Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to stop this

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Why so much pole hose??? You only need enough to extend your pole fully plus a little bit more. Not excess amount. Have the connection between your reel hose and pole hose close to you as possible. Easier to pull round corners and unsnap. 

We use 25 meters plus we regularly use 75 foot poles ,and if you dint allow enough extra hose you will be lifting the microbore off the ground and when you need to change any fittings or get any damage to the pole hose it won’t be long enough to cut off damaged ends etc , it’s also useful as you have a total hose length of 125-130 meters of hose very useful when doing large commercial work , and on domestics you don’t  need to take the microbore around the back of the property pole hose is a lot lighter and easier to manage we find it works well having the extra length of it on the reel .

I've got 6 poles so it's to expensive for me

You don’t need to buy there kit it’s easy to do your own the only thing you need to buy is the ejector sleeve 

If this is guaranteed to not disconnect when extending the pole, I may have to buy the kit.

Please let us know how you get on with it.

It will not disconnect I have about 18 poles in my vans and they are all this set up , once you have bought one kit and see how it works you can buy everything you need from different places and it costs less than £5 obviously the ejector sleeve  needs to be bought and they arnt cheap but they last ages I have had mine year and only replaced one due to damage .

Lumps my size don't do gentle ?
 Try an  exceed ejector sleeve and this will solve the issue with the disconnect over what I said before, you don't need to faff on with the bung and other bits, although the female fitting goes at the bottom of the pole inside the sleeve

Last edited by a moderator:
I have enough pole hose on all my poles for them to fully extend and to lift the pole up to head height whilst keeping the rectus fittings on the floor. This way should I need to stretch a little for the odd window I can and thus the rectus fittings protected by my two balls (!) are always on the floor. If I had excess pole hose I couldn’t cope with my balls being so far away. If they get snagged on a corner they are always there close to my hand. No walking back to un snag. 

I have enough pole hose on all my poles for them to fully extend and to lift the pole up to head height whilst keeping the rectus fittings on the floor. This way should I need to stretch a little for the odd window I can and thus the rectus fittings protected by my two balls (!) are always on the floor. If I had excess pole hose I couldn’t cope with my balls being so far away. If they get snagged on a corner they are always there close to my hand. No walking back to un snag. 
I think you are missing the way a tubless set up works there is no pole hose sticking out of the pole it’s all attached to the hose reels , so much quicker and easier getting the pole out and putting it away , you don’t need protector balls with that set up , trust me it’s so much easier google or YouTube it and watch how it works if you try it I guarantee you will never go back 

Yes mate. I was referring to all us none tubeless boys (and girls). ? Saw someone on YouTube the other day. None tubeless set up but he had just to much pole hose. He was getting snagged and when he came to put his pole away I think he had more hose on his pole than on his hose reel.  ?

Its the time you save once you swap over to hoseless and its easy to change poles. Exceed is quite expense at £40 a go but once up and running it pays for itself in no time. ?
I'd have to agree. It brought our speed up another notch, especially in combination with the Univalve. It also means less pole hoses hanging in the van.

Fairly expensive for sure, but comes off the tax bill, and it should be remembered that all these innovations have to be designed, patented, and probably re-designed to improve and iron out faults. Then manufactured, tested and marketed.

Same as our trade, expenses behind the scene that aren't always recognised by those not having to pay them.

For anyone with more than one van, perhaps convert one and see what you think. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to agree. It brought our speed up another notch, especially in combination with the Univalve. It also means less pole hoses hanging in the van.

Fairly expensive for sure, but comes off the tax bill, and it should be remembered that all these innovations have to be designed, patented, and probably re-designed to improve and iron out faults. Then manufactured, tested and marketed.

Same as our trade, expenses behind the scene that aren't always recognised by those not having to pay them.

For anyone with more than one van, perhaps convert one and see what you think. ?

Thats what I did bought one kit tried it and then did the other 17 poles ???? but made up my own it’s dead easy and costs less than £5 per pole to do 

I have found that occasionally when using the pole in fully closed position I have accidentally grabbed the tubeless sleeve when a little of it protruded from the bottom end, resulting in it disconnecting. A very easy fix: When I close down the pole, I now leave it about an inch longer than fully closed. This means the sleeve stays fully within the pole and there's no way I can accidentally grab it and unclip. ?

Exceed give you a black collar to fit at top so you can adjust the height by cutting the collar to size.

The only thing I would say about changing over to the tubeless system is softwashing. Say you use the backpack then how does the hose go up the pole when there is none? You have to make up an extension hose so that you can extend the wfp. I found this out on Monday when I did a bit of softwashing.

Oliver was here from Grippatank fixing my tank float and he made up an extension hose for my wfp and backpack. ? He also told me to change my Carbon filter every 6 months because it begins to break down and affects the efficiency of both my membranes. £40 for a new carbon filter and £160 each for the membranes, I thought he was having a laugh at £160 each for a roll of paper but obviously not paper. Just makes me want to increase my prices due to the cost of them. He was saying they are very busy and wfp is still increasing exponentially in England. ?

The only thing I would say about changing over to the tubeless system is softwashing. Say you use the backpack then how does the hose go up the pole when there is none? You have to make up an extension hose so that you can extend the wfp. I found this out on Monday when I did a bit of softwashing.

Yes that’s what do I have 20 meters of pole hose on the back pack trolly 

Back