Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minimum WFP setup cost

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pit Creature

So I’ve just started a small round with a trad setup. Thinking for awkward work like conservatory roofs and windows above conservatories that a wfp system would come in handy.

I’m trying to price it up but i’m not sure what i’d need to buy to do this? 

Is there anything else I’d need apart from this?:

Gardiners backpack

Pole/brush

Water storage

Pure water

Any advice?

Thanks

So I’ve just started a small round with a trad setup. Thinking for awkward work like conservatory roofs and windows above conservatories that a wfp system would come in handy.

Gardiners backpack
Pole/brush
Water storage
Pure water

Any advice?
Thanks
I’ve got a full van system for sale if your interested. Only 4 months old. Used once. Full system cost just over £1700 looking for £1200.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

20m of pole hose so you don't have to drag a full backpack to each window 

I have 30m on mine and just leave it by the side gate or in my van if parked on a driveway most of the time

Gardiners backpack

Pole/brush

Water storage

Pure water

Any advice?

Thanks
You have the basics ?

p.s. you shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’ ??

If you're only doing it for the odd window above the conservatory why not just connect a DI vessel to the customers outside tap (which is in turn connected to your pole).

You only need to use pure water for glass conservatory roofs. In most cases (ie: for polycarbonate roofs) I just connect my WFP directly to the customers tap.

Gardiners backpack

Pole/brush

Water storage

Pure water

Any advice?

Thanks

Will you be buying your pure water in?

Will you be buying your pure water in?
I guess I’d have to.

If you're only doing it for the odd window above the conservatory why not just connect a DI vessel to the customers outside tap (which is in turn connected to your pole).

You only need to use pure water for glass conservatory roofs. In most cases (ie: for polycarbonate roofs) I just connect my WFP directly to the customers tap.
I might try that. What does DI vessel stand for?

20m pole hose great idea all tho find pole hose kinking terribly. Which pole hose best for not kinking??

20m of pole hose so you don't have to drag a full backpack to each window 

I have 30m on mine and just leave it by the side gate or in my van if parked on a driveway most of the time

Was thinking of using Ro tubing and connecting to bottom of pole using j guest surely then it would put an end to kinking??

20m pole hose great idea all tho find pole hose kinking terribly. Which pole hose best for not kinking??

Was thinking of using Ro tubing and connecting to bottom of pole using j guest surely then it would put an end to kinking??
This is the quest for the holy grail. You will get several different answers, but, unfortunately, all the pole hoses twist or kink.

I’ve found this out the hard way throughout the years, I’ve now a big collection of them 

Back