Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm sick of cleaning block pavers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So if you say you would quote £180 for that job which you think is a reasonable price to not use a pressure washer

Take out your travel time & fuel (approx 60 miles round trip), loss of earning sat in the van (approx 2 hours if get caught in traffic), cost of chems and labour then what would that job be really worth to you.

Shall I tell you...It would be worth bugger all.

Then you have to pay income tax to boot /emoticons/biggrin.png

440 yeah right smurf , for 2 hours work:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok guys got it -

I have another job this week so will get a photo again - and hope to price it correctly this time. It is a front of a 7 bedroom house quite big but is local . I thought to charge about about £140 again lol ok gotta go now thanks very much

Could be /emoticons/biggrin.png

That quote was just made up just to prove a point about how to breakdown overheads when quoting as just thinking hourly rate all the time you can soon fall flat on your ****.

I was asked to quote to clean a 3m x 3m bit of block paving today outside of someones terraced house. What do you think I did & how much do you think I quoted for the job including resanding?

I was asked to quote to clean a 3m x 3m bit of block paving today outside of someones terraced house. What do you think I did & how much do you think I quoted for the job including resanding?
£100 ? : )

what about this

Front only

2014_05_20_07_08_21.jpg

Chap was in yesterday afternoon so made sure he was before calling in to see him. I had to go past his house anyway whilst working so no special trip was required.

Travel time = nil

When I arrived he wanted just another quote to clean & resand that pissy bit of paving as he already had 1 quote so mine was the 2nd. So I gave him a price and then he said someone else was also coming out too.

What would you have done? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
what about this
Front only

2014_05_20_07_08_21.jpg

That looks like coloured tarmac so if you use a washer on that it might take the colour out of the surface and look pants afterwards. Going by the pic it is already starting to go patchy in places.

I did a similar drive that was huge and made sure the owners understood the fact that yes I would clean it but I will not be held responsible how it looked afterwards which they agreed.

Anyone?

Chap was in yesterday afternoon so made sure he was before calling in to see him. I had to go past his house anyway whilst working so no special trip was required.Travel time = nil

When I arrived he wanted just another quote to clean & resand that pissy but of paving as he already had 1 quote so mine was the 2nd. So I gave him a price and then he said someone else was also coming out too.

What would you have done? :rolleyes:

personally if i know that a customer is getting several quotes then i tell them that theres an estimate charge and if the work is done by me then its deductable of the price of the job , if they dont agree to this then i wont bother quoting , most of these types are out for the cheapest quote they can get . regardless i cant see you getting that job smurf with your high end pricing :laugh:

I just used my charm and said seems I'm already here I can do it now for you for x amount instead if you want to save me calling back. I will also give you the sand so you can resand it yourself to which he agreed.

No extra travel - I did the job there and then

No cost of sand - The half bag I gave him was from another job I had left over that morning.

No need for an outside tap on that one - I now have a seperate pressure washer buffer tank in my van

No need to unload the washer - it can be setup and run from the back of the van.

Done and dusted in 15 mins also included a free front windows clean as you do.

Customer was more than happy so was I.... Ching ching /emoticons/biggrin.png

That looks like coloured tarmac so if you use a washer on that it might take the colour out of the surface and look pants afterwards. Going by the pic it is already starting to go patchy in places.
I did a similar drive that was huge and made sure the owners understood the fact that yes I would clean it but I will not be held responsible how it looked afterwards which they agreed.
sorry - I didn't mention , the brick wall itself needs to be cleaned not the drive - the front of the house

i ripped off the ivy few days ago and the customer wants it jet washed

Last edited:
imo you would get better results on the brickwork with treating it with hypo ,unless you have a telescopic lance powerwashing would still do it

imo you would get better results on the brickwork with treating it with hypo ,unless you have a telescopic lance powerwashing would still do it
Ive got a telescopic lance however is for my old jet washer which has maximum 140 BAR would that be enough ? what is to do a spray with HYPO leave it for 20 min then rinse it at 80 - 100 BAR ?

my only concern is the hedges - I don't want to soak them in hypo ?!

if you wet the hedge with water first then treat the brickwork and when finished spray more water over the hedging and it will be fine , that jetwasher will be good enough to rinse the hypo off , just remember that the windows will have to be covered up with plastic as to protect the glass from the hypo , also make sure your well protected yourself . i look forward to the after pic sdrah

If using a washer on brickwork you run the risk of bricks & mortar turning white due to salt being released which is called efflorescence

This is an example of a efflorescence house. /emoticons/biggrin.png

efflorescence-problems_clip_image011.jpg

Now do you still want to pressure wash the walls of that house? :rolleyes:

sorry - I didn't mention , the brick wall itself needs to be cleaned not the drive - the front of the house
i ripped off the ivy few days ago and the customer wants it jet washed

If using a washer on brickwork you run the risk of bricks & mortor turning white due to salt being relased which is called efflorescenceThis is an example of a efflorescence house /emoticons/biggrin.png

efflorescence-problems_clip_image011.jpg
That's not correct information - The salts in brickwork are there (on some bricks), they aren't released by the act of pressure washing, some brick are more susceptible to salt build up than others. The house front that has been posted is only green with an algae build up and would easily be pressure washed, with the pressure washer & lance. There would be no need for hypo and it would not turn white with salts.

Back