Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidated that's my liquidators

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Eric Gilliand I changed the angle of the prototype snapper to 25° and was perfect so now all handles i own are 25°

Even the ettore quick release ones I use for my fixed liquidators

Why in hell don't moerman just go back and do a bit of tweaking they owe it to all the good people who have bought their products I know someone on here will come back with something like a good window cleaner can use any tool could a good window cleaner use a rubber with a Nick in it YES I have done plenty of times but the trail comes from the ends of the liquidators Is  like brig oh Doon you can only see it at certain times maybe it vanishes later and I have nothing to worry about but you have to look close to see it if you look on YouTube and read the comments on the liquidators you will realise that there is a lot lot more than me with the same problem or a lot more that have noticed it

Why in hell don't moerman just go back and do a bit of tweaking they owe it to all the good people who have bought their products I know someone on here will come back with something like a good window cleaner can use any tool could a good window cleaner use a rubber with a Nick in it YES I have done plenty of times but the trail comes from the ends of the liquidators Is  like brig oh Doon you can only see it at certain times maybe it vanishes later and I have nothing to worry about but you have to look close to see it if you look on YouTube and read the comments on the liquidators you will realise that there is a lot lot more than me with the same problem or a lot more that have noticed it
:banghead3:

Do you see me doing anything strange to make this liquidator work?

Standard 10" with no mods and works fine

People need to stop blaming tools and either adapt or give up

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I don't do anything strange either I'm just guilty of being very up my own **** about the work I put out did you actually check closely the work in the above video or are you that good with the liquidators that you don't need to check your work that was me

2 questions about that vid

it looks ur using razor red rubber fitted in it am or correct or not?

2 that's a silver channel so it's a demo or very early version the mark 1 or 2 ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It was razr i believe as i use various rubber

It's silver due to being an old one from Moërman but the others are black ones in the other vid

They all eventually turn silver anyway

Yes I don't do anything strange either I'm just guilty of being very up my own **** about the work I put out did you actually check closely the work in the above video or are you that good with the liquidators that you don't need to check your work that was me
I've been using them since before they were available for sale so am very competent with them and been using hand modded channels for over 10 years of my 26 year career so have no fear that my work is perfect

Never had a problem with them whether v1 or v2 clips since day 1

You can see in the 2nd vid there are no marks on the glass 

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time you get a mark is if you turn too quick like in the very middle of the glass with this poor technique

(Look closely and you can see a line )

Do you think it might have something to do with the swivel movement???

As see you said you use the standard fix handle liquidator now and then..
I didn't mean better than the Moerman, I meant better than the fixed squeegees, I don't have a Moerman so can't comment on whether it is better or not.

Eventually got to the bottom of why the liquidator is difficult to use. Its the angle of attack which is too shallow. I heated mine up and put it on a vice and bent the handle and it worked a treat. Try it, rather than leaving it lying around unused. cheers m

Eventually got to the bottom of why the liquidator is difficult to use. Its the angle of attack which is too shallow. I heated mine up and put it on a vice and bent the handle and it worked a treat. Try it, rather than leaving it lying around unused. cheers m
Well I would say it is more that you should get used to it as it is. I have put Liquidator channels into the old brass handles, and have had to bend them.

Well I would say it is more that you should get used to it as it is. I have put Liquidator channels into the old brass handles, and have had to bend them.
after I bent or adjusted it to 30 degrees, it worked a treat, no experience as I have only had it a few days. Its all to do with the "laws of physics" you canny change the laws of physics someone once said.

Now doesn’t seem strange that both the Moerman & the Wagtail swivel handle have the same problem??
When squeezing into the edges.
Both have pivot at same point at the end.
Movement on the Moerman connection is flat so it sort of move more side to side as seen when people using them .
However Wagtail movement has a slightly concave disc connection allows you to swivel easier when fanning.
Both swivels on the Moerman & Wagtail can not have even pressure on the squeegee channel as you swivel or fan it.
Because once move off centre you get uneven pressure on the channel.
Believe when this is solved (swivel movement) it will not be necessary to put anything on the ends of the squeegee channels.

Use razr red in my moerman channels and persevered using them (with green end clips inserted) rather than looking too much for reasons I sometimes got lines and changed make of rubber or angle of attack  or wondering am I too close to the glass or too far away etc. When happened just changed to a normal squeegee, then would go back to the Moerman channel later and would work ok again!!!

It is my main squeegee now especially for pole work.

Example:

Friday afternoon finished work for week in pub playing pool...looks out and windie using pole and normal squeegee across road on upstairs windows, applicator on pole,scrubs some windows,pole down,squeegee on,straight pulls(not good technique),pole down, scrim over squeegee and detailed virtually entire window glass? no doubt leaving marks from damp scrim.

I would of used my pole with my Moerman 10" channel and fliq pad and excelerator swivel handle, scrub window,flick pad,squeegee window...job done....good tool.

Had the best results yesterday with the liquidators No lines all day used the same technique changed my squeegee handle from the accelerator to the ettore contour pro ( the bendy one ) used Tesco lemon dish soap in bucket mixed with water and razor red love this handle just now had it for ages 

Latest Posts

Back