Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Legal Question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Advertising in the area and potential to work in an area might be breach of contract though, but then again....

ALL THIS TALK IS IRRELEVANT THOUGH TIL WE SEE THE CONTRACT! LOLOL

Mr B, see an expert, cause this is a wast of time imho.

I did ask in the original post if anyone had been in this situation but as yet no one who has posted yet has been so you are wasting your own time by your choice :Image9:

Contracts have to be reasonable to be binding so yes it is a serious question.

I am seeing someone about it but I just wanted to know if anyone else had been it this position, it was a simple question :Image13:

No I haven't old boy and take it by what response you have received thus far they haven't either .

However I did sign osa a long time ago which just so happens to be a binding contract untill the day I die but for obvious reasons I can't say anymore on the matter :Image13:

You actually asked two questions, one being "can they legally stop you from setting up on your own?"

This is the question everyone has been answering. Clearly no one has been in the same situation or your second question would also have been answered.

You actually asked two questions, one being "can they legally stop you from setting up on your own?" This is the question everyone has been answering. Clearly no one has been in the same situation or your second question would also have been answered.
Are you sure they have been answering the question, I'm pretty sure that generally there has been a voicing of opinions instead,,,,,,,,,,,,

and on that happy note I am now going to thank everyone for there help............. cheers fellas

Once you stop working for the company your contract is terminated ie. it no longer exists. It's therefore impossible to tie you to and you are free to work wherever you like. The clause in the contract is there as a scare tactic. That's why top bosses get huge payoffs which incorporate a period of salary (6 months say). This means the contract is still valid for that period so they can't work.
I missed this first time round, the law reads like this but with the odd exception, I have a family friend who is a lawyer and they are going to have a look at it but there general feeling is the contract has been made to restrictive there fore will not hold up

I have had this looked at (if anyone is interested) and I was right in my thinking that someone can quiet simply not legitimately block you from a large area especially if they are not giving you a guaranteed income, nor can a contract be too one sided which this is.

I am posting this for people who seem to think that anything written on a piece of paper then signed will carry weight in a court of law

Back