Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how to convert your customers from traditional to wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All I will be telling my customers :- I'm now using hot water and will be cleaning the frames in the process. The customer is getting extra for free and if they are not happy they can get someone else.

I swear Darren did a video ages ago about brick dust and that windows wont actually get scratched.

Lot of people on here like watching other windies ? haven’t got time myself! Not bothered about what they’re doing how they look or elsewhat. id find it quite odd if someone was staring at me while i was working. Id take them for a “stay off my patch” kind of guy. Just worry about my own game me. 
I looked like this in amongst some trees so he couldn't see me ? I had to walk past him once then I was only 3 doors away from him on the same side of the street cleaning the same style houses so just glanced over every now and then, I wasn't in the van like a weirdo taking photos of other window cleaners 

cornish-ent-2.jpg

I looked like this in amongst some trees so he couldn't see me ? I had to walk past him once then I was only 3 doors away from him on the same side of the street cleaning the same style houses so just glanced over every now and then, I wasn't in the van like a weirdo taking photos of other window cleaners 

View attachment 17180
It could be an Ent ?.

it’s hair is like johnny bravos and the nose of arnold from hey arnold!

I would also add do some research and make sure you know what to do and what not to do, my prime example the other day an employee of a company out in van on his own either been left to get on or badly trained or both,

3 storey townhouse before he reaches the top windows brush on brickwork then after cleaning window No1 he must have had a cobweb on his brush or something so he starts scrubbing the brickwork then brush straight on the glass of window No2, dropping down to the patio doors with a juliet balcony brush on brickwork whilst collapsing the pole, the brush was about the size of 2 house bricks and looked as heavy so he could only clean the glass above the railings so half a job, once he was finished he leant the pole against the garden wall upside down with the brush on the pavement, I am guessing most of the windows are now scratched ?
Ah, that was you watching me then ?

I think @P4dstaris counting his kids and @Green Pro Clean Ltdis counting his money ?
Nah, don't be daft. Darren has employed me to count his money ???

I would also add do some research and make sure you know what to do and what not to do, my prime example the other day an employee of a company out in van on his own either been left to get on or badly trained or both,

3 storey townhouse before he reaches the top windows brush on brickwork then after cleaning window No1 he must have had a cobweb on his brush or something so he starts scrubbing the brickwork then brush straight on the glass of window No2, dropping down to the patio doors with a juliet balcony brush on brickwork whilst collapsing the pole, the brush was about the size of 2 house bricks and looked as heavy so he could only clean the glass above the railings so half a job, once he was finished he leant the pole against the garden wall upside down with the brush on the pavement, I am guessing most of the windows are now scratched ?
I reckon this happens a fair bit, as you've got these companies who take on someone and might pay peanuts. The workers then gonna feel agrieved and like a skivvy and do a substandard job, wash and go type thing. Must be very tricky getting the right employee.

It could be an Ent ?.

it’s hair is like johnny bravos and the nose of arnold from hey arnold!
Haha yeh, was it Tree-beard off lord of the rings?

I reckon this happens a fair bit, as you've got these companies who take on someone and might pay peanuts. The workers then gonna feel agrieved and like a skivvy and do a substandard job, wash and go type thing. Must be very tricky getting the right employee.

Haha yeh, was it Tree-beard off lord of the rings?
I have spoken to the owner before, maybe 2 years ago and he said he had issues with employees, young lads typically who couldn't be bothered and trashed the gear, this guy was maybe in his 40's, but the owner must know what decent equipment is and to send someone out with inadequate gear IMHO is just daft as he will potentially sicken off decent lads as well. 

I don't think anyone in there right mind could work with a heavy sill brush, which looked like a Brodex brush and a fibreglass pole all day, as they will aching and develop injuries pretty quick. 

Back