Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out would like to go the WFP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I posted some of my flyers through about 100 doors, i've got 1400 left to do ?
Marketing is the key to your business success. The cleaning side is the easy part of the business.

Get the other 1400 out asap, keep track of all the interested clients and FOLLOW up you will close more work with a follow up contact with the customer.

And inregards to canvassing/ leaflets drops  hit the same places (streets, estates, shops) every 30 day like clock work. You will start the ball rolling fast.

Dont forget we are all just marketing company's that clean windows and ect.

Hope this helps.

I thought i'd give a little update

I've had 3 calls and two jobs so far from about 300 flyers that i posted through doors.. I did my first job on Saturday morning. I was very thorough and it probably took me longer than it needed 3 bed house with 2 skylights in the roof. took me about 40 mins

I find the slowest part is cleaning the patio doors as they are the quad doors so 4 panes with 4 frames. I don't know if i should use the brush for them rather than do them by hand

I did a easier job this morning no skylights so took me about 30 mins.

I've had 3 calls and two jobs so far from about 300 flyers that i posted through doors.. I did my first job on Saturday morning. I was very thorough and it probably took me longer than it needed 3 bed house with 2 skylights in the roof. took me about 40 mins

I find the slowest part is cleaning the patio doors as they are the quad doors so 4 panes with 4 frames. I don't know if i should use the brush for them rather than do them by hand

We use the pole and brush for everything. ?

WFP everything. Treat the quad doors as one pane and work across them to ensure the clean and rinse is consistent 

WFP everything. Treat the quad doors as one pane and work across them to ensure the clean and rinse is consistent 
Ok that's good to know. I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do, I've been trad everything downstairs.

Should I still dry the windows and quad doors  downstairs after cleaning them with the wfp

Ok that's good to know. I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do, I've been trad everything downstairs.

Should I still dry the windows and quad doors  downstairs after cleaning them with the wfp
My best advice is "Do what you thinks best for you and your business" 

With respect and this isn't aimed at sounding nasty, It's okay seeking our advice and the way that we go about our daily work however your ability fitness and adaptation of our tips my not be suitable for you.

For me personally and my journey into the trade I didn't know about the forum and never asked anyone, just watched others work and adapted the information I absorbed into how I do things today. 

We are always here to help and put our hand out to others ?

No drying..  thats the whole point in water fed pole window cleaning and the power of pure water. You're over cooking it and possibly confusing yourself 

No need to dry them. If they're washed and rinsed properly, that's it. Job done.

Be very thorough with the wash. Finish with a good full width rinse from the top of the glass down.

No matter how thorough you are, you will still get the occasional complaint (a dried in bird mark you didn't spot, etc).

No great problem as long as it's rare. Just go back and put it right.

You'll be fine. ?

It's important to study and do research. It's important as well though to grab the bull by the horns, stiffen the resolve and get stuck in, before we talk ourselves into too much fear.

A lesson learnt from my white water kayaking days, that's every bit as valid in daily and business life.

Didn’t mean to be critical but just getting the worst of the pure  water off the windows is easier than cleaning trad as all you are removing is clean water and no dirt , so it’s easier 
No worries, didn't think you were being critical.

All great advice thanks i will stick with doing everything with the WFP will be a lot easier for sure ?

After the two jobs i said about coming back in 6 weeks but they both said they would call me when they need me. i will contact them in 6 weeks away for a reminder

Last edited by a moderator:
I had two jobs yesterday one was in the morning and i could just do the work without them having to be at home. I sent them my bank details and when they got home they said i did an amazing job and want me back every 8 weeks which was nice.

The job i had in the afternoon taught me a lesson that i maybe need to see the house before i give a firm price as it was a 3 bedroom house so thought it would be similar size to mine but it was a massive 3 bed with 2 x patio doors out the back a bay window down the side it must of had about 15 windows. So i did say that i made a mistake with the price and it would be £18 they were fine and payed me £20 it did take me 1hr though! hoping also i can go back in 8 weeks.

I have 2 jobs lined up for today

So my flyers seem to be working ?

I had two jobs yesterday one was in the morning and i could just do the work without them having to be at home. I sent them my bank details and when they got home they said i did an amazing job and want me back every 8 weeks which was nice.

The job i had in the afternoon taught me a lesson that i maybe need to see the house before i give a firm price as it was a 3 bedroom house so thought it would be similar size to mine but it was a massive 3 bed with 2 x patio doors out the back a bay window down the side it must of had about 15 windows. So i did say that i made a mistake with the price and it would be £18 they were fine and payed me £20 it did take me 1hr though! hoping also i can go back in 8 weeks.

I have 2 jobs lined up for today

So my flyers seem to be working ?
Well done and great work,  

Always do a physical survey of a property to establish how many windows there are and accessibility to the property and glass. The customer never knows how many windows they have and could have a whopping Orangery or brick built extension at the rear of the property. Don't get caught out as it's your income you'll be biting into. 

I know a few guys that just use Google Earth and street view but again it can be misleading and sometimes outdated 

Latest Posts

Back