Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidated that's my liquidators

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don't get me wrong like you said there is plenty of people who window clean who really can't
I like the tool it's self and hats off to bob
But some people don't want to work that way
Each to there own
Like you said if the customer is happy who gives a rats ear [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Here we are using an original liquidator fixed handle.

Might also point out that never use fixed handles squeegees..

But since they send me one to try thought give it a go.

Seemed to work better then the swivel Moeman WHY?

I'm having the same arguement with my father in law who's been a windy for 25 years, still uses a standard unger channel. He does not get on with my liquidator, get lines and not enough slip. Yet he gives it to me, I put a touch more soap on and I'm off, no issues. The technique is a bit different to any other channel, and 20+ years of muscle memory is hard to undo, so once you settle into it, the muscle memory kicks in a the trouble begins. Then you start worrying, so you start doing all the things your used to doing to fix it, which then makes it worse. Once you re learn the muscle memory it's a great tool.

Yes this is the same technique as me sometimes there is an unexplained trail on the very tips the first I was really aware of this was when I cleaned my own house Windows after I had cleaned them they looked perfect I could not see any lines I mean I thought it looked cleaned to perfection the next day when l woke up looked out the window 6 feet by 3 feet window from the inside shock a Rooney it looking like Glasgow central station only with more lines I had to shut the curtains real quick so her in doors doesn't think I was a pure nummpty so after further investigation I could notice a fine trail on the edges of the moerman liquidators channel it only because I have acquirered a heightened state of awareness when it comes to looking at my work I would love it to be my technique so I could sort it that would be good but I can't see it  ill be honest I can't understand pols and bladz videos he speaks more about how good he is than actually explaining in slow motion how different his technique is to us mere mortals 

I caught this train wreck of a video yesterday. SteveO has never made a secret of the fact that he's no Liquidator Fan but quite honestly this is just a joke. The 14" brass on it's own is far too heavy so with the Fliq attached it will be like pivoting a brick with a toothpick. The 18' is even  more uncontrollable. Luke I believe uses the SS Ettore which out of sheer irritation I've tried as well. Really not that much better. What I find so frustrating about this sort of BS is that they have very large subscription bases that believe they're the 'cats pyjamas' and hang on every word they utter. Next thing we'll be fielding is a bunch of ******* weeping and gnashing their teeth because the handle is failing.  IF, and I mean IF you honestly can't get on with the Liquidator but really like the Excelerator then the perfect standard channel to use with it would be the Steccone Featherlights. I've tried it with 14, 16 and 18 and they work beautifully with the Excelerator handle either fixed or pivoting. ...you're still going to have some detailing to do however.

Had nothing but poor results when using my 14" liquidator, frustrating really as its an awesome squeegee and the detailing doesn't exist around the edges.

But I am back on the wagtail and don't have any trouble whatsoever.

Wish I could work the bugger out!

Might as well toss in my 2p. Then duck and cover.  

A skilled window cleaner will use any channel / handle / rubber combo straight out the box and get good results.  Why not cause the tools good but cause a skilled window cleaner is trained and experienced enough to get a good result regardless.  

I personally do not like any of the offerings from Moerman. I have had most of them and given them away.  No the don't leave lines, yes my 'technique' is fine I simply think they are c.r.a.p.  

I use S-Plus channels with XL handles and a zero degree handle when needed.  I also have a collection of wagtails for pole work. 

However this is all a moot point as we no longer trad...... yep that's right if it can't be done WFP we don't do it.  Insides? 3m spray and scrims. 

I use my 10” combinator on internals no problems works perfect zero or near to zero detailing. 

when using 14” which is very rare for internals I prefer the unger S channels over the 14” liquidators.

Also for large internal windows 20’ high by 3’ wide I use brite internal glass and plastic cleaner or just pure water with vikan easy shine kit with gardiner pole adapter.

Had nothing but poor results when using my 14" liquidator, frustrating really as its an awesome squeegee and the detailing doesn't exist around the edges.

But I am back on the wagtail and don't have any trouble whatsoever.

Wish I could work the bugger out!
Put your liquidator into the Wagtail.

Because, the Wagtail is a better squeegee. I work with a pad attached so in that way it is better, but now and again I use a standard liquidator.
Do you think it might have something to do with the swivel movement???

As see you said you use the standard fix handle liquidator now and then..

is the liquidator rubber hard and that's why I can't get to grips with it. I can't see by unger soft rubber and my unger dogeared basic squeegee. Even the S-plus can't get a better result. I cut my unger rubber inwards at the ends. Maybe its because I'm used to it. Who make's the wagtail? cheers m

The essential key to both of the current manufactured pivot handles is the integrity of the pivot...positive free pivot with zero, nada, zilch, NO free play or slop. Both manufacturers have ignored this crucial point. To blade cleanly you want even pressure along the complete length of the blade at all times. Handle angle, pivot position and position in relation to the ‘Attack’ point of blade on glass all contribute to how well or poorly this is achieved.

The Wagtail slimlines I own have been sliced, diced, chopped and SS washers and smooth shanked bolts used to create a tight but smooth bearing. I use these for 14,16 and 18 Liquidator.

The Excelerator has play in the pivot and at the angle change that annoys the hell out of me. Every so often I reseat the rivet on an anvil and 10 and 12 Liquidators with Fliq are excellent on the pole. In hand? My favourite and ‘go to’ is a 12” Liquidator on an Excelerator. Mines a touch different in that as well as reseating the rivet occasionally I epoxied the handle at the 25° angle. Zero play anywhere. Oh, I also ripped the locking pin out so it’s pivot only.

My dream handle would be an ‘Excelerator Lite’... streamlined jaws for smoother closes out. Adjustable bearinged pivot and fixed 25° handle angle using the shape of the new Snapper handle (the most comfortable in hand grip I’ve ever experienced)... dreams are free I suppose ?

Back