Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How's 2023 Starting Off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

This month has started off with a bang with new enquiries happening all last week. Had a customer yesterday saying my windows don't need cleaned and in future I will tell you when I need them cleaned. The same person cancelled and the other half started me up again and I did all their Christmas stuff for them. Beginning to realise I'm getting used but once bitten twice shy so I will be ready with a good answer when they need their windows cleaned like the new one off price they will be offered. ?

Lost a few gained a few, not been out looking for new work yet though as suffered with the flu for a couple of weeks so that caused a backlog which I've only just caught up. This week I've got 3 days empty which is when I had the flu 4 weeks ago so I'll be out from Wednesday onwards looking for new customers, got 2 days free next week as well. Feels very spring like today so I expect a lot of people will be looking for window cleaners.

This month has started off with a bang with new enquiries happening all last week. Had a customer yesterday saying my windows don't need cleaned and in future I will tell you when I need them cleaned. The same person cancelled and the other half started me up again and I did all their Christmas stuff for them. Beginning to realise I'm getting used but once bitten twice shy so I will be ready with a good answer when they need their windows cleaned like the new one off price they will be offered. ?
Well I'm glad you're still with us into '23 cos everyone was worrying that the forum was going to die .But a new year and hopefully no hard feelings all round ;)

Well I'm glad you're still with us into '23 cos everyone was worrying that the forum was going to die .But a new year and hopefully no hard feelings all round ;)
Like an old penny, always turning up but back into my forte. Merchant Banking or trading currencies or spread betting the Pound v the Dollar as I call it. I can feel it in my water that I'm coming into alot of dosh, not sure if it's the trading or that guy who was selling the big round is going to contact me again. ?

Still running 2 weeks behind, got far too much work, been slowly dumping jobs i dont fancy anymore. Turned up to one today and decided to dump it could be bothered with it.

Doing price increases very soon and going to dump a fair few more if that doesn thin them out

Picked up quite a few decent domestic jobs which is unusual at this time of year over the last 4 weeks....price rises in April for nearly all customers...I've lost a few too who simply say they can't afford me anymore....

Like an old penny, always turning up but back into my forte. Merchant Banking or trading currencies or spread betting the Pound v the Dollar as I call it. I can feel it in my water that I'm coming into alot of dosh, not sure if it's the trading or that guy who was selling the big round is going to contact me again. ?
Fairplay to you, that's the spirit....but don't encourage anyone to think you're a merchant banker - it has different connotations down this part of the country

Whenever we have a sunny spell in February I pick up more than the average amout of customers.
I think I remember someone on her a few years ago saying how the low horison of the sun helped show up
more muck on the glass. Anyone els see a higher than average walk ups?

In answer to your question I think the psychological effect of coming out of January combined with a few sunny days is coming into play: in last few days I've had several calls plus contact forms for 3 x block paving jobs, a patio, PIC driveway clean and seal, decking clean/oil, a conservatory and a roof which isn't bad for this time of year.
But if we get the snow being forecast that will soon change. But if sun keeps shining it'll be happy days, even though there's still a hosepipe ban in force.
Unbelievable considering how much rain we've had.

Whenever we have a sunny spell in February I pick up more than the average amout of customers.
I think I remember someone on her a few years ago saying how the low horison of the sun helped show up
Strangely I had two walk ups yesterday. However, both were one offs which I have no interest in.
Before anyone says just charge more, I don’t want to work the extra hour or so it would of taken. Those days have passed ?

I've had a few enquires this past week and signed up two jobs which I had previously dropped as they had become single isolated jobs but they moved house and wanted me back so happy days although overall compared to October my Google analytics is way down but time will tell

Yeah I agree that sunny Feb helps but usually 1st March is the tipping pount for all exterior cleaning jobs because people think it's spring time (although officially doesn't start until later than that)

Yeah I agree that sunny Feb helps but usually 1st March is the tipping pount for all exterior cleaning jobs because people think it's spring time (although officially doesn't start until later than that)
The amount of gutter clears and conny roofs etc we have had recently is a joke
Someone needs to tell the customers it’s not spring yet?

Depends what you mean by officially.
The meteorological first day of spring is 1st March.
Meteorologist do it this way as that way you get three months of each season.
1st June for summer, 1st September for autumn, 1st December for winter ???‍?

I’ve had a good start so far picking up fair few jobs just topping up really as condensing work lots of pw repeats and new ones coming in as well don’t want to jinx it but feel it’s guna be good year had too pretty pants years so this one very welcome ?

Depends what you mean by officially.
The meteorological first day of spring is 1st March.
Meteorologist do it this way as that way you get three months of each season.
1st June for summer, 1st September for autumn, 1st December for winter ???‍?
That's how I'd always thought of it too. I only know about the official date being later cos out of curiosity I happened to look it up a few years ago - then found out about spring equinox, and other stuff I've got absolutely no interest in or knowledge of and discovered that's why the official date comes later in the month.
But to all intents and purposes it starts 1st March for most people.

ive started 2023 putting my prices up from £1 / £2 per house. Slowly to see if any cancel but so far no cancelations . So looking pretty good so far.
I just thought if i loose the odd one its no loss . Most of my work is close togeather parking up and cleaning around 6/10 houses in one go. all reasonably priced .
Believe it or not Customers have been asking me if i have put my prices up yet.
Looks like most decent customers are expecting it.
I tell them i was thinking of going on strike but id just be ignored.
Its a good job they dont know our Daily Takings

You can make a few bob per day if you have all the right kit. Like most jobs, at the beginning its all spend spend spend but after that its the other way round. The spend phase is when most folk give up and who can blame them. Got my van Mot yesterday and needed bits and pieces but I feel like I have won the lottery because its 14 years old.

Back