Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

moerman liquidator replacement rubber?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I initially tried my liquidator with it's original (Moerman) rubber and it really was awful. Yesterday I tried the Unger soft and it seems to perform well - still doesn't perform as well as the spotless yellow though! And as I mentioned previously...... keep well away from the razor red!

???

I initially tried my liquidator with it's original (Moerman) rubber and it really was awful. Yesterday I tried the Unger soft and it seems to perform well - still doesn't perform as well as the spotless yellow though! And as I mentioned previously...... keep well away from the razor red!

???
Unger rubber is too small though and leaves lines once the sun hits the glass directly go and have a look. I find moerman soft a winner hands down for this squeegee. Not tried the spotless yellow though 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's the liquidator channel by God you can can clean your windows in your own house using all the new fancy techniques extra expensive soaps any rubber you like and in sun around seven o'clock at night when the sun is streaming in your living room windows you can see what women customers on your round would call streaks come back an hour later and they are all gone 

I think water and soap mix escapes round the very tips of the rubber and sometimes not visible to the human eye thus leaving a Streak I have tried these adjustments

1. Change squeegee handle

2.bend blue ends in more towards rubber

3.bend blue ends away more from rubber 

4. Use every rubber under the sun

5. Cut rubber perfectly flush with blue ends

6.cut rubber slightly shorter than blue ends

7.cut rubber slightly longer than blue ends (overhanging)

8.use every technique on YouTube

9.use every type of washing up liquid from every supermarket I UK

And still I can't solve this anyone else got any suggestions please expose them 

Maybe I'm to picky

Unger rubber is too small though and leaves lines once the sun hits the glass directly go and have a look. I find moerman soft a winner hands down for this squeegee. Not tried the spotless yellow though 
I used both the Unger soft and the spotless yellow on my own windows. No streaks or any other Mark's on the glass and also perfect around the top edge and sides of the glass. Top result all round. The spotless yellow does glide a lot smoother than the Unger though. 

I used both the Unger soft and the spotless yellow on my own windows. No streaks or any other Mark's on the glass and also perfect around the top edge and sides of the glass. Top result all round. The spotless yellow does glide a lot smoother than the Unger though. 
Well according to polz n blades who designed the clips Unger rubber isn't long enough for the liquidator channels 

I think it's the liquidator channel by God you can can clean your windows in your own house using all the new fancy techniques extra expensive soaps any rubber you like and in sun around seven o'clock at night when the sun is streaming in your living room windows you can see what women customers on your round would call streaks come back an hour later and they are all gone 

I think water and soap mix escapes round the very tips of the rubber and sometimes not visible to the human eye thus leaving a Streak I have tried these adjustments

Maybe I'm to picky
It's just practice and the way you hold the blade moerman soft rubber and a 10 degree handle no problems at all 

Razor Red was fine when folks started raving about it in 2014 on the forums.  By 2015 it was just like this post, everyone complaining that the quality had dropped massively and with great inconsistency.  

Since then it has been nothing but up and down for the quality of Razor Red which is an issue if you do a lot of trad and all you have in reserve is poor quality product, this will just serve to frustrate you. 

In 2015 suffering the issues mentioned here whilst doing a six week builders clean Grand Central in Birmingham we decided it was simply not usable as we were having to scrim over all the faint lines left behind. 

We switched to Black Diamond which is honestly the best traditional rubber we have found to date as far as quality, use and consistency go. We use the medium grade in summer when the glass is warmer and switch to soft in winter when the glass is colder. Black Diamond also seems to wear better than Razor Red, Unger and Pulex. 

I kid you not, once you have tried Black Diamond you wont go back to other rubbers. 

Here is a link if you want to try some. It is currently on offer. 

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/special-offer-blackdiamond-squeegee-rubber-7359-p.asp

Maybe I'm to picky
The Moerman channels hate acute angles try and blade more straight rather than / and press either more firm or ease off.. I had these issues when I first got the channel over 2 years ago.. been fine since.. and I agree too many things to try when leaving lines it's should just work like a "normal" squeegee 

Razor Red was fine when folks started raving about it in 2014 on the forums.  By 2015 it was just like this post, everyone complaining that the quality had dropped massively and with great inconsistency.  

Since then it has been nothing but up and down for the quality of Razor Red which is an issue if you do a lot of trad and all you have in reserve is poor quality product, this will just serve to frustrate you. 

In 2015 suffering the issues mentioned here whilst doing a six week builders clean Grand Central in Birmingham we decided it was simply not usable as we were having to scrim over all the faint lines left behind. 

We switched to Black Diamond which is honestly the best traditional rubber we have found to date as far as quality, use and consistency go. We use the medium grade in summer when the glass is warmer and switch to soft in winter when the glass is colder. Black Diamond also seems to wear better than Razor Red, Unger and Pulex. 

I kid you not, once you have tried Black Diamond you wont go back to other rubbers. 

Here is a link if you want to try some. It is currently on offer. 

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/special-offer-blackdiamond-squeegee-rubber-7359-p.asp
Black diamond rubber has arrived today so I'm going to trial it this afternoon. ??

Well after a few cleans this afternoonie with the blackdiamond squeegee rubber I am completely converted. No streaks no lines and no hassle. It really works well with the Moerman Excelerator mk2 and liquidator 2.0; this blows away all of the other squeegee rubbers that I have been trying recently, and it is also a cheaper product to purchase. Thanks for the recommendation Green Pro Clean.

