Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman ( again!!!)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I am almost only doing wfp now, but I use a stock non modded 45cm moerman (with fliq and razer red rubber) as my main squeegee. I went from using sorbo and older ettore and unger for years, and the transition was excellent. Less detailing, lightweight and comfortable. 

Now, I did buy a 55cm version since that has been my main sized sorbo squeegee for ever, but the moerman handle is just to flimsy when you get up to that size. All the fanzy rotation and adjustment possibilities makes the handle wobble and thus its very difficult to get proper pressure on the ends of the squeegee.

Is it a perfect tool? No. Does it do the job, absolutely. Does it look like a toy? Unfortunately, a bit. But it doesn't have NINJA written in huge letters all over it so that's a plus.

Hear good things about the unger s channels though, so have to try those someday.

I do find the liquidator hit and miss. Haven't tried changing the handle and am constantly trying different branded rubbers. There is always some sort of detailing with any piece of equipment imo. It's a great step in the right direction but far from the perfect non detailing tool imo. I will try the s channel aswell to compare but have dog earred a few channels before and it does make a difference.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I do find the liquidator hit and miss. Haven't tried changing the handle and am constantly trying different branded rubbers. There is always some sort of detailing with any piece of equipment imo. It's a great step in the right direction but far from the perfect non detailing tool imo. I will try the s channel aswell to compare but have dog earred a few channels before and it does make a difference.

The unger s plus is a good channel but I do still have to do a little detailing compared to the liquidator. 

These things straight out of the box are shite , rubber is horrendous , then u got people on you tube been cleaning windows for a few year trying to tell you your technique is all wrong , best advice I can give on them is ettore rubbers cut a few mill over at the edges and side don’t know why but this seems to work a lot better than cut flush

I like their rubber, use moerman soft, or black diamond soft, plus tried ettore master, soft, and find them all pretty similar. Just plenty of soap needed.
I use razor red on wooden frame houses, as it's much more durable.
I have no problem putting a line of soap on the applicator every dozen or so windows, it literally takes 5 seconds.

Have found that most things regarding window cleaning work better when modified and tweaked a bit.
Moerman channels are relatively new, and their new end clips have been upgraded to try and stop rubber slip.
I'm not going to sweat over pushing a couple of pieces of metal or plastic down each end of the clips...... That takes about 20 seconds.

What sort of etoree rubbers are yous using? I’ve been getting lines with my latest razor rubber in it. It’s cut absolutely perfect so I think I’ll start blaming the actual liquidator now. It’s the best thing ever when it actually works 

Have found that most things regarding window cleaning work better when modified and tweaked a bit.
Moerman channels are relatively new, and their new end clips have been upgraded to try and stop rubber slip.
I'm not going to sweat over pushing a couple of pieces of metal or plastic down each end of the clips...... That takes about 20 seconds.

There's no new science there. The old school brass channels have rubber 'grips' you push in the end to stop rubber slip. They been about 60 years. 

There's no new science there. The old school brass channels have rubber 'grips' you push in the end to stop rubber slip. They been about 60 years. 
The end clips are the new part. To be honest I'm amazed it's taken this long for the squeegee channel to evolve to this point! Unger touted their ninja channel as the most advanced channel ever, a few years back, but that was a crock!
Things evolve slowly in the world of window cleaning it appears.

No matter how many times I've tried with different rubber it leaves lines. I've tried both the 10 and 12 inch using both the ettore and the razr red. Just tried the 12 again using the ettore and it's leaving lines just about an inch left of the middle. The rubber is perfectly fine. It's frustrating because it cost quite a bit. 

No matter how many times I've tried with different rubber it leaves lines. I've tried both the 10 and 12 inch using both the ettore and the razr red. Just tried the 12 again using the ettore and it's leaving lines just about an inch left of the middle. The rubber is perfectly fine. It's frustrating because it cost quite a bit. 

Nothing wrong with the rubber. We found out the problem is the liquidator handle. After you change the handle to the Ettore contour pro plus you will never look back. You could also bend the handle up a bit and that works. I used my liquidator all day today with the contour pro plus handle and I flew through my windows, no detailing. :1f609:

Been using it for going on a month now and have noticed how temperamental it can be if the rubbers aren't 100% cut right. Seems to like a LOT of liquid for slip.  I use a mixture of the Ettore and Moerman stuff and it guzzles through bottles in no time. 

Got browned off today and used a 12 inch S-Plus with a Razer and I had forgotten how nice they are to use, there's a lot to be said for ease of use. Also I'm unsure about everyone else but with the liquidator I find the rubber is constantly needing readjusted as it retracts in or goes out over the edge.

I'm using the excellerator handle which looks similar to the ettore handle 

When I first got my liquidator it was a nightmare, lines everywhere. Eventually I came to the conclusion that the problem was the angle of attack, I think it was to shallow. So I put the handle in my vice and bent it up the way. Then it worked fine, so we found out it was the angle of attack that was the problem. Fix that and you will use it every day.

I have liquidator channels in a wagtail, brass handle and a liquidator handle, and it's the liquidator handle that is probably not up to scratch, the others are fine.

Latest Posts

Back