Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How windy is too windy to work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Been doing this around 26 years now, 12 of them WFP, and although snow and heavy rain has stopped me, I don’t remember wind ever stopping me since switching to WFP ??‍?
Same here only 3 years at wfp but the wind has never stopped me, as you say just use shorter lengths, and it can get pretty blowy here off the Pennines.

No chance. It’s doesn’t take much to blow a ladder or wfp over. Anything 18mph-25mph be aware. 25 and above its not worth the risks. 
If I can't keep my brush on the glass I'll give it a swerve.

Worked in storm doris with no issues apart from 1 complaint which I think was just on principle. 

Its surprising how much more you can do when its windy with wfp. Even when its blowing empty wheelie bins over you can crack on.

When I was tradding I didn't like working above 30mph.
Those were the days. 

Holding on to a sill with 1 hand while tradding with the other... I don't miss that at all.

Think I've learned a lesson went out in those winds on Monday. Ended up pulling muscles in my arm and stomach trying to fight those gusts ?
Admittedly,@ one stage,i pulled a shoulder/back muscle...Still,work through the pain barrier.That assists with healing,as does stretching!?.

Back