The Moerman channels hate acute angles try and blade more straight rather than / and press either more firm or ease off.. I had these issues when I first got the channel over 2 years ago.. been fine since.. and I agree too many things to try when leaving lines it's should just work like a "normal" squeegee 

Personally I would say the opposite to what you’ve said ? ....liquidators are pathetic for lines no matter what. They work a week then are ? for the next week. Problem is once your used to them a normal squeeze is diabolical.

Well after a few cleans this afternoonie with the blackdiamond squeegee rubber I am completely converted. No streaks no lines and no hassle. It really works well with the Moerman Excelerator mk2 and liquidator 2.0; this blows away all of the other squeegee rubbers that I have been trying recently, and it is also a cheaper product to purchase. Thanks for the recommendation Green Pro Clean.

I will Listen to this and waste more money on a rubber that doesn’t work with a liquidator along with the ettore handle that was mentioned before ?

I got a batch of Black Diamond rubber delivered today.

I will give it a bash next week and see how it goes.

Razr red has been alright recently but I changed back to using HG solution again and I think the slip and extra soap on the glass has worked compared to GG3 or Under liquid.

Liquidator is still the best blade with Ettore contour pro handle for longer blades and Moerman handle for shorter blades.

I do a variety of windows and I'm starting to understand why my liquidator works fine and then not so fine. It all comes down to the age of the glass I am cleaning. I do a care home with wooden windows and 30yr old pitted glass. The squeegee sometimes goes into stop start mode. Then I finish the care home and clean some houses with new windows and its fine again. I think we are all blaming the rubber or solution when in fact its the condition of the glass we are trying to clean! Did 3 houses that had that blue protector film on them yesterday. Nightmare, had to use isopropanol on all of them and scrap as well. I don't think they could be cleaned with a WFP unless it was dipped in iso. That's why first cleans need to be trad so one can be up close and inspect them. FWIW

Personally I would say the opposite to what you’ve said ? ....liquidators are pathetic for lines no matter what. They work a week then are ? for the next week. Problem is once your used to them a normal squeeze is diabolical.

I will Listen to this and waste more money on a rubber that doesn’t work with a liquidator along with the ettore handle that was mentioned before ?
Just give it up as a bad job pal ?

I do a variety of windows and I'm starting to understand why my liquidator works fine and then not so fine. It all comes down to the age of the glass I am cleaning. I do a care home with wooden windows and 30yr old pitted glass. The squeegee sometimes goes into stop start mode. Then I finish the care home and clean some houses with new windows and its fine again. I think we are all blaming the rubber or solution when in fact its the condition of the glass we are trying to clean! Did 3 houses that had that blue protector film on them yesterday. Nightmare, had to use isopropanol on all of them and scrap as well. I don't think they could be cleaned with a WFP unless it was dipped in iso. That's why first cleans need to be trad so one can be up close and inspect them. FWIW

I suppose there is nothing else to blame so it’s the glasses fault now ?

ive noticed I have windows it leaves lines on more than others also to be fair 

hi guys - does anyone have trouble replacing the rubbers on these channels (liquidator) - also i wondered does anyone remove the blue end clip at one end to replace the rubbers on these channels ? - i am not sure if mine is defective but sliding the rubber along the channel is really difficult. i have everything well soaked in the sink / fairy liquid but it still feels like the new rubbers are stretching when i try and pull it along the channel. really can't find anything on this on vids so thought i'd ask here - thanks in advance

Cleaning spot sell pre cut moerman rubber. Liquidator and straight cut moerman rubber.

The soft rubber I cant get on with, I only use moerman hard and never have issues with it. 

@scottish cleaning service on wooden frames trad accurately so you just miss the frames or it will jar and ruin your rubbers 

If it leaves lines then heat the rubber up bend your channel a bit etc. Make sure there is no grit in the blue plastic ends etc 

hi guys - does anyone have trouble replacing the rubbers on these channels (liquidator) - also i wondered does anyone remove the blue end clip at one end to replace the rubbers on these channels ? - i am not sure if mine is defective but sliding the rubber along the channel is really difficult. i have everything well soaked in the sink / fairy liquid but it still feels like the new rubbers are stretching when i try and pull it along the channel. really can't find anything on this on vids so thought i'd ask here - thanks in advance

I usually take one clip off and slide rubber along but its not that easy because you can stretch the rubber. Think I ended up putting the channel in a vice and opened it up a bit with a big flat screwdriver.

I usually take one clip off and slide rubber along but its not that easy because you can stretch the rubber. Think I ended up putting the channel in a vice and opened it up a bit with a big flat screwdriver.
All ya need to do is get a kettle and heat the channel and rubber up. Lubricate it and make sure there is no trapped dirt. Only time I have removed the clips is when I've dropped the thing and shattered it. Had 10 plus channels never had to remove parts. 

All ya need to do is get a kettle and heat the channel and rubber up. Lubricate it and make sure there is no trapped dirt. Only time I have removed the clips is when I've dropped the thing and shattered it. Had 10 plus channels never had to remove parts. 
Thanks man I’ll give that’s try - also curious as to why you have gone through 10 channels do they wear out eventually? 

Back