Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

sore arm

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gwindows1

Hi the last few time I've been using my pole i seem to be getting sore at the elbow on the inside of my arm and down towards my hand and that was only five hours of work the day . Its just been since i got my new pole never had it happen with the old pole ,any ideas what this is causing this ???? my old pole was heavier than the new one:puke::puke::puke:

Golfers elbow mate. If its traveling up your arm, its not good.Its usually gradual. Then gets worse, then worse. Gets where you cant lift a kettle or wipe your bum...serious! Operation is fantastic and lasts about 5 years.

Start taking glucosamine sulphate, EVERY DAY. After 3 months it will take a lot of pain away. I took oils also.

Cant see new pole doing it, if its just the same. Try switching arms.

I got it from plastering. Massive strain.

WFP isn't a bad strain, so manage it and you should be ok. Hold pole better

I once got tennis elbow from using wfp. Lasted 12 months & haven't had it since, I don't want it either!! Ends up affecting your ability to grip, couldn't even lift my work flask one handed at it's worst! Do you get pain in your arm if you clench your fist?

This is worrying reading this thread. I started Wfp nearly 6 months ago and at the same time I hit the weights hard in the gym (never lifted weights before) i've been getting that exact pain on the inner side of the elbowon both sides it's unmistakeable. I've sacked off the gym three weeks ago and it has eased a bit but to be honest I thought it was going to disappear after a week.

This is worrying reading this thread. I started Wfp nearly 6 months ago and at the same time I hit the weights hard in the gym (never lifted weights before) i've been getting that exact pain on the inner side of the elbowon both sides it's unmistakeable. I've sacked off the gym three weeks ago and it has eased a bit but to be honest I thought it was going to disappear after a week.
So did I. A customer told me it would last 12 months before naturally healing & funnily enough it was almost exactly 12 months. Physio did naff all either.

Over gripping the pole? is it a different diameter to previous pole? We probably all neglect our bodies and dont stretch our forearms after a busy day, which doesnt help. Arms may get used to it in time.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/rehabilitation-exercises/stretching-exercises/wrist-flexor-stretch

Get some oil/cream and work from hand to the elbow into the muscle,clench your fist and you will feel with other hand cupping forearm what muscles are working to massage, or go for a sports massage, may help.

One of these may help, but not to be relied on all the time http://www.amazon.co.uk/Golfers-Removable-Pressure-Neo-Physio/dp/B00687TDU2?SubscriptionId=AKIAIQWHH4HRPK7LRQTQ&tag=ip-bd-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00687TDU2&ascsubtag=Forearm000Support

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I can only echo what @windowsurfer said: stretching our muscles is really important. We do repetitive work, same movements everyday, the muscles participating tend to tighten, resting on its own won't help.

I stretch my shoulder muscles too, I aim to do them every morning, sometimes even after doing a couple hours work.

this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Also windowsurfer's first link.

I second that at the moment I am recovering from sore back its been a week and its getting better now but once ita healed completely I am going to religiously exercise my back shoulders and arms for 10 minutes before work and after work every day. I dont want the pain I had a week ago EVER again i was in agony.

You've gotta be carefull with using poles especially doing awkward windows above conny roofs, when the pole is working horizontally in front of you, being struggling with terrible shoulder pain, also cars in front of windows are not good get em moved when possible

It didn't go after 12 months for me :devil:

Tried injections etc etc.

YOU MUST WARM UP IN A MORNING.

I don't anymore.When my pain was at its worst, I had to bend my fingers back while driving.

Google the stretches.

It doesn't normally heal if its getting the same train every day. If you stopped the gym etc, that could aid healing.

After my last opp, that was exercises done for the rest of my life. Ride bikes ok. Press up etc just start my arms off again.

Stay young people. It doesn't last long /emoticons/sad.png

I get the same pain too. Around inner side of elbow and shoulder aswell. I've started to be careful with the pole when extended. As its a long 'lever' and puts immense strain on joints / muscles etc. If reaching over conservatory roofs to get to windows, try and let the glass take the weight of the pole and rinse 'on' the glass rather than lifting it off and holding it whilst rinsing. If extending pole rest it where you can and don't let your body take all the weight. I've found by following these rules, my joints feel a wee bit better. Stay safe and healthy peeps !

Get a wheat bag and microwave it and wrap.round elbow

Once warm do some stretching excercises that you.can google

I did it once and healed in 4 months with that recommendation froma physio

Still get little twinges but not much

One good excercise i always use is this

For example if it was your left arm stand against the kitchen worktop sideways with the worktop against your left hip

Twist your hand and wrist as far clockwise (inwards) as possible and put palm flat on worktop

Keeping arm straight move your body so you are twisting away from worktop with left hip and moving right hip towards worktop so your elbow and arm is twisting even further than it was originally and hold for 30 seconds..repeat a few times

Feels sore but really helps loosen the muscles

Back