How to keep your energy levels up during the day?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Declan Mc, Dec 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Declan Mc

Declan Mc Member

Does anyone have any tips on keeping energy levels up during the working day? I try to get 7+ hours sleep and have breakfast, have a bottle of water in the car etc. but find myself tiring after 2-3 hours work and just want to go home. Don't really want to be loading up on energy drinks or other junk.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

if youre tiring because youv a full workload ,do something about it,

seriously you will get slower and slower and the sheer workload will beat you in the end
    burnout is a real risk

the 2 options are A-cut the workload and trundle on solo
    B- employ to cope with it

i took the 2nd option, should have done it a bit erlier,instead i stuck head in sand and the load darn near killed me

3. TolishAPurd

Eat a good meal the night before. Have a high energy breakfast like porridge or weetabix, or even a proper cooked breakfast- and at all costs avoid sugary cereals.

While working avoid sugary drinks, especially energy drinks- they are only good for a short burst of energy and are useless for sustained work.

Don't snack on sweets, they are the worst thing for you, and you can end up becoming reliant on them (phsycologicaly). The moment you feel like having sweets, opt for fruit instead as fructose(fruit sugar) is handled by the body much better then sucrose(normal sugar). Also fruit has other things that are good for your health like antioxidants, vitamins etc. which also help your immune system (less time off sick,and more energy...win win)

If you're going to have a flask of tea, cut the sugar out (notice theres a theme here). If you really cant live without the sugar, then use honey instead as its similar to fruit in that it has good stuff in it (if you buy good quality honey, preferably local).

Hope that helps mate. I used to be a fitness instructor back in the day, but slipped into bad habits. I had the same problem as you not so long back but the best thing you can ever do is to cut out sugar, and increase the good natural foods. It worked for me, and instead of my wife being treated to 3 minutes of lovemaking, its now gone up to 4minutes. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

^^^^ wimps :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. Declan Mc

Declan Mc Member

Thanks Tolish, some good info. in there.

Guilty on the sweet (and sugar) front, been taking some with me on evening work.

Think I might try porridge for a while to see how that works out.

6. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

I feel the same, first job took 1.5 hours, could have gone home then, but I have a family and I have to feed the little things, that just makes me plod on. I was so slow on last job as well, I blame the lack of daylight hours, i am solar powered. I usually start the day with a mcd's latte or cappuccino, it was a greggs bacon roll and cappuccino today tho, only £2, but was thirsty after it.Salty bacon( bacon uses the goodness in the body to digest it, so not good nutrition)

Just a wee point I learned, todays food is tomorrows energy. A pal told me sometimes he just sits in the car and has a 10 minute recharge time, but I just keep going as such short days just now and have my recharge time at home.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

How old are you lads? I'm 51 and can go all day on a couple of sarnies and not stop to eat them. I wouldn't say I was that fit either.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

41, I just had a banana and brioche that i stuffed in my face when driving two minutes to next job for lunch, ive had a viral bug for 6 weeks thats took the stuffing out of me, coughing alot through night, so not getting enough kip. Ive got my sister coming out to work with me in Jan, so will see how that goes. Hopefully she will do the windows n I can do some conny roofs n gutter cleans.Well see. I aint that fit either.

9. Declan Mc

Declan Mc Member

37. Thought I was fit but obviously not! I know a guy who is 56 and has heaps more energy and drive that I have. Something I want to rectify.

10. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

im 53 and work all day my wife runs a cleaning company i help out there early mornings and late nights and do my window cleaning all day if your cream crackerd after 2-3 hours work you need to go see your local GP cause something is not right

Advertisement