Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How windy is too windy to work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I do Trad at the moment so anything above 50 mph I'll ditch the high stuff and just do some bottom flats. Don't fancy falling off a ladder for £10 per hour 

I do Trad at the moment so anything above 50 mph I'll ditch the high stuff and just do some bottom flats. Don't fancy falling off a ladder for £10 per hour 

Too right, far too dangerous.

How come you're only on £10 an hour? Are you working for a company up there? 

Already rescheduled todays work, not worth risking my equipment, let alone the safety factor, and I always think we are one poor job on the customers windows from losing that customer. Stay safe out there guys.
I was just getting ready to head out as it was a lovely morning but it's now snowing, think I'll leave it for a few hours ??

Already rescheduled todays work, not worth risking my equipment, let alone the safety factor, and I always think we are one poor job on the customers windows from losing that customer. Stay safe out there guys.

Yeah that's my thinking.  Decided to take the day off last night, I would have gone out today but after what happened yesterday my fear was that when I send out those texts 'your windows are due for cleaning, I'll be there tomorrow...' there is that risk the customers will think 'what's the point' more than if it was just a normal rainy day as the weather will be on their minds due to it being all over the news.

Got to just chance it tomorrow though, can't put off the work forever.  Thursday is looking really bad on the met forecast, torrential rain sweeping the whole country.

Got to just chance it tomorrow though, can't put off the work forever.  Thursday is looking really bad on the met forecast, torrential rain sweeping the whole country.

I'll be off till Thursday and I have a big PW job on Friday when the temp is up to 10 degrees. Sometimes its not worth the bother, that's when its good not having a full round. I can do mine in 7 days now.

85122466_10156450000547924_4759709893030576128_o.jpg

That's just popped up on facebook, 15 miles away   :1f632:

Could be a hard week this one.

Customers don't want you out in this weather and sometimes blame themselves for us coming out. I heard this over the weekend. A relatively new windy was telling his customer, "I see you have got the back room all done up with different wallpaper" The customer was quite alarmed that he was observing all their rooms and quickly cancelled him on the next visit, that's why I like the wfp. ?

85122466_10156450000547924_4759709893030576128_o.jpg

Snowing here in the East midlands now early afternoon

and remember which direction it,s blowing to save getting splashes on windows already done.

Typical had the day off today thinking it was going to be horrendous. And until 10am it was... Then it cleared up and has been fine all day just windy. 

Going back to work tomorrow whatever its like I can't be doing with sitting around doing nowt 

MASSIVE LESSON LEARNT TODAY - Been out working today in 40+ mph winds (WFP) it was windy and gusty but I didn't actually think it was that bad. Finished about 2pm, 3pm I got a text off my mate who was one of the first customers I done this morning saying his windows were a mess ? Told him I'd be straight there so went up and indeed they were, covered in dust from the wind. My heart sank as I've done 27 houses today in his estate. So I've just had to re-do his whole street (fronts only his back was fine cos it was sheltered). Then went around checking my work and re-done the ones that were bad. Some were OK it was mainly the exposed ones.

That's it for me I'll now only be working in winds upto about 25mph from here on out I'll not be taking the risk. Every days a school day.

Back