Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just a quick hello & after abit of info please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sorry jake I was talking to green pro clean (not sure how to tag people on here - I'm just a beginner haha)

No probs!

You just click 'quote' on there post, or to alert them put the @ sign and then there name...

@DiwrnachBecause small vans are always based on the company's family car chassis... Well most of the time anyway, so they can't actually hold that much weight...

It's not until you get up to the bigger vans that you get the proper payloads, and a purpose built chassis that's up to the job

My connect is based on the c170 platform, a focus basically!

All the other manufacturers do the same... VW caddy, just a golf/touran etc etc

I'd love a pickup, but the van is more practical for load space, so a van it is...
Makes sense, never paid attention to vans tbh so was surprised at the payload.

My pick up isn't perfect but it works, also it's great in the winter when most people get snowed in or ice on back roads round here in the sticks.

By my measuring etc I will be able to have a 350l full van mount with plenty of room to spare.

If you are working alone, you wont need a 650. A 400 is enough, but 650 for 2 workers. Go for a transit size van, best to have to much room than not enough

The most I've ever used is around 300 in a day and that was 8 til 9 and the back pack ran none stop the whole time apart from refilling.

I have a SWB Renault Trafic / Viavro.

I have a 500L tank in mine and and my flow control set to minimise water loss.

I do an average of 25 jobs daily and only refill every other day.

The only time i will get through 500L in a day is when on some of the large contracts i do such as university campus or i also have a couple of major apartment blocks that take 2-3 days to do once a year and i will easily use 500 then but otherwise 200-250.

From the impression i get of your business based solely on the limited information you've put here I think 650l is a bit of overkill mate. Just my opinion.

P.S. Inhave found that my optimal flow rate 'at the brush' is 1L per minute for a really nice good result.

Anyyhimg past that is just waste water as you wont get the glass any cleaner.

So at 1L per min with 500L that gives you 8 1/2 hours of flow. Mostnof us would be lucky tomspend 4 hours cleaning, rest of the day goes on driving talking lunch etc.

@Green Pro Clean Ltd I've got a 750l tank, lasts all week, and I now use 3mm pencil jets and 75 on the flow controller, fast flow is soooo much faster for rinsing, love it,

When I first went wfp, I was on 38 on the flow controller, and it took about 90 years to rinse a window, sometimes 92 years

(I have to have a massive tank for some of the commercial jobs I do which use 700 odd litres or more, but usually I stick 500 litres in it to keep the payload safe)

Makes sense, never paid attention to vans tbh so was surprised at the payload.
My pick up isn't perfect but it works, also it's great in the winter when most people get snowed in or ice on back roads round here in the sticks.

By my measuring etc I will be able to have a 350l full van mount with plenty of room to spare.
@Diwrnach

I'm jealous, although I love my van, I really wanted a pickup like yours, but I couldn't fit the right size tank etc, also I found the pickups don't have a very high load area, so everything needs to be very flat...

Just didn't work for me, but I would love one!! There's a guy round my way with one, and he uses a trailer system, so he can fit other bits in the pickup, but he admits a trailer system isn't much fun, or that practical...

@Green Pro Clean Ltd I've got a 750l tank, lasts all week, and I now use 3mm pencil jets and 75 on the flow controller, fast flow is soooo much faster for rinsing, love it,
When I first went wfp, I was on 38 on the flow controller, and it took about 90 years to rinse a window, sometimes 92 years

(I have to have a massive tank for some of the commercial jobs I do which use 700 odd litres or more, but usually I stick 500 litres in it to keep the payload safe)
750L lasts you all week?

I was thinking the same… 750L lasts you all week? That can't be right surely. Even at a low usage of 1 litre a min thats only giving you 12 hours work? I know you have a on/off button but even with that I could no way make 750L last all week if working each day. Must be easy windows and frames lol.

When I first started I could empty a 600l tank on a day easily.

I've just changed vans and put a 400 l tank in. It's a smaller van with a 700kg payload. I could have got away with 500l but didn't need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back