Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It’s to hot for working

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just a little tip a builder mate told me years ago.

Fill a bottle full of squash leaving a small gap at top, freeze it the night before and then when working on a hot day it will slowly defrost giving you a nice cold drink all day.

I take 2 bottles out a day in this heat.

Fill a bottle full of squash leaving a small gap at top, freeze it the night before and then when working on a hot day it will slowly defrost giving you a nice cold drink all day.

The problem with this is the water melts before the cordial. I always have a 2 litre bottle of blackcurrant cordial in a cool bag with ice packs, even in winter but without ice packs. On trips away I take anything up to 8x2l bottles with 6 of them frozen. Dehydration is very tiring and dangerous.

Someone has to show you Londoners how to clean windows properly ?
When you find someone who can let me know.

I take a 2l bottle like that every day.

The problem with this is the water melts before the cordial. I always have a 2 litre bottle of blackcurrant cordial in a cool bag with ice packs, even in winter but without ice packs. On trips away I take anything up to 8x2l bottles with 6 of them frozen. Dehydration is very tiring and dangerous.
had a proper bollocking while on exercise in the army for getting ill through dehydration.. such a simple thing to avoid but dangerous if you let it happen.

That and sunburn is a big no no.

Not going until about 8am now as can't be arsed to drive for 2 hrs now when I have beers here.

Camping until sunday so will just get there early tomorrow. 

Wifes cousin sent a vid of st ives in the sun today.

Looks like it could be the Caribbean with the crystal clear see and bright sunshine.

Can't wait till I go to lizard later in the year.

It's still too hot now.. hard to sleep at the mo so just get pished every night so I pass out.

View attachment 21622
I was in St. Ives two weeks back. Wife took this picture from the sea wall. Beautiful (the seal not the wife)

5619C8F3-DF0E-4537-9761-9482B426F47A.png

Way too hot. ok for a bit if you can get any early starts. Did a conny roof this morning, lucky a small one, but I was soaked in sweat in minutes. Lot of my mates drink a fair bit every night, but I find i cant handle the next day in this. (still have my wkend beers mind) looking forward to a thunderstorm beer, all our lawns are just dirt now, water running low. We'll have to set up that pipeline soon to poach the northerners water. They have more than enough ?

Back