Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is roof cleaning a con and what's the best way to do it?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Aye you are right, £500 should be the minimum but its my first roof clean so I need the practice. Lovely day for it, no wind and woman just wanted a cash job. House next door is up for sale so I may get that because the roof comes up like new. If I got a roof clean each week then I would be very happy at real prices.

Well I did that 5 bed detached today and it took all day. Never again will I do it in one day because you spend hours cleaning up after its cleaned. Instead of £600 I will be looking for 1200 over two days, one day to clean the back and one day to clean the front. Not bothered if I don't get it because it is hard graft and I even snapped one head of my twin turbo so more water went on me rather than the roof. Finished it off with my single turbo nozzle and then I realized the difference in power but it was less heavy. Took a few photos for my website which the customer was happy about. Posting this because I have cramp in my thigh with sitting on the ridge too long and admiring the view. :1f633:

aa1.jpg

Buying a new 1500mm lance and will try a bend it to make it good for roof cleaning. The other two lances are too straight and the FSC would need to hoover above the tiles. Longer one is needed I think for roof cleaning.

Well I did that 5 bed detached today and it took all day. Never again will I do it in one day because you spend hours cleaning up after its cleaned. Instead of £600 I will be looking for 1200 over two days, one day to clean the back and one day to clean the front. Not bothered if I don't get it because it is hard graft and I even snapped one head of my twin turbo so more water went on me rather than the roof. Finished it off with my single turbo nozzle and then I realized the difference in power but it was less heavy. Took a few photos for my website which the customer was happy about. Posting this because I have cramp in my thigh with sitting on the ridge too long and admiring the view. :1f633:

View attachment 16041
So you would charge 1200 for this place? For a 2 day job? 

Have tou you ever tried a flat surface cleaner on a telescopic pole? Do they work well? 

How did you access the roof? With ladders and roof ladders? 

Cheers

Can you pressure wash and type of tile or do you have to be mindful of certain types? Obviously slate being one of them.

Latest Posts

Back