Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out would like to go the WFP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I am getting a backpack also. My plan is to fit the Exceed tubless system,and connect the stage 2 part onto the hose that comes with the backpack. That should give plenty of length. Especially with backpack on a trolley. 
I wouldn't bother with the Exceed kit it's just ez-snap/rectus fittings with a sleeve over and few other bits which ain't needed, I also wouldn't bother with a backpack unless you are 100% certain you will need it, I used mine for a handful of awkward jobs in the end it was easier to not do the jobs anymore and as of now the backpack has sat collecting dust for over 2 years.

Hey guys

I got my kit today Yay

This is what i ordered from Gardiner

The only thing is i can't seem to fit the pole hose to the flow valve i'm guessing i need something else to attach them? I've added a photo of what i mean. Gardiner didn't say i needed something else when i ordered the items ?

I just had a go at seeing how it reaches the skylight and it just does with me fully extended!

just waiting on my flyers and 8x 25 litre containers now!

Push-Fit Pole Control Valve

SKU: PF-VALVE-NMPOV-08-NIN

Gardiner Pure Water Backpack V3 - 22 litre

SKU: Backpack-V3

Backpack Hose End Coupling

1 x EZ Snap Female Coupling £8.00

Gardiner Pure Water Backpack V3 - 22 litre

1 x Gardiner Pure Water Backpack - Base Product £0.00

SLX 27

SKU: SLX-27

SLX27 - Bare Base Pole

1 x SLX 27 - Bare Pole £0.00

QuicK-LoQ Gooseneck

1 x Upgrade to a Quick-LoQ Angle Adapter Long £3.00

QuicK-LoQ Brush

1 x Super-Lite 26cm Brush Medium-Mixed £0.00

Brush Jets

1 x Standard 2mm Pencil Jets x2 £0.00

Pole Hose

1 x Reinforced Flexible Pole Hose - 10m Length for 18-27ft Poles £8.00

Pole Hose Connector Type

1 x EZ Snap Male Plug £4.50

Free Gift

1 x Gardiner 'Beanie' Winter Knitted Hat £0.00

20201026_112629.jpg

Ched, i got the pole hose with the EZ quick male end fitted from the pole hose and a female end fitted on the backpack which is all good

But this valve also needs fitting. i have emailed Gardiner

just clicked the link you posted i guess one end of that pushes into the valve and the other get crimped on the hose

Last edited by a moderator:
Ched, i got the pole hose with the EZ quick male end fitted from the pole hose and a female end fitted on the backpack which is all good

But this valve also needs fitting. i have emailed Gardiner

just clicked the link you posted i guess one end of that pushes into the valve and the other get crimped on the hose
Yes I think 1 end pushes into valve and other crimps on but wait for gardiner to reply as they may have better suggestion.

I heard back from Gardiner because i've got reinforced pole hose it can't just push into the valve i need that barb to stem also.

Bit disappointing that they didn't say . i did try and call them before i ordered. hey ho i'll have to order it as i can't do anything without it!

One question about pure water how long does it stay pure when in containers does it turn or anything over time

Pure should stay fine but keep out of light otherwise you can get algae.

As for barb - frustrating but you can ask for second class delivery at a lower price if under the £50 free delivery limit.

So i picked up some pure water today and had a go doing my house. Woohoo. I watched the Gardiner tutorial video on basic cleaning with the pole and rinsing

I don't seem to get the same drying effect as on there video i seem to be left with water beads on the windows is that a technique thing or did they wax their windows first ?

So i picked up some pure water today and had a go doing my house. Woohoo. I watched the Gardiner tutorial video on basic cleaning with the pole and rinsing

I don't seem to get the same drying effect as on there video i seem to be left with water beads on the windows is that a technique thing or did they wax their windows first ?
Water beads are normal. The question is do they dry clean and without any water marks?

On your own home you have the opportunity to go inside and check your work. Practice lots on your own windows. Try standing further away, to the left, to the right etc as sometimes you can't stand where you would like. Don't worry about speed just do a very thorough job so you will be confident that when you do a custys windows they will be good.

Watch lots of videos then more you watch and do your own you will start to see very small things good people do. Watch Squeeky Clean Dave, AE Mackintosh to name just a couple.

