Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm sick of cleaning block pavers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

that patio is very bad , not cleaned in years if ever . thats a great washer sdrah but looking at your pics i reckon that powerwashing alone wont shift the lichens etc , i normally treat after with hypo and they come up spotless . another possible problem will be the mortar joints , if any are damaged inform the customer before you start and you cant be blamed .also if your using a turbo nozzle on them it can easily blast out the mortar so maybe try an ordinary nozzle before you could do damage

also have my old one just in case .. do you mean that my new one could not be a good choice around the pond ?!

that patio is very bad , not cleaned in years if ever . thats a great washer sdrah but looking at your pics i reckon that powerwashing alone wont shift the lichens etc , i normally treat after with hypo and they come up spotless . another possible problem will be the mortar joints , if any are damaged inform the customer before you start and you cant be blamed .also if your using a turbo nozzle on them it can easily blast out the mortar so maybe try an ordinary nozzle before you could do damage
Thank Mr shine - re: joints in fact I hate this type of patio is almost certainly the mortar is gonna be removed here and there ...

What ratio do you use for lichens ? is it 50g per L?

i use sodium hypochlorite or hypo as its known at a half litre of water to a half litre of hypo , ive no experience of oxygenated bleach

thats about right price wise but youll be surprised how fast you will clean that area with that spec washer
how wd you jet wash around the pond ? I think the pond is gonna be full with debris ?! lol

is it a pool or pond ,if its a pool you might have to get out the budgie smugglers and blast from standing in the pool :laugh: maybe the customer has a canopy ,

mosmatic fsc with a vac port would save you going for a swim & cut down the amount of **** getting in the pool

true smurf but your talking serious coin for that set up , personally i wouldnt go near that job with a washer , id spray the area with hypo and a quick scrub with a deck brush then leave it dwell for 30 mins and a qiuck rinse with a garden hose , any flloded areas could be easily removed with a wet and dry vac

mosmatic fsc with a vac port would save you going for a swim & cut down the amount of **** getting in the pool
If the customer wont be in I can go for a swim before the water will get mucky : )

He is still waiting for my answer - but I don't think Im ready to take that job as never worked around a pool especially using HYPO or any other chemicals

and besides - it is 28 miles away

theres no problem using hypo near the pool because sodium hypochlorite is the chemical that is used to treat the water in swimming pools , dont be afraid to tackle that job sdrah as you will be surprised how straight forward it will be , as they say sometimes you got to throw yourself into the deep end :rofl:

I would quote around £440 myself including a free window clean /emoticons/biggrin.png

Travel costs & fuel = £80

Pressure washer fuel = £30

Hypo = £50

Labour = £280

Total = £440

25% arsehole charge included as you do:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my god Smurf we just agree with £140 for the lot ... i know is cheap however I dont feel confident yet and I assume it will take me 3 hrs and I thought 40 quid per hr should be ok to get the experience .... what about HYPO which costs money too and fuel etc .. I fooled myself ..

Don't worry as £140 is better than nothing as like you say you can have a play.:thumbsup:

I'm after a new washer like yours so hence my quote /emoticons/biggrin.png

oh my god Smurf we just agree with £140 for the lot ... i know is cheap however I dont feel confident yet and I assume it will take me 3 hrs and I thought 40 quid per hr should be ok to get the experience .... what about HYPO which costs money too and fuel etc .. I fooled myself ..

Don't worry as £140 is better than nothing as like you say you can have a play.:thumbsup:
I'm after a new washer like yours so hence my quote /emoticons/biggrin.png
good thanks : )

re: the washer I believe it is not a 21L per min - I will use a bucket / container to test it tomorrow

Seriously though in future you need to breakdown yours overheads so you don't end up out of pocket or end up doing it for next to nothing.

Travel time & fuel = x amount

To travel 28 miles and back which is approx 60 miles round trip if you get lost like I do costs you money in fuel, wear & tear on the van and time sat in the van being none productive whereas you could be out local earning instead.

Pressure washer fuel = x amount

Chems = x amount

Labour = x amount per M2

Materials = x amount (if applicable)

That basically how I would cost a job out like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back