Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Millionaires?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Why work ur nuts off so that the fatcats live it up.. My aim is £1000 a week' date=' even after tax that's a good wage. [/quote']

That is a good take home pay.

And yes you can do that with wfp, aim for around £60 per hour, and do it within reasonable working hours. Don’t kid yourself by working 7 days a week, travelling all over the country doing 80 plus hours per week, that’s more like less than £30 per hour. That’s not too clever, you don’t need to be anywhere near a genius to earn that cleaning windows locally or not to far away, you only need to know what you are doing or going to do, then get on with it.

Take you time, but you must plan and do your numbers. Bit by bit, day by day and before you realise it, you will be there. /emoticons/smile.png

Richard

Reality hurts does it not derek? :rolleyes:

As far as my mindset I am just being realistic in todays climate and don't have my head in the clouds unlike some /emoticons/wink.png

It's not unreal to become a millionaire as a CLEANING CONTRACTOR/PROPERTY MAINTENANCE but highly unlikely on the windows alone.

You would need to put a lot of effort in an be good at what you do, and look after your customers. However its not impossible

It's not unreal to become a millionaire as a CLEANING CONTRACTOR/PROPERTY MAINTENANCE but highly unlikely on the windows alone.
You would need to put a lot of effort in an be good at what you do, and look after your customers. However its not impossible
Well I did mean Cleaning contractor lol window and office cleaning nothing else

You can dream all you like lads but no one is going to become a multi millionaire cleaning windows that’s for sure. :rolleyes:
Most will fail to earn a liveable wage in the first year and pack it in let alone get rich in this game. Anyone that thinks they can is delusional :lol:
Yes the first 2 years will be a struggle but like any business once you get over that milestone its all systems go,

One who fears failure limits his activities.

Failure is only the opportunity to more

intelligently begin again.

Henry Ford................................

It's not unreal to become a millionaire as a CLEANING CONTRACTOR/PROPERTY MAINTENANCE but highly unlikely on the windows alone.You would need to put a lot of effort in an be good at what you do, and look after your customers. However its not impossible

Well I did mean Cleaning contractor lol window and office cleaning nothing else
I think you need to be more versatile that jut windows and offices.

End of lease cleans is good.

As is property sale preparation - which is similar to end of lease, but you might also be asked to do things like get rid of furniture and paint a wall and cut the grass or lay a patio etc.

Monies money /emoticons/smile.png

But I'm not doing this for money if I'm honey, although I do hope to make good money.

For me its mainly for my family time, being my own boss and because I enjoy cleaning, its rewarding!!

That is a good take home pay.And yes you can do that with wfp, aim for around £60 per hour, and do it within reasonable working hours. Don’t kid yourself by working 7 days a week, travelling all over the country doing 80 plus hours per week, that’s more like less than £30 per hour. That’s not too clever, you don’t need to be anywhere near a genius to earn that cleaning windows locally or not to far away, you only need to know what you are doing or going to do, then get on with it.

Take you time, but you must plan and do your numbers. Bit by bit, day by day and before you realise it, you will be there. /emoticons/smile.png

Richard
That's all I need. Allows my wife and I to live, go on holiday a few times each year and pay the bills, along with a few extra's. More to life than making millions, that alone can bring misery. Not for me personally, but fair play for those who want to go that far and succeed.

As for travelling like you have already said, don't travel too far out, "that I don't. I only stick to West Yorkshire".

So Darren what would you say out of the services you offer generates the most turnover?

Domestic Window cleaning

Commercial Window Cleaning

Solar Panel Cleaning

Carpet Cleaning

I would say over the year windows, (domestic), then followed by carpet cleaning (closely). Commercial then panels. panels comes last as i don't really push it. Same with commercial work, so many leave the domestic side and move on to commercial only. The problem I have with commercial, is waiting to get paid sometimes and the 60 or even 90 days payment terms of which I let them know my payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice, like it or lump it.

I would say over the year windows' date=' (domestic), then followed by carpet cleaning (closely). Commercial then panels. panels comes last as i don't really push it. Same with commercial work, so many leave the domestic side and move on to commercial only. The problem I have with commercial, is waiting to get paid sometimes and the 60 or even 90 days payment terms of which I let them know my payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice, like it or lump it.[/quote']I do 30 days aswell mate, no ifs nuts or maybes lol

I do 30 days aswell mate' date=' no ifs nuts or maybes lol[/quote']I just say them "would you wait 60 or 90 days to get paid"? What really annoys me is when they pay late. Before I commence any commercial work I layout my terms. If they say "no" it's no loss to me, i have a lot on anyway. I haven't had any disagree with my terms though... well not yet anyway

To be a millionaire on the windows you will need a few vans and a few staff working for ya plus ull need a high turnover /emoticons/smile.png this can be done but it would take years to build /emoticons/smile.png

Good thread this

a bet a lot of muti milionaire windys have invested there money along the way via shares bonds and ofcourse property helping them to being a millionaire

That's all I need. Allows my wife and I to live, go on holiday a few times each year and pay the bills, along with a few extra's. More to life than making millions, that alone can bring misery. Not for me personally, but fair play for those who want to go that far and succeed.
As for travelling like you have already said, don't travel too far out, "that I don't. I only stick to West Yorkshire".

It is something you can and should be aiming for, if you’re a one man business using wfp.

Its also a very good achievement, that hourly rate is similar to the pay of the CEO of the larger companies, even though you get a lot less pay, because of the lower earning hours when you self employed, the hourly rate is about the same, not bad for a window cleaner. /emoticons/smile.png

Richard

Average detatched house round here is worth over a million. In Chelsea 4 bed terreace 4-12 million, A million is not that much these days.

It is if you don't have it /emoticons/biggrin.png Anyways greed is a sin :rolleyes:

Average detatched house round here is worth over a million. In Chelsea 4 bed terreace 4-12 million' date=' A million is not that much these days.[/quote']

Average detatched house round here is worth over a million. In Chelsea 4 bed terreace 4-12 million' date=' A million is not that much these days.[/quote']
I still think a £million is a lot today; the average house price in the UK is £160 thousand and there are only about 8 million home owners in the UK who own there home outright.

So if you do want to be worth a million, and if you do own your house, run a business and have a few other assets, you are already probably 20% there already, you just need to find the other 80%.

Richard

Back