Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It’s to hot for working

WCF

Help Support WCF:

And I think a lot of it is that the standard of teaching isn't what it used to be.
Its just evolution, we are in a time where everything must be done as quickly as possible so words get cut down. I got my tank system fitted last year and they rushed it because they were very busy. Got home and things didn't work, I knew the reason. When I do a job quickly, I don't leave the same finish because I'm going above my optimum which means I'm heading down the way. That's the reason big companies don't leave a good finish and later on it comes back to haunt them. We see it up here when they build new hospitals, not one has been built right since the Nats got in. They will not let the job go over budget so it doesn't get built right.

Its just evolution, we are in a time where everything must be done as quickly as possible so words get cut down. I got my tank system fitted last year and they rushed it because they were very busy. Got home and things didn't work, I knew the reason. When I do a job quickly, I don't leave the same finish because I'm going above my optimum which means I'm heading down the way. That's the reason big companies don't leave a good finish and later on it comes back to haunt them. We see it up here when they build new hospitals, not one has been built right since the Nats got in. They will not let the job go over budget so it doesn't get built right.
I know, had a van service/oilchange few weeks back. Then a week ago noticed oil. I think it was the bloke hadnt tightened it up properly but couldnt prove this. so an extra £40 for him. My mate had exact same thing with a different garage at the same time. Outrageous really. Would do it myself but am hopeless with engines and things like that. Leave it to the experts but youd think they get paid enough to do it properly. It was the owner, its his own business so must be on a fair wage with their labour costs.

I know, had a van service/oilchange few weeks back. Then a week ago noticed oil. I think it was the bloke hadnt tightened it up properly but couldnt prove this. so an extra £40 for him. My mate had exact same thing with a different garage at the same time. Outrageous really. Would do it myself but am hopeless with engines and things like that. Leave it to the experts but youd think they get paid enough to do it properly. It was the owner, its his own business so must be on a fair wage with their labour costs.
I think I know what happened as it happened to me every year till last year. You used to get a new washer with an oil filter but you don't now. The sump plug has a compression washer built into the bolt or plug as its known. Every-time you do an oil change, you need to buy a new plug with washer built in. No mechanic I know ever buys one so they just use the old one which will never seal properly. Every year it was happening to me so I decided to investigate it. Ended up buying a thick rubber washer and spend an hour boring the centre out to 12mm and put it on the plug and never had an issue again. How can buying a new sump plug and washer combination be good for the environment when nothing wrong with old one. Its only good for the company that makes the plugs who are selling all year round, well apart from me. ?

The sump plug has a compression washer built into the bolt or plug as its known. Every-time you do an oil change, you need to buy a new plug with washer built in.
Simple, it saves the manufacturers time and allows them to charge extra for 'service items'. In the 'old' days you either bought a new washer or annealed the old copper one to be soft again!!

It's all about the manufacturers making money. 

I hate to think what 'service items' will be 'required' for electric vehicles!!!! Manufacturers will need their money at service time so what are we going to have to pay for? 

Simple, it saves the manufacturers time and allows them to charge extra for 'service items'. In the 'old' days you either bought a new washer or annealed the old copper one to be soft again!!

It's all about the manufacturers making money. 

I hate to think what 'service items' will be 'required' for electric vehicles!!!! Manufacturers will need their money at service time so what are we going to have to pay for? 
Safe electric trutouch gloves so they don't get a shock. Boss of Audi was telling my customer how dire things will get for them when all the cars are battery. All they will change is the tyres and test the voltage on the battery. Car industry has been booming for 60yrs so the cycle has changed and will continually go down. Its like Hong Kong which has been booming for decades and we didn't see them ranting and raving about all the money they were making, even the hotel limousines were Roll Royces but the good times are well and truly over and will only get worse for them no matter how loud they shout.

I see. But they weren’t on the same subject at all. Mine was on about doing things with family instead of working and his was about keeping cool during the heatwave. Nothing in common at all!
The same or similar topics will be merged unfortunately that's how it is they would have both end covering all aspects of the hot weather, I had intended for yours to be the primary topic but it didn't work out like that which was my fault to a point. 

Latest Posts

Back