Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman ( again!!!)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spent two hours doing internals in one house today using just 10 and 14 combinator love the liquidator in whatever handle the older liquidators I found you had to put paper clips or cabletie offcuts in the end clips to stop them moving have just started to use the green unger clips they work spot on. 

The latest batch of liquidator 2.0 the end clips are extra tight and work great without modification, I prefer the razr red rubber when broken in after a couple or so houses.

As scottish cleaning service says the ettore contour pro plus is a nice handle to use.

Just got 14 inch fliq complete today and I was just wondering.. is this 5 inch hard rubber line on the fliq meant to be there? It keeps catching so I can't flick it properly, I actually have to push it against the glass. So before I cut it off I just wanted to make sure it is or isn't suppose to be there.

20180423_155340.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

20180423_155340.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just some observations from a six month Moerman user.

I bought both the single pass version and the one with the fliq pad.

Mow I love the idea, and there were days when I was doing less detailing.

First I will comment on the single pass.

Ok for the cleaner windows like inside work. On outsides I struggled with my starting position,  also it was really poor on smaller panes.. Then one day it fell from my BOAB and broke. £ 3.50 plus VAT for a replacement Tbar plus the hassle of it happening. 

FLIQ  pad is defo my favourite,  that is wherd thd time is being saved. BUT the clips on the pad are already starting to wear and the pad is falling off... on one side. And the thing is it would be a crying shame if I had to purchase another pad over a worn clip.  ( I also have suspicions the pad can pick up small pieces of grit which could cause problems, so I rise it  out two or three times a day.) 

Then one day the adjustable handle snapped....

But here is where it got interesting. 

I dropped the Moerman channel into a cheap ledger handle that had lay unused for years. I wanted a longer handle so that the fliq pad would not wet my hand. The funny thing is that the handle does not grip the rubber at all. It just sits in the channel. At first I thought I would have to go down the toothpick, cable tie, end clip route to keep it in place, but I tried it at home and it worked fine without it. No movement. For the last two weeks I have been flying through the work with NO lines, and very little detailing. The Moerman channel has already been tweaked using hot water to lessen the dog~eating. 

So overall there are many pluses, BUT the tool needs to be more robust.

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter how many times I've tried with different rubber it leaves lines. I've tried both the 10 and 12 inch using both the ettore and the razr red. Just tried the 12 again using the ettore and it's leaving lines just about an inch left of the middle. The rubber is perfectly fine. It's frustrating because it cost quite a bit. 
Try cutting the rubbers about 1 mil over at each side , iv been ******* about with these things since they came out they are not great but that seems to work good for me

Just got 14 inch fliq complete today and I was just wondering.. is this 5 inch hard rubber line on the fliq meant to be there? It keeps catching so I can't flick it properly, I actually have to push it against the glass. So before I cut it off I just wanted to make sure it is or isn't suppose to be there.

View attachment 13584

View attachment 13584
It's supposed to be there, when new it's very stiff, but after a bit of use it softens up, stops it flicking over accidentally

Cheers pal was wondering was it a dud lol. What angle do you use yours at? I am trying to get along with the liquidator but just can't take to it. Change of angle, change of rubber, change of handle etc I have done all those things and still getting lines and skipping.

In hand 25 degrees with exelerator handle. Double the amount of soap your using, I get lines when I don't use enough, it needs loads

Tried another ettore rubber and bought some ettore soap and it's totally changed my mind. Love it. The ettore soap is a bit dear but you only need a tiny amount. 

Cheers I will try that. I will give it one last bash before it goes in the drawer. I just find it a lot of effort but one last try :D
Try using proper window soap instead of dish soap. I had tried using the liquidator umpteen times and was very disappointed but not now using the ettore soap 

The liquidator is the best channel out there once you adapt it to suit oneself. All I did was change the handle to the contour pro plus and away I went. Contour pro plus is the best handle out there but at £40, it should be.

I have the contour pro plus, it's better than the excelerator handle which is absolute rubbish. I actually got the 2 contour pro plus handles, one for liquidator & one for my wide body sorbo squeegee but can't get it to fit the sorbo channel. I used the moerman rubber instead of the razor red and it's a lot better. The razor red feels horrible on the glass and skips something awful.

So had a good day out with the Fliq, contour pro and moerman rubber and happy to report much much better. I use the big sorbo 36 inch for commercial but was using the Fliq for glass staircases and smaller windows. Have an 80 panel glass stair case to do tomorrow too so give it a crack morrow too.

Tried another ettore rubber and bought some ettore soap and it's totally changed my mind. Love it. The ettore soap is a bit dear but you only need a tiny amount. 
do you mean 'Squeegee Off', if so, then yes, I've been using it for a few years now.

It seems everybody buys a liquidator and find it impossible to use. After changing handle or using more soap it seems to work perfectly. You would think moerman would design a new handle for it. Then it would be the best seller.

do you mean 'Squeegee Off', if so, then yes, I've been using it for a few years now.
Aye pal that's the 1. For some reason the lads I work with prefer fairy so I'm going to fill a spray bottle and use it myself. It'll save me some money 

It seems everybody buys a liquidator and find it impossible to use. After changing handle or using more soap it seems to work perfectly. You would think moerman would design a new handle for it. Then it would be the best seller.
What rubber do you use in yours? I only got a shift from the ettore and the sides were all chewed

Latest Posts

Back