You've probably got hydrophobic windows so will get beading. good windows to get your technique right. They also take longer to "dry" in the colder months.

It looked like it was drying clean but the weather has turned so its raining cats dogs now with lighting ?

I will keep practising on my house untill i'm 100% confident that i know what i'm doing

Is having a squeegee on the reverse of the brush worth having? I think i have seen them. But if having beads is normal then i guess i'll have to explain to the customer that it will dry clean

Ok so some windows have a different effect then with the water beading then

There's two types of glass hydrophilic & hydrophobic.

One is self cleaning and one isn't 

As many have said previously it's down to the rinse technique distance of brush from the glass surface and flow of water 

You need to learn the difference between hydrophobic and hydrophilic glass ?

By the way, you shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’. No need to thank me ??

It looked like it was drying clean but the weather has turned so its raining cats dogs now with lighting ?

I will keep practising on my house untill i'm 100% confident that i know what i'm doing

Is having a squeegee on the reverse of the brush worth having? I think i have seen them. But if having beads is normal then i guess i'll have to explain to the customer that it will dry clean

Ok so some windows have a different effect then with the water beading then
wfp's with squeezes on, we are not traditionalists and it defeats the object 

It's all just glass. Hydrophobic or hydrophilic ~ both, still just glass. No need for half the worrying that some people do. Phobic forms beads and rivulets, phylic forms nice sheets and is more pleasing to do.

Whatever the glass type, I rinse on by forming a sheet of water across the top of the glass and bringing it down the full width of the glass. Rinsing lightly on breaks the surface tension of any beads or rivulets rupturing them and so generally forms micro-sheets which aids the rinse and helps in the removal of any bits of dirt that might be left behind after the agitation phase. Rinsing on also ensures good water pressure directly on the glass to help with the rinse plus adds a bonus light agitation on the final stage.

I have supreme confidence in the reliability and speed in this technique.

Whatever technique is used, if it's done properly the window will dry clean... mostly. There's always the occasional rogue. ?

It's all just glass. Hydrophobic or hydrophilic ~ both, still just glass. No need for half the worrying that some people do. Phobic forms beads and rivulets, phylic forms nice sheets and is more pleasing to do.

Whatever the glass type, I rinse on by forming a sheet of water across the top of the glass and bringing it down the full width of the glass. Rinsing lightly on breaks the surface tension of any beads or rivulets rupturing them and so generally forms micro-sheets which aids the rinse and helps in the removal of any bits of dirt that might be left behind after the agitation phase. Rinsing on also ensures good water pressure directly on the glass to help with the rinse plus adds a bonus light agitation on the final stage.

I have supreme confidence in the reliability and speed in this technique.

Whatever technique is used, if it's done properly the window will dry clean... mostly. There's always the occasional rogue. ?
Same way I work.

So i just need to work on my technique then, the weather hasn't been great here the last couple of days so not been able to practice anymore

The windows i did manage to clean did dry clean so i'm pleased about that. I think i maybe should have also bought a sill cleaner brush as all of the windows around my estate have the pvc sills that need a good scrub when they are dirty, as ours hadn't been done for a while because our trad window cleaner never turned up!

What brush is your go to brush for everyday use?

cheers

So i just need to work on my technique then, the weather hasn't been great here the last couple of days so not been able to practice anymore

The windows i did manage to clean did dry clean so i'm pleased about that. I think i maybe should have also bought a sill cleaner brush as all of the windows around my estate have the pvc sills that need a good scrub when they are dirty, as ours hadn't been done for a while because our trad window cleaner never turned up!

What brush is your go to brush for everyday use?

cheers
If you are short on funds or feel inventive and need a sill brush just get a standard cheap broom head from Tesco, Homebase or B&M most from knowledge have Euro22 threads, get some scissors and trim down the bristles or even create a beval on them.

Anything is possible. I made a brush when I started out as a sacrificial brush to use on supermarket shop fronts to remove birds mess and cobwebs for first cleans 

Would this be a good choice to be able to do the windows and the pvc sills or do you have to use this for sills only then change the brush for the windows i can't imagine that would be the case?

UNIVERSAL SILL 26CM BRUSH - MEDIUM SOFT

brush_universal_26cm_medium_soft_jet_capsule_holes_1.jpg

Back