Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It’s to hot for working

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Way too hot. ok for a bit if you can get any early starts. Did a conny roof this morning, lucky a small one, but I was soaked in sweat in minutes. Lot of my mates drink a fair bit every night, but I find i cant handle the next day in this. (still have my wkend beers mind) looking forward to a thunderstorm beer, all our lawns are just dirt now, water running low. We'll have to set up that pipeline soon to poach the northerners water. They have more than enough ?
We got 6 weeks rain in 8hrs last night so you are welcome to it. ?

There’s two Os in too innit?
He is grammatically correct.

He likes to use damp towels.

To use too it would be "I like to use damp towels too" (as in also).

Unless you mean the thread title in which case you are correct but you didn't quote that.

Sorry I've had a beer and being mr pedantic lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s to hot for work this week. Luckily I’m having a week in Cromer with my 3 grown up daughters and their husbands and partners and grandkids. This is much better than working. Just been on the pier crabbing followed by a big ole lunch for half price!!  Now time for an afternoon nap!!
@Markyboy 50 I have relatives that live about two miles from Cromer. Lovely part of the world. Enjoy your holiday with your family mate.

He is grammatically correct.

He likes to use damp towels.

To use too it would be "I like to use damp towels too" (as in also).

Unless you mean the thread title in which case you are correct but you didn't quote that.

Sorry I've had a beer and being mr pedantic lol.
The amount of people that confuse ‘to’ with ‘too’ is amazing two me ?

We got 6 weeks rain in 8hrs last night so you are welcome to it. ?
still no rain here. 30 degrees and the earth is parched. funny when you see certain grass cutters going round cutting but only a few hardy weeds getting cut. I think I read that these areas have the same annual rainfall as israel. There are pockets getting a drenching but its patchy. Anyone know of any Indians can do a raindance? ?️

On a very sad note Dave. One of my daughters colleagues drowned in the sea just up the road from hemsby ( at waxham) on Sunday. She was only 37!
That's awful mate, lots of people end up in serious situations just because they don't actually know what's happening.

Went bridge jumping the other day, place was packed, just 5 minutes after I got there one kid got pushed out into deep water by a current then was trying to swim back against it, lost all energy and started screaming "dad help". As you could imagine, this kids parents were no where to be seen. About 100 people just staring at this kid, I'm thinking is anyone about to help this kid or not? I quickly realised no one was, seen as I know this place quite well I sprinted in to this water (the swim there was against the current, but I'm a fairly strong swimmer), by the time I got to him he was just about going under. Pulled him up, told him to relax himself, took him back to the side where I came from with the current and then returned him to the opposite side. This little guy didn't relax at all throughout any of it so by the time I got back to the river bank I was absolutely shattered myself too - another 10m of water probably wouldn't have gone well.

Just a scary thought that out of 100+ people I was the only one willing to go in for this kid. It's really important to know that just because a place is busy, doesn't mean it's safe. I had to help another kid and a man out 15 minutes later after the man tried helping the kid then got tired himself. By the end of the day everybody must have thought I was a life guard for the place

That's awful mate, lots of people end up in serious situations just because they don't actually know what's happening.

Went bridge jumping the other day, place was packed, just 5 minutes after I got there one kid got pushed out into deep water by a current then was trying to swim back against it, lost all energy and started screaming "dad help". As you could imagine, this kids parents were no where to be seen. About 100 people just staring at this kid, I'm thinking is anyone about to help this kid or not? I quickly realised no one was, seen as I know this place quite well I sprinted in to this water (the swim there was against the current, but I'm a fairly strong swimmer), by the time I got to him he was just about going under. Pulled him up, told him to relax himself, took him back to the side where I came from with the current and then returned him to the opposite side. This little guy didn't relax at all throughout any of it so by the time I got back to the river bank I was absolutely shattered myself too - another 10m of water probably wouldn't have gone well.

Just a scary thought that out of 100+ people I was the only one willing to go in for this kid. It's really important to know that just because a place is busy, doesn't mean it's safe. I had to help another kid and a man out 15 minutes later after the man tried helping the kid then got tired himself. By the end of the day everybody must have thought I was a life guard for the place
Really lucky you were there at the time. 

Really lucky you were there at the time. 
I'm so glad I was, if I'm completely honest I was going for a dip to slap me out of a bit of a hangover. Ended up not even feeling the water when I sprinted in because of the adrenaline I assume ? did wake me up though

On my 7th bottle of westons vintage now.. feeling slightly worse for wear in my tent lol.

20200813_230924.jpg

I am like the grammar police lol.. does my nut in.

Like there, their and they're. 
I see a lot of  spelling errors on here, hope it is probably a lot to do with using phones to message. If not our education when it comes to English in schools is getting worse. Wonder why that could be.

Both yours and @Teddington Window Cleaners topic was merged by me as two topics on the same subject were created within hours as @Teddington Window Cleaners creates his within the members only section his topic took automatic priority. 
I see. But they weren’t on the same subject at all. Mine was on about doing things with family instead of working and his was about keeping cool during the heatwave. Nothing in common at all!

I see a lot of  spelling errors on here, hope it is probably a lot to do with using phones to message. If not our education when it comes to English in schools is getting worse. Wonder why that could be.
And I think a lot of it is that the standard of teaching isn't what it used to be.

Back