Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidated that's my liquidators

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Had the best results yesterday with the liquidators No lines all day used the same technique changed my squeegee handle from the accelerator to the ettore contour pro ( the bendy one ) used Tesco lemon dish soap in bucket mixed with water and razor red love this handle just now had it for ages 
its like a miracle, small change makes all the difference.

Try just water in the bucket and add the soap direct to the applicator

Slips even better and avoids lines

Julian pierce on youtube tried the contour pro and likes it

Not tried it myself but it may suit some peoples technique better than rigid handles

I have been experimenting trad cleaning upstairs windows with various tools using a trad pole this week. For upstairs windows i find the moerman excellerator/liquidator/fliq combo is better. The wagtail high flyer is also a great tool for downstairs and i prefer it to the moerman for downstairs work but have difficulty using it on upper floors. This is just my personal experience of course. As for the results, 9/10 with the moerman, find the detailing of upper floors hard to master as harder to see so far up compared to downstairs windows. Unless using a ladder i dont think me using a trad pole will ever produce results as good as wfp does as far as upstairs windows goes

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Had the best results yesterday with the liquidators No lines all day used the same technique changed my squeegee handle from the accelerator to the ettore contour pro ( the bendy one ) used Tesco lemon dish soap in bucket mixed with water and razor red love this handle just now had it for ages 
So what does that tell you??

It would appear that the problem may be the Moerman handle?

So what does that tell you??

It would appear that the problem may be the Moerman handle?
So was John using the Excelerator in fixed mode? If not then the comparison isn’t valid. You have to compare apples with apples Herman. It’s no use having a ‘dig’ or coming to a spurious conclusion without all the information. I only ever use the Excelerator in pivot mode. Don’t particularly like the feel or balance as a fixed handle when locked. My previous comments on slop in the angle change and at the pivot point  (and if locked, at the lock point) all contribute to loss of feel and accuracy in hand. The Contour Pro+ indeed works very well with Liquidator but on certain frames present it’s own idiosyncrasies. I find that with the sprung angle, over a long period you tend to tense your forearm too much to maintain your angle of choice but it’s great on deep awkward frames for tidy close outs. Almost all issues some are having with Excelerator/Liquidator combination would be sorted with attention paid to the design and manufacture at the pivot and adjusting mechanisms. By epoxying the angle change and my monitoring and occasional reseating of the riveted pivot pin have reinforced this for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes he had trouble using the Moerman but so as he changed over did not have the problems using the liquidator channel

This is why it seems that it could be the Moerman handle it self. 

You had to do a few adjustments to get to work also.

But as you and I know not everyone can or do not want to muck around trying to fix something that should of been thought through in the designing stage.

I stead of getting people to change the way they would nominally use a squeegee.

Or/ and work around there way they designed it. 

Just say.

Yes he had trouble using the Moerman but so as he changed over did not have the problems using the liquidator channel
Again...was he using Excelerator fixed or pivoting. It takes a lot of practice to perfect the Liquidator in hand with a pivoting handle. Easier on a pole, which of course is what the original design brief on the Excelerator was. 

This is why it seems that it could be the Moerman handle it self. 

You had to do a few adjustments to get to work also.
No. It worked OK straight from the packet. I made a few adjustments because I’m OCD ? The squeak of the angle change drove me insane when using it in hand and it was only after much use that I discovered the importance of the pivot integrity. My adjustments were fine tuning and those observations have been passed on to Moerman.

But as you and I know not everyone can or do not want to muck around trying to fix something that should of been thought through in the designing stage.
Correct. Liquidator channels with the fine tuning that resulted in V2 are excellent and actually worked well from initial release. Excelerator, in general is an excellent handle also. I would suggest as a first production release with many more features than Wagtail has ever had they did pretty darn well in the ‘designing stage’

I stead of getting people to change the way they would nominally use a squeegee.

Or/ and work around there way they designed it. 

Just say.
I have no problem with modifying/fine tuning the way I work if a new tool demands it. We evolve or die man. ?

Ok fair enough Eric sounds like you have it under control.

Think we had similar problems with the Wagtail and modified /fine turned that as well.

Till you get it so it works best for your way of using it.

PEACE :1f603:

I struggled with them a hell of a lot. THEN i sorted out my slippage and now love them. I just added some rinse aid and boy what a difference it made.

Slippage is the key with these in my opinion. :)

Back