which gave me an extra couple of inches away from the property), This therefore gives my ladders a safe working angle. My ladder and some ladders have a small arrow on the side, which will tell you that your working at a safe angle. It is hard to tell from the picture. But, it seems possible with alittle thinking... Above a Conservatory window like the video above is a NO NO... But. if you tell you customer that you are willing to clean the windows every say 6 weeks and tell them that your happy to clean it from the inside every now and then, they are normally happy with that!... I have one or two customers like this and I end up cleaning all the inside windows once or twice a year - meaning more money!!!... Just have a think about what your doing and be safe!... but. do not let this one window put you off!... When I first started I let awkward windows put me off... But. with alittle thought and some advice, you will tackle the problem... I have one lady I clean at the moment and she has a back window that I have never cleaned... Some people care for your safety too!!!... As long as you and the customer are happy than this is all that matters....

Thanks Rjacandwc Am lucky with this one as its the mother in laws! But there is a few around the area so beast to be prepared!

Latest Posts

Back