Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Joining Checkatrade.com

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@scottish cleaning service you use the term 'pays for itself' but I do hope you are not working just to pay them. If there's no profits is it worth it just to pay them? 

Re your web site talk to Yazz at https://wayupseo.co.uk he is a fellow Scotsman and not at all expensive. He will get your rankings going the right way. 

Understand what you are saying Darren but I am far too busy now. Checkatrade gets me roof cleans and the odd powerwash in Posh Areas. Its made me over a few thousand so I am very happy with it. Going to get a hotwater system fitted by Grippatank soon so I can slow down. Hurt my back Monday and only getting better now so I will be out cleaning windows but taking my time. Going to buy a back support right now from Amazon. :1f609:

Just found out Homserve have bought 40% of Checkatrade and have changed the website to an App format. They are having an issue with it because it's rubbish. I want to leave but I'm tied till August and are not letting me go so I either see a lawyer or leave in August. There website was doing well and they had to change it, I heard they are losing a lot of traders because of the new format. I think they will go under unless they revert back to the old system. This year I have not had a single viewer on their site so its now a waste of money. They will not revert back to my old banner page which i really liked. ?

My checkatrade says no views but I’m still getting calls through it fwiw. I think the problem lies with the registering of people viewing the page not people actually not viewing it.

Got my renewal in from Checkatrade.com and they wanted £150 a month after I was paying £84 a month. They said I had two searches window cleaning and pvc cleaning. They would cut it down to £110 a month if I signed up for another year but I don't need them now because I have built up a customer base. The last two years with them has been worth it but I can use the money to build myself a better website. These sites are good for starting up but not needed once you get established.

Got my renewal in from Checkatrade.com and they wanted £150 a month after I was paying £84 a month. They said I had two searches window cleaning and pvc cleaning. They would cut it down to £110 a month if I signed up for another year but I don't need them now because I have built up a customer base. The last two years with them has been worth it but I can use the money to build myself a better website. These sites are good for starting up but not needed once you get established.
I'm not sure how it works exactly with Checkatrade, but can you tell exactly how many referrals you had from them, say for the last 4 weeks or any other period?

Basically, if you're paying £150/month, is there any way to find out what you're getting out of it in exact numbers? Some kind of tracking system, statistics on their website?

I'm not sure how it works exactly with Checkatrade, but can you tell exactly how many referrals you had from them, say for the last 4 weeks or any other period?

Basically, if you're paying £150/month, is there any way to find out what you're getting out of it in exact numbers? Some kind of tracking system, statistics on their website?
Your Visitors

3w

3m

3y

W/C 15th Jun12   23 viewers

W/C 22nd Jun11    12 viewers

W/C 29th Jun8        11 viewers

The problem I have, I'm a one man band so had to work 7 days a week to keep up. It affects your health so I have to come off it because I was getting too much work from it. I'm not on Yell and my website is basic so most of my work came through Checkatrade. Even if they kept it at £84 a month I would have had to come off because I have bought all the equipment I need to run my business and my windows now takes 8 days a month to complete.

Your Visitors

3w

3m

3y

W/C 15th Jun12   23 viewers

W/C 22nd Jun11    12 viewers

W/C 29th Jun8        11 viewers

The problem I have, I'm a one man band so had to work 7 days a week to keep up. It affects your health so I have to come off it because I was getting too much work from it. I'm not on Yell and my website is basic so most of my work came through Checkatrade. Even if they kept it at £84 a month I would have had to come off because I have bought all the equipment I need to run my business and my windows now takes 8 days a month to complete.
You can only do so much yourself, so if you are getting the work and want to expand, then the only way forward is to hire someone, otherwise you'll never grow. However, if you are happy being just on your own, then that's totally fine.

So if someone viewed your ad on Checkatrader and called you, how would you know that the customer came to you through them?

And were they mostly good calls turning into jobs, or people asking silly questions/wasting time?

You can only do so much yourself, so if you are getting the work and want to expand, then the only way forward is to hire someone, otherwise you'll never grow. However, if you are happy being just on your own, then that's totally fine.

So if someone viewed your ad on Checkatrader and called you, how would you know that the customer came to you through them?

And were they mostly good calls turning into jobs, or people asking silly questions/wasting time?
Usually quality jobs from people who want a job done right, money not a problem. A lot of professionals use it because of trust. Jobs can be over 10 miles though. I don't want to hire anyone full-time but I do have folk to help me. You either get an email from them or a phone call. Recently they posted out cards around where I stayed and I could notice the difference. If I get quiet again then I would re-join them but my window cleaning business is growing each week now so can't see it happening.

